How to tell someone ...

Id like to congratulate the OP. First internet thread _EVER_ To get near unanimous agreement.

Please consider running for president. With this ability to draw ppl together you could go far.

A related anecdote: A pretty good friend started to go grey in his 50's and dyed his hair. It looked awful - not the brown of his youth, but more the orange of Ziggy Stardust era Bowie. I told him so. He never forgave me.
That happened to me when I started to go gray. Bought a drugstore dye kit. Close friend very diplomatically said that dying my hair might help me look younger but I should spend the money and have a professional do it until I learn how as it was too obvious. I got very good at it so people couldn’t tell

I think this guy might benefit from a good stylist and not just his barber

I think most men resent the idea of paying more for a haircut than their barber has been charging them. That's seen as a women's expense.

That happened to me when I started to go gray. Bought a drugstore dye kit. Close friend very diplomatically said that dying my hair might help me look younger but I should spend the money and have a professional do it until I learn how as it was too obvious. I got very good at it so people couldn’t tell

I had the reverse issue. Folks were always asking me who did my hair color - it looks so natural. That's because it is, I told them. It's only the last couple of years that my gray has begun to show. Now, if I could deal with the MPB without hair plugs?:LOL:

Wow! I guess I'm right in style. DW is always after me to trim my brows. As the hair on my head wanes, the hair over my eyes seems to grow. Should I show her this thread and ask her what gives her a right to dis me because of my eyebrows? Naaaahhhhhhh!

Gotta say... According to Wiki,

In Tajikistan, a unibrow is viewed as an attractive quality in both men and women. For women, it is associated with virginity and purity and, in men, virility.

There you go... :cool:

I think most men resent the idea of paying more for a haircut than their barber has been charging them. That's seen as a women's expense.

I resent having to pay the same for my haircut as someone with a full head of hair when all they have to do for me is trim the sides. Takes the barber less than half the time. :D

Cheers!

I resent having to pay the same for my haircut as someone with a full head of hair when all they have to do for me is trim the sides. Takes the barber less than half the time. :D

Cheers!
:LOL: Yes, I've joked with my barber about my "half price", too.

IMG_2349.JPG

Back
Top Bottom