Kids and college entrance exams...

Other than car sales, which doesn't follow my personality, what avenues do you speak of. Don't say pro poker player or business owner. 95% of people who play poker lose money and to be a business owner you have to have money to start a business.

I assume you have a high school degree or GED,right? Go find something you like or have an interest in and get an associates degree in it, or get certified in something like Microsoft or whatever.

A LOT of folks get into a UW school by doing a junior college or tech college and taking college transfer courses, if you get any kind of grades, you'll get into a UW system school............

In 1998, I got a 1450 on the SAT (didn't take the ACT). I applied to several selective but small liberal arts schools and got into them all. I wanted to apply to one school that was more of a "name brand," but my mother wouldn't let me because she didn't think I'd get in.

I was happy with the college I chose, but I still wish I'd at least applied to my dream college. I'll echo the advice of others here--your son should apply to at least one "reach" school--and add this: if there's a school he wants to apply to, let him no matter how unlikely it seems that he'll get in or how much you wouldn't want him to go there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom