Joe Millionaire

BigMoneyJim

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am watching Joe Millionaire right now. I am so ashamed. ;) It's only my second episode, though, and I think it's the last of the series unless it's a teaser cliffhanger which would really make me mad.

If I were in that show I think I'd want to be the butler guy.

Totally off topic. No more profound point to be made unless someone can tie it into FIRE.

I saw the same episode you did. Come to think of it, last night was my 3rd episode because I saw the number of girls go from 4 to 3, then from 3 to 2, and last night saw the number...not change at all. Most of the show last night was stuff I'd already seen in my first two viewings and some stuff obviously from other shows. Some of the material they seemed to imply was new but I had seen it on earlier shows. There was no new information, just an attempt at building up suspense I suppose for a two hour finale next week. Two hours? He picks one, tells her it was all fake and "do you still want to know me now that you have no idea who I am?" The rest of the show will likely be more rehash and filler. Phhtt.

I just read your review on MSN's board. I took Mojo's check in a different way. The way she explained it led me to believe she had ambition and wanted to cash that check out of money she earned, but Joe saw it as gold digging.

But who knows? The whole situation is completely silly. There is a similar show on a smaller scale called Elimidate where one man (or woman) takes four women (or men) and eliminates one of the four every commercial break. (It's a 30-minute show). But on that one I saw the final two girls suddenly decide the guy was a pig and walked off the show to go pick up other guys. THAT's a relaity show!

I wasn't smart enough not to watch any of the finale, but I was smart enough to tape it and then rewind from the end until I figured the most interesting stuff was. (I went 30 minutes back, but 10 minutes really would've been enough.)

The "big twist" is that the show gave the "lucky couple" <cough cough> a million dollar check and told them they were millionaires now. (Nevermind that they have to split it and pay taxes so they aren't millionaires now, either. Not that $250,000 free and clear is a bad gift....)

I wonder how the lucky girl will feel when she finds out that he apparently had two intimate encounters during the series with the runner up?

In the previous shows I thought the winner was a bit off her rocker, but she seemed more together in the final episode. I suppose Fox edited to make it look that way in the earlier episodes. I think the guy managed to pick one of the few--if not the only--non-golddigger.

Joe, or Evan, or whatever your name is, I hope you make it to this site and REHP and use that money wisely!

Back
Top Bottom