How Much Is A Haircut?

How disappointing! I got my hair cut at Supercuts today, and the stylist was such fun! She happily chatted on and on about the challenges of dealing with her 12 year old son, her own problems with her hair, her Katrina evacuation, and all sorts of stuff. That sure made it more pleasant. Much better than if she decided to sing or stop and text like your barber. :LOL: I think that would have been too much! She did a great job for $13.95 (including a $2 senior discount), plus tip.

I would have loved to have had the experience you described.

OK. so I go for my monthly haircut, and its a new owner. the former owner moved to Boca Ratan to open up a kosher bakery. Well, although I dont exactly have hair like Fabio, I sure missed the old barber. He was having a grand opening special, $14 dollars the guy is singing in Spanish to me and he has an awful voice. If thats not bad enough, he pauses maybe 10 times to play(text?) with his phone. I ask him how much just in case its not the $14 that i see posted everywhere. I give him $25 and will never return. Unless Im very wrong this store will be for rent very soon

My husband got a new barber too. The old one semi retired and didn't accept any appointment until 3:30pm on weekday and full time on weekend. But the bonus is the new barber is my hair dresser, she charges a lot less, like $7 and he gives her $3 tip. Total is $10. Not only she is cheaper, she actually cuts hair and trims his eye brows and hair from his ears. She is so sweet and takes time to do things. She is careful. I don't really care for the long time she takes to do things, but I let her do her job.

Last edited:
My husband got a new barber too. The old one semi retired and didn't accept any appointment until 3:30pm on weekday and full time on weekend. But the bonus is the new barber is my hair dresser, she charges a lot less, like $7 and he gives her $3 tip. Total is $10. Not only she is cheaper, she actually cuts hair and trims his eye brows and hair from his ears. She is so sweet and takes time to do things. She is careful. I don't really care for the long time she takes to do things, but I let her do her job.

Its almost worth the trip for me to go there. This guy sang worse than Alfalfa

Cheap haircuts for men in Chicago neighborhood on N side can be as low as $5-10. I sometimes feel guilty about my recent stock market non earned gains and usually pay $5-10 extra in tips. You can easily spend more just for a hair cut in other places.

The people often seem to sneak me in near my random no appointment arrival time and pay attention to eyebrows and a stray hair say on an ear somewhere.

But I tend to possibly over tip waitresses and grill cooks too. I like to help those we interact with who are in the rat race phase of life.

DW does mine in Paradise but on the mainland I go once a year to a barber/beauty school for $6.00. YMMV

My haircuts are a frivolous indulgence. I get mine at a pub that has a barbershop! The cut is $22, plus I always have a pint (or a glass of wine). So, with a cut, drink, and tip, I'm at the mid $30 range - ouch!. However, I get an "army" cut and go shaggy dog between cuts, so visits are fairly infrequent.

Hmmm... thought I had already responded to this.

Haven't been to a barber since July 11, 1958, the day before I got married.

So, looking back... if I had a haircut about every 5 weeks @ today's $15 the total would be:

$15 X 10 times a year X 29 years = $4350.

So I also cut DW's hair. Have no idea how to calculate that... No hairdresser expense at all, since 1962.

Also... 4 sons, haircuts by me, 'tll age 17...

Over the years, maybe 5 different barber kits... total $125.
:clap:

$10 plus a $3 tip. Older lady cutters in a converted private home.

$6.99 to $9.99 plus $2 tip. I try to wait until Great Clips has a sale or a coupon. I'm pretty stubborn and can get pretty shaggy between sales.

Been going to same "gals" since I moved back to GA in 2012. Also would visit when I was home on leave. They were originally barbers at the Navy base here in town, but opened up their own shop several years ago. When I was still on active duty, it was $10. Now that I am retired, it's $15...but I think that's reasonable since they will give you hot towel shave, trim "extra" hair (thankfully mine isn't out of control yet!) and it's good to catch up with "old friends" and talk to the few natives that are in left in town.

I tried a Flowbee not too long ago, but when I was done, my head looked like a misshapen q-tip, so I have no issues dropping $20 every 5 weeks or so to get it done professionally.

Back
Top Bottom