How many nights do you eat out in a week

It depends on our schedule! If we are out and about, we don't rush home to eat.
Could be morning coffee and breakfast, lunch when on errands, or dinner when we don't feel like cooking. Take out, more than sit in restaurant, probably 1-10 times a month for any meal.
Formal, fine dining restaurant meals are maybe 4 times a year for special occasions, ($200-400, depending on just me and DH or kids and grandkids.)

Now - never. We're lunch people now. Heavy dinners just makes us feel like burping at night.

My DW's best friend's hubby inherited about $150,000 and he ate it all. I mean - he went out to eat for lunch and dinners in restaurants everyday after getting the inheritance money until it was $0.00. He literally ate it. :D

Last edited:
I've been in the restaurant business. I have seen what goes on in the kitchen in terms cooking and cleanliness and I would rather eat and prepare food at home.

Now - never. We're lunch people now. Heavy dinners just makes us feel like burping at night.

My DW's best friend's hubby inherited about $150,000 and he ate it all. I mean - he went out to eat for lunch and dinners in restaurants everyday after getting the inheritance money until it was $0.00. He literally ate it. :D

With that amount of money I assume he drank some too...

Probably 2-6 times a week. We have $1k/mo in our retirement budget for that. We place a high priority on fine dining and enjoy it very much.

I've been in the restaurant business. I have seen what goes on in the kitchen in terms cooking and cleanliness and I would rather eat and prepare food at home.

I did not know anything about restaurant business, but after watching a few old episodes of Kitchen Nightmares on YouTube, I got the idea. :)

Back
Top Bottom