Misplacing things

I was going to comment on this thread but for some reason or other I'm unable to find the damn computer!

The gal, ever helpful, is wont to tell me; "it's always in the last place you look". Think the idea is I should look there first.

We shuttle between SoCal and Oregon with the seasons and a couple years ago a box with my Vasque walking shoes dissappeared. Ouch. Some friends with a truck had transported them south for us and they were just gone. I could visualize the box size and the writing on the box. Searched both our places, they searched their spots - no help, four pairs of absolute favorite shoes were just not to be found. They had transported them as a favor, so I had to act like it didn't bother me - but having things vanish does - a lot.

Last week I was changing a light in our closet and closed the door while inside. There is a door-hung shoe rack, and the shoes were all there, turned so the soles faced out. Two years I've searched... Celebration in our house and an immediate mea culpa call to our friends.

Congrats on the hard-won victory! The only thing worse is losing that dang thing you had 30 secs ago and then spending many minutes or more trying to find it.

We're getting really bad too. So bad that we now send ourselves emails about the "clever" hiding places we stuff things right before a long trip. Because we know that when we get back, we never remember where we put stuff.

I once lost an older laptop for over a year because I had hidden it too cleverly just before a trip. It turned out that I had slide it along the edge of something and it was so well hidden by the cabinet door hinge that I couldn't see it. Until I took some things out of that storage cabinet over a year later, and then noticed it. And this was years ago, so I know I was just as bad back then.

DH is always looking for stuff, and most of the time I have to help him. And more often than not I'm the one that finds it. But if I've lost it, it's hopeless!

Same approach to remembering where we hide stuff before a trip! The other issue I have is keeping track of all the things we need to do and last year I discovered the bullet journal system which has helped tremendously. So far so good as long as I don't lose the journal:)

Back
Top Bottom