Hot Dog Eating Contest

A while back, we talked about french fries in duck fat. One of these days, I need to do a blind taste of fries in 1) duck fat, 2) pork fat, 3) beef fat and 4) vegetable oil. That will make a family party more interesting, if I arrange for more people to join the test.

Back on the competitive eaters, I watched the woman who wolfed down two 72-oz steaks in the above link, and it's scary seeing she tearing in the meat like that. I also did not like to watch people in the Nathan hotdog contest eating buns dipped in water to swallow them quicker.

When the contest or challenge time is longer, such as eating that giant bowl of Pho in 1987 seconds (1/2 hr), or the following 8-lb burger in 45 min, Miki Sudo showed more grace. Watch the following. Of course she ate the giant burger in only 16 min, and also knocked down a liter of Coke.

Please invite me to the fries test.

The resort I worked at used to make their fries in lard. Ain't nothin' like the real thing!

My grandfather ate a dozen eggs cooked in lard every morning. This was in the 60's and early 70's. He lived till 80 , my dad who said "oh man thats unhealthy, died at 57. Go figure.

Sonya Thomas could eat 65 hard boiled eggs in 6 minutes and 40 seconds, according to Wikipedia.

If she does that everyday, but eggs must be cooked in lard mind you, she will live to 80*65/12 = 433.

Last edited:
Ak. My nephew used to love watching "Man vs Food," an entire eat-huge-quantities show. The only contest I might consider is one that involved mounds of ice cream. I think I could be a contender there.

Always try to watch the Nathan's Famous. Best part if the intros where we could learn for example how tall they are, how they rank in the world, and who is the reigning tamale or matzo ball eating champion, the Lumberjack breakfast and french cut stringbean eating champion and numerous puns by announcer George Shea.

Always try to watch the Nathan's Famous. Best part if the intros where we could learn for example how tall they are, how they rank in the world, and who is the reigning tamale or matzo ball eating champion, the Lumberjack breakfast and french cut stringbean eating champion and numerous puns by announcer George Shea.

I agree, he whips everyone into a frenzy and the tidbits about what they have eaten are great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom