I Voted

Status
Not open for further replies.

harllee

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I received my North Carolina absentee ballot by mail, completed it and hand delivered it to my local board of elections. NC has a way to track your ballot which I signed up for and got a text my ballot had been accepted.

Who else has voted?

In order to keep this thread open, please no politics or discussion of who you voted for--the thread is intended as a place for folks to say they have voted and, if they want to, the manner in which they voted.

I encourage everyone to vote!!

Lucky you. Early and mail in voting not yet available down here in South Fl.

I received my North Carolina absentee ballot by mail, completed it and hand delivered it to my local board of elections. NC has a way to track your ballot which I signed up for and got a text my ballot had been accepted.

Who else has voted?

In order to keep this thread open, please no politics or discussion of who you voted for--the thread is intended as a place for folks to say they have voted and, if they want to, the manner in which they voted.

I encourage everyone to vote!!

Same here!

We will go to our neighborhood polling location on election day - fire house, only 1/2 mile down the street.

I mailed away to the county for an absentee ballot (my first time ever), and so far have not received it. Their website is very sparse on any sort of update, much less tracking! I did find a FAQ that said they would start mailing out ballots 45 days before an election (to those with a qualifying request). Early in-person voting will be my backup if nothing materializes. As far as any sort of tracking, none has been talked about, just mail request and ballot into the great unknown. I don't think they like the concept.

Requested a mail ballot a couple of weeks ago. Our state website says they expect to start mailing them out in "late September or early October" so not expecting it until at least next week. This is the first time they have allowed just anyone to vote by mail, but they made it simple -- you only had to say you had concerns about going to a polling place due to COVID.

Our polling place is less than a mile from home, so easily walkable, and I've never had more than one other person ahead of me to vote. Haven't decided yet, but will probably vote by mail, sending it in a few days before the deadline.

We do early voting in person at the courthouse. 10 minute drive, and I go by there almost every day anyway. Very easy.

I don't trust our local USPS to get our ballots delivered, so I'll do it the old fashioned way.

California will be sending mail-in ballots to all registered voters this year, as a result of the pandemic. I believe I will be receiving mine soon. My best friend and I will fill them out together. I will then cycle to the County Superior Courthouse, and drop them in the ballot box outside. We plan to do it soon after we receive our ballots.

The county Courthouse is so close, that we always drop off our ballots this way.

State of NY sent me a card to where I live (Canada) to register on their website to receive their mail-in-ballot, so I've done that.

I thought I heard all states will have this.

I hope so, certainly makes it easy to track your ballot and confirm it is received. My mother mailed her NC absentee ballot, she got a text when the post office received, got another text when the Board of Elections received it and then a third text when it was accepted. Very efficient.

Our ballots will be mailed to us during the first week of October, so we cannot vote until then.

Usually I drop it off at the library, which is one of the official drop-off locations; but this year I have signed up to be a poll worker myself. I'll be working at one of the "super polling places" that will be open for 4 days, so I'll probably just bring it with me and turn it in there.

Our ballots will be mailed to us during the first week of October, so we cannot vote until then.

Usually I drop it off at the library, which is one of the official drop-off locations; but this year I have signed up to be a poll worker myself. I'll be working at one of the "super polling places" that will be open for 4 days, so I'll probably just bring it with me and turn it in there.

Thank you for agreeing to be a poll worker. I bet with Covid there will be shortage of workers. DH sometimes works at the polls but this year he will not be able to since he is age 70 and has a compromised immune system.

We have tracking of mail in votes too. I confirmed that my primary ballot from May went through. I was concerned about the upcoming election because tracking claimed I had received the ballot a few days (a week?) before I actually got it, but it finally did come yesterday. I'll mail it in soon. It says I need a witness signature. I thought I'd heard that was waived this year, but I'm not taking any chances so I'll get a witness and then either mail it or drop it at the registrar.

With the tracking, and mailing it early, I'm not concerned about doing it by mail. I'm more concerned if the drop box is not secure, because all someone has to do is flood the box with liquid to ruin the ballots. They could do the same at mail boxes but in a mail box there may or may not be a few ballots mixed in with other mail. At the registrar's box, they are probably all ballots in there. A good compromise might be to mail it at the post office where the registrar is. It should be safe there, and quick assuming they sort and keep local mail before sending the rest off to a sorting location.

We have early voting in FLA soon. I will most likely vote in person even though I did request a mail in ballot.

.... I'm more concerned if the drop box is not secure, because all someone has to do is flood the box with liquid to ruin the ballots. They could do the same at mail boxes but in a mail box there may or may not be a few ballots mixed in with other mail. At the registrar's box, they are probably all ballots in there. A good compromise might be to mail it at the post office where the registrar is. It should be safe there, and quick assuming they sort and keep local mail before sending the rest off to a sorting location.

Do you have unattended ballot drop boxes in your area? When I've dropped my ballot off in past elections, it's always been during specific hours at a table where there are two election workers and an official ballot box. The workers check that you've signed the envelope (we don't need witnesses here), then they have you put it in the box and they give you an "I Voted" sticker.

I guess somebody could walk up to the table and attempt to pour liquid in the box, but they couldn't do it without being seen, and they could also do that at a regular polling place. If you have unattended drop boxes, I could see that this might be a bigger concern though.

My absentee ballot is in the mailbox right now waiting to be picked up

Do you have unattended ballot drop boxes in your area? When I've dropped my ballot off in past elections, it's always been during specific hours at a table where there are two election workers and an official ballot box. The workers check that you've signed the envelope (we don't need witnesses here), then they have you put it in the box and they give you an "I Voted" sticker.

I guess somebody could walk up to the table and attempt to pour liquid in the box, but they couldn't do it without being seen, and they could also do that at a regular polling place. If you have unattended drop boxes, I could see that this might be a bigger concern though.
I don't know for sure. Someone in a neighboring county shows a pic of a drive up box. The drop box location in my county is catty corner from the post office, so I'll probably drive out and see what the drop box looks like first. The county website is not specific, other than saying it is clearly labelled and socially distant, which makes me think it's not inside.

In NC too. I mailed my ballot Monday. I got a notice Tuesday when the USPS logged it. I got another notice when the Wake County Board of Elections accepted it this morning at 8:01 a.m.

I have voted!

I'm living in the town I am registered to vote in. I'll vote on election day in person.

In-person voting started here in Virginia on Friday. Brother, SIL, cousin and aunt all voted yesterday. I'm waiting for a week or two so the lines will go down. Plenty of time.

We've had mail voting for years. In addition, most cities have secure, ballot drop off boxes. Usually you can find them at city hall, the library or wherever municipal buildings congregate. Just drop it off before the cutoff time on election day. Or have it postmarked no later than election day.

I tend to vote about a week before the election day. I can't imagine voting this early. In our primary, I remember thinking that if I had voted early it would have been for a candidate that withdrew before the actual election day. At least I got to vote for my #2 choice.

After a few days, I check with my county website which will tell me if my ballot has been received. EZPZ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom