Hooray for Silicone Tape

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Noticed a crack on the old aerator on the kitchen sink.

Small streams of water started to shoot out.

Good thing I had some silicone tape around to give a temporary fix until I get a new aerator.

Attachments

• faucet.JPG
    faucet.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 38

Good thing I had some silicone tape around to give a temporary fix until I get a new aerator.

If DW never finds out you fixed it that way, you might not need to replace it.:cool: Just sayin' so YMMV.

If DW never finds out you fixed it that way, you might not need to replace it.:cool: Just sayin' so YMMV.

No DW, but I like your way of thinking :).

I may leave the fix up for some time before replacing because I can :popcorn:.

Well, good ole duct tape would work too, if you trimmed down the width to what you needed for this fix. :) Why have two types of adhesive tape, if you can do with just one?

Nah, who needs an aerator anyway. Just yank it out, and call the problem solved.

Last edited:
Aerator won't arrive til tomorrow.

But no problem as the silicone tape is holding up nice and good :popcorn:.

Faucet update ...

I went ahead and installed the new aerator. Happy to say the aerator fit thanks to previously measuring with my digital caliper (so, the caliper is not a toy, after all).

The good thing about the new aerator is that it is not flow restricted. In otherwords, water flows out like the good old days when I was a kid. The extra flow (yeah, I know, may use more water :( ) is great for rinsing off dishes and fills up the water bath container for sous vide cooking about twice as fast :dance:.

Back
Top Bottom