Looking For Docking Program for Win 10

You must be on Win 7? :)

nope. win 10

fic1wr9o689jfej6.jpg

Last edited:
About how many items do you have on your taskbar? I had a lot and to the point I didn't see an option to do any resizing and the quick launch icons were just getting smaller. But maybe I'm missing something :confused:

About how many items do you have on your taskbar? I had a lot and to the point I didn't see an option to do any resizing and the quick launch icons were just getting smaller. But maybe I'm missing something :confused:

See the bottom of the picture. About 10. I've never seen them get smaller and I've never tried to increase their size, but I'm sure I can make the taskbar bigger and there should be no reason for the icons to get smaller if I provide enough real estate.

See the bottom of the picture. About 10. I've never seen them get smaller and I've never tried to increase their size, but I'm sure I can make the taskbar bigger and there should be no reason for the icons to get smaller if I provide enough real estate.

I dunno. My experience is that make icons larger in Win 10 isn't really that much larger when there are a lot of icons.

Thanks for suggestion, but I'm not going to fiddle around again as I kind of like the 7+ Taskbar Tweaker program for commonly used, but not too many quick launches and then put less commonly used ones in a shortcut folder.

I didn't see an option to do any resizing and the quick launch icons were just getting smaller. But maybe I'm missing something :confused:

Right click the toolbar and uncheck the "Lock the toolbar" item.

Now, hover over the top edge of the toolbar until you see the resizing pointer.

Finally, left-click-and-drag the top of the toolbar to resize it.

Right click the toolbar and uncheck the "Lock the toolbar" item.

Now, hover over the top edge of the toolbar until you see the resizing pointer.

Finally, left-click-and-drag the top of the toolbar to resize it.

That adds a row to the taskbar, on my Win 10. It may not be the effect he is looking for.

On a 2048-wide screen, I have about 30 items pinned to the taskbar (small icons). There is room for about 10-12 more horizontally. On the right are pinned folders, and small area for the system tray.

Capture1.PNG

I now recall that I eliminated the search box, which took up too much space. When I first upgraded, I read articles to find ways to customize taskbar. It took awhile. This may be one I looked at:

https://www.pcmag.com/article/355897/7-ways-to-tweak-your-windows-10-taskbar

That adds a row to the taskbar, on my Win 10. It may not be the effect he is looking for.

On a 2048-wide screen, I have about 30 items pinned to the taskbar (small icons). There is room for about 10-12 more horizontally. On the right are pinned folders, and small area for the system tray.

View attachment 31220

I now recall that I eliminated the search box, which took up too much space. When I first upgraded, I read articles to find ways to customize taskbar. It took awhile. This may be one I looked at:

https://www.pcmag.com/article/355897/7-ways-to-tweak-your-windows-10-taskbar

With the instructions on your linked article, maybe I successfully add a second row to to the default Win 10 taskbar. I couldn't for the life of me find how to do that before.

But in the meantime, I kinda like your Progries and Shorties approach which seems clean in itself and I'm leaning towards using this method regardless -- using the taskbar for common launching, and a folder of shortcuts for ones not used as often.

My attachment shows what I got so far in my Progries :). Thanks to everyone with their tips.

As suggested, I put my shortcuts in folders, used irfanview for icons and Progries and Shorties shortcut folders.

Attachments

• shortcuts.jpg
    shortcuts.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom