I Voted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not planning to vote twice, but I don't know that different counties do a cross check to make sure that only one ballot is counted.

I've heard that Cook County in Illinois has a very liberal attitude toward that. :angel:
:LOL:

Early voted today. Lines were steady and the process was very efficient. It’s good to see people getting out and exercising their rights. Everyone seemed pretty happy.

Got an email confirmation yesterday that my mail-in ballot was received and ready to be counted on Nov 3. That wasn't so difficult :dance:.

Not planning to vote twice, but I don't know that different counties do a cross check to make sure that only one ballot is counted.
I've done some research and can't find any that don't have some way to cross check, and the penalties for deliberately voting twice are severe. The only examples I've found are a few cases of people moving and voting in two states. If you have concrete evidence of significant double voting, please share it instead of just casting doubt with no actual basis. Just one example (MANY more readily available online):
Turns out, they do it every election, though not in large numbers. An Enquirer analysis of state records for the past three presidential elections found a total of 2,177 Ohioans attempted to vote twice in those elections, about 0.013% of the more than 17 million ballots cast.

In every case, election officials flagged the ballots as potentially problematic and required the voters to cast provisional ballots that would be reviewed after Election Day. The ballots were then discarded after the review confirmed the voters had voted twice.
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news...undreds-try-it-and-fail-every-year/113658342/

Last edited:
I've done some research and can't find any that don't have some way to cross check, and the penalties for deliberately voting twice are severe. The only examples I've found are a few cases of people moving and voting in two states. If you have concrete evidence of significant double voting, please share it instead of just casting doubt with no actual basis. Just one example (MANY more readily available online):https://www.dispatch.com/story/news...undreds-try-it-and-fail-every-year/113658342/

I'll express my views, thanks!

Funny that the article posted also had some doubt in there...

Though the system worked, Poland said, she’s worried that if hundreds or thousands of voters take Trump’s advice and try to vote twice, the system might be overwhelmed, straining the board’s ability to vet ballots and slowing the vote count.

“I would advise voters not to do that,” she said.

Last edited:
I'll express my views, thanks!

Funny that the article posted also had some doubt in there...
And I'll point out the lack of any evidence thanks. Anyone can cast doubt with no basis in fact, all too common these days. If you can show evidence of significant double counting, that would be well worth knowing for all.

This is an interesting thread and still 3 weeks to go, so hopefully we’ll stick closely to the original thread topic - our personal voting experience - and avoid the other stuff. :greetings10:

We voted yesterday. Stood in line for an hour with our neighbors. No real problems voting other you have to select each candidate individually, no straight party function. As I tell everyone; pay your legitimate taxes, vote and show up for jury duty and you get to bitch!

I've heard that Cook County in Illinois has a very liberal attitude toward that. :angel:
:LOL:

My roots in that situation go back decades and run deep. It does take some of the motivation out of voting since you can be confident your vote is significantly diluted. But I do..... and I will.

This is an interesting thread and still 3 weeks to go, so hopefully we’ll stick closely to the original thread topic - our personal voting experience - and avoid the other stuff. :greetings10:

Please folks--I started this thread with a real interest in whether people on this Forum were voting and how they were voting. Please stick to that that topic so this thread can stay open. Thanks!

There were 3 early voting locations near me. Two were overrun with long lines. I went to the third and was in and out in 15 minutes. Early voting began on Tuesday and I voted on Wednesday.

<Mod hat on> The thread topic is for forum members to report whether they have voted, and what voting mechanism was used. Please take other voting related matters to another thread discussion.

DW, DS and I each mailed our ballots in on Saturday and my Wednesday it showed up as being received by the election board (online). So, I guess the filling out the ballot and the mail worked fine. After the election, we'll find out if our vote was actually counted. My state doesn't make this process all that easy, but for us it's better than waiting in line.

Early voted today in Raleigh NC. Took about 50 minutes. Felt very safe.

Hoping to get ballots in the mail today or tomorrow in WA. We'll fill 'em out immediately and hand carry to ballot box downtown. It is such a ridiculously easy system that it boggles my mind to see lines stretching 10 hours long. What a waste of millions of man-hours. :confused:

We dropped our ballots early last week at an official ballot drop off box. We received emails this week indicating that our ballots were accepted and will be counted.

Hoping to get ballots in the mail today or tomorrow in WA. We'll fill 'em out immediately and hand carry to ballot box downtown. It is such a ridiculously easy system that it boggles my mind to see lines stretching 10 hours long. What a waste of millions of man-hours. :confused:

I agree. I miss going to a polling place, but having mail in voting has been great. I have time to do research at home on candidates/issues and then I can mail or drop off my ballot. I find it baffling that it’s not this easy everywhere in the US.

I received my ballot today. I’ll fill it out over the next week and drop it off at a ballot box, which is an easy walk from my house.

Early voting here appears to be a madhouse. Waiting until next week when the zealots are done with their rush.

I've just voted up here in British Columbia — early voting day in our Provincial election.

No drama at all, here in Canada!

Early voting here appears to be a madhouse. Waiting until next week when the zealots are done with their rush.
We voted early in person this morning, the first possible day, and the local news tonight says you’re right. It was busy this morning, but lines died down considerably as the day went on across all sites. Not surprise - they report the worst days to vote early in person will be the first and last days it’s offered. I wanted to go tomorrow but a conflict came up, and DW was adamant about showing up even before they opened first day...

Last edited:
Didn't even had to get out of my car to drop off our mail in votes. Pretty easy and tracked it to be processed.
Waiting on line - more important things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom