How Many People Are Left From the Year You Were Born

Hard to believe that almost 80% of the people born in my birth year are still alive. I feel better now.... I think....

Interesting to see that the birth rate continued to rise during WWII from pre-war numbers. :confused: I guess there were a lot more men classified 4-F's, or otherwise exempt than I thought. Not surprising to see a such a big increase in births after the end of the war.

Last edited:
My sister was born in 1946. The 8 years between us sure makes a difference.

Strange that a higher percentage from 1955 are still alive than from 1956.For one thing, polio was still a thing in 1955.

Hard to believe that almost 80% of the people born in my birth year are still alive. I feel better now.... I think....

Interesting to see that the birth rate continued to rise during WWII from pre-war numbers. :confused: I guess there were a lot more men classified 4-F's, or otherwise exempt than I thought. Not surprising to see a such a big increase in births after the end of the war.

Back then having 5 to 10 children was not unusual.

Farmers [who usually had large families] had deferments.

https://daviesscountyhistoricalsociety.com/2011/04/06/farm-deferments-during-world-war-ii/

Strange that a higher percentage from 1955 are still alive than from 1956.

i'm going to go ahead and call this FAKE NEWS - we all know how mortality works on this forum

61.1%

I think I'm one of them, but sometimes I'm not sure.

I'm proud to still be a living member of the 68.6% club! :cool:

2 out of 3 of your cohorts are still alive.

You are only special when down to 1 out of 10, or 1 out of 20.

It may be a bit lonely at the top, but that comes with winning.

My group is almost 80%... pretty good for our age!

Presume these numbers are for US births. I was born on a different continent, wonder what the numbers are for the rest of the world.

Interesting statistic: Apparently there are more people the age of my wife and me (born in 1960 and 61) than any other age until you get up to the Millenials. Old enough to be in the baby boom and young enough so not to many of us have keeled over yet.

Here's something that has been posted previously. This is Gapminder's data of life expectancy versus income/country from 1800 to present. Fun to watch the changes with time and compare countries.

Thanks for posting. I see this now for the 1st time.

The dip in life expectancy across the globe in WWI is sobering. But I did not know that China and India suffered that badly compared to other nations. In WWII, it's Poland and Russia.

It's genocide! Such sad madness.

Thanks for posting. I see this now for the 1st time.

The dip in life expectancy across the globe in WWI is sobering. But I did not know that China and India suffered that badly compared to other nations. In WWII, it's Poland and Russia.

It's genocide! Such sad madness.

Millions in Russia and Ukraine were mass-murdered by Stalin in the 1930s BEFORE WW2... but that is another topic.

Interesting statistic: Apparently there are more people the age of my wife and me (born in 1960 and 61) than any other age until you get up to the Millenials. Old enough to be in the baby boom and young enough so not to many of us have keeled over yet.
Welcome to Generation Jones.

We watched the early boomers suck up all the resources, bad. But we didn't die in Vietnam, good.

Besides no dying in 'Nam, I think the point above about improved health care has a lot to do with our bubble in the boom.

Back
Top Bottom