How many nights do you eat out in a week

I used to do 2-3 days a week, generally pretty inexpensive stuff like taco night, happy hour appetizers, or pizza. I have eaten out in the past 15 months though.

In the past year and a half we’ve been out to dinner twice.

When at home, we started going out once a week beginning May 2020 (vs. old twice a month). When traveling (i.e., ~6 months of the year), every night.

We basically do only fine dining and some better ethnic restaurants. Anything else, we can cook at home.

Before March 2020 I usually picked up takeout on the way home from w#rk twice a week (on average).

Since March 2020 I have picked up takeout about half a dozen times in total.

1 night out with DH, and an occasional night with my sister, but we usually just meet up on our patios.

Another zero.
I eat almost nothing I haven't cooked myself.

But in all honesty, I'm about ready to start getting occasional restaurant meals again. It's a nice experience and if you're careful about where you go and what you order there is no reason not to enjoy it now and then.

Almost every night but then we learned about seed oils and realized we needed to cut them out. We were traveling and ate at Whole Foods last week. They threw oil on the grill for a hamburger patty-gross

It varies... Some weeks we never eat out. Other weeks we might go out a couple times. We tend to eat out most when on vacation, or when coming back from visiting family.

Most of the time we prepare our own meals at home.

1 or 2 times per week. Some weeks none at all. A lot less since COVID shut everything down and we did even better at eating at home.

Eat out or carry out ~6 dinners per week, 1 breakfast.

0 - - I seldom if ever go out for dinner.

We eat lunch at a restaurant every day of the week, and always have. Then Frank goes out for dinner each night, and I cook for myself here at my own home.

Lately, Frank has been bringing take out food to me for my dinner about 3 nights a week. That's a nice surprise. We are both watching our weight, so when he does this we split a meal between the two of us.

I think that eating out a lot is much more common here in New Orleans, than it is in most other places.

Substantially less than we did pre Covid. We used to eat out most Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays. It was a habit we developed while we were working, because we were tired and busy. One thing the past year has taught us is that the food we cook at home is pretty darned good. And now that we are retired and have the time and energy to cook, we do. I don't see us going back to our old dining out habits.

Hubby and I have lunch out once a month. We eat outside, or takeout and take it to a park, since Covid.

We pick up costco pizzas every two weeks. I have 2 young adults sons under roof - it's very cost effective. LOL. $21 inclusive of tax for two massive pies.

During most of covid we got takeout weekly from one of three locally owned restaurants we wanted to insure stayed in business. Now that things have opened back up we have let that slide - all 3 restaurants managed to survive and are busy.

As for dining out, dinner... maybe every other month during non-covid times.

Heck -even travelling, I like to get vacation rentals vs hotels because I like the food we cook more than most restaurant food.

More lunches than dinners. Say lunch 6 times a week. Dinner maybe twice.

Back
Top Bottom