Help on internet search

Texas Proud

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have seen some links that people have put here that I am surprised they found... so I know there are some who are good at finding things, or already know where to look...

I bought my sister's 2013 Hyundai Genesis... one of the problems is that one of the high beam lights is pointed up a bit... enough to not be close to where it should be...

When I took it in the dealership wanted over $100 to adjust the aim of the light... I declined since it is high beam... but it also is DRL, so I kinda would like to get it adjusted... HOWEVER, I cannot find any place that actually shows me how to do it... can anybody find a service manual or something on youtube or similar that shows me what I need to do so I can adjust it?

I looked under the hood today and the whole area is covered in plastic, so I know there is work to get to anyplace to adjust, but I can do all that if I can see what I need to do..

Thanks for anyone who can find this for me!!!

Sometimes for hard to find stuff, I first do a google search for the image. ("images" option of "all" with google search ).

sometimes the most obvious way is to search like you are asking a question. ie "How do i adjust the high beams on a hyundai genesis"

Main beam , and dip beam adjust together ... so if your dip beam is ok (check against garage wall method) ... you have another problem.

I had this recently on a Hyundai as it happens ... simple ....bulb had been replaced "incorrectly" ... ie not seated right. Simple, took out bulb and replaced carefully ... sorted in 2 mins !

worth a look. (by looking into headlight ... at bulb, - daytime , lights off ..... I could see problem as well )

If you know where you want the answer from, you can append something like "site:YouTube.com" to the end of your question.

Main beam , and dip beam adjust together ... so if your dip beam is ok (check against garage wall method) ... you have another problem.

I had this recently on a Hyundai as it happens ... simple ....bulb had been replaced "incorrectly" ... ie not seated right. Simple, took out bulb and replaced carefully ... sorted in 2 mins !

worth a look. (by looking into headlight ... at bulb, - daytime , lights off ..... I could see problem as well )

This is interesting.... yes, the low beam is fine.... so if the adjustment affects both lights (kinda like the video posted above does) then I have a different problem...

Edit... well, the bulb looks like it is slightly higher but I would think that would put the beam lower...

The bulb is in a socket and it looks like both sockets are in the same position... the one bulb being ever so slightly higher for some reason... but it does look like it is in the socket the same as the other...

I do have HID bulbs and it does not look like you can get to these easily which is probably why they want so much to fix the problem... since it is only my high beams and DRL I will live with the problem...

Last edited:
Not your model but try it

Thanks for this, but this car is nothing like the Genesis... there is so much plastic coverings etc. on the Genesis that you cannot see anything looking down in the engine bay...

Agree with this.

Back
Top Bottom