More Bull To Come

baanista

Dryer sheet aficionado
From the Morgan Stanley "Economic and Investment Perpespective Stratagem" for Spring 2002 -

<i>They're back. After a bear market decline for the better part of two years, stocks have resumed their long-term upward climb, albeit modestly. The new bull market has proved resilient despite continued fears of terrorist attacks and, more recently, mounting concerns about corporate debt, accounting practices, and research integrity.</i>

So you ask, Gee Baanista, why would you expect Morgan Stanley's economic analysts to be any better than their stock analyst? What's the news here?

Well, what tickled me was having the Spring 2002 Analysis show up in my mail box in August, after a particularly bloody July in the market. Of course this advice was a lot more useful now when I can reach the proper conclusion - Don't listen to Morgan Stanley. The headline of the article said it all "More Bull to Come".

Someone needs to extend their document retention policy to cover their newsletters. Perhaps something like shred economic prognostications once the ink has dried.

Regards,

Baanista - Who had been just dying to post in this category

I'm glad someone finally posted here!

But I (almost) miss the posts on the old TMF forum offering guaranteed 120% per month returns with no risk to principal or interest.

I've never met anyone who tried one of those... I'd love to hear what happened.

Dory36

Investment Secrets of the not so insiders

Thanks for the link arrete!

I remember galeno talking about the returns he got from some fideo-whatevers he had found down there that had just that sort of hush-hush, need to know someone story about them. Hopefully his entire fixed income portfolio wasn't tied up in them.

A good reminder of the benefits of diversification and that higher returns tend to be associated with higher risk.

Baanista

Well, what tickled me was having the Spring 2002 Analysis show up in my mail box in August, after a particularly bloody July in the market. ....The headline of the article said it all "More Bull to Come".

Maybe, they just sent you your newsletter a little early. I think that this can be recycled with minimal editing.

They're back. After a bear market decline for the better part of two years, stocks have resumed their long-term upward climb, albeit modestly. The new bull market has proved resilient despite continued fears of terrorist attacks and, more recently, mounting concerns about corporate debt, accounting practices, and research integrity.

They might want to change the date. OTOH you see this standard excuse all of the time:They were right, but just a little early.

Have fun.

John R.

If you are planning your retirement based on the
performance of common stocks, you are in big trouble.

I suppose if you have enough time to wait out the peaks and valleys, it might work. However, if I was 38 instead of 58, I still wouldn't touch common stocks.
There are many other investments, less risky and more
predictable. Common stccks are for fools and dreamers.

Right on, John Galt. The answer is not to take more risk, it's to save more and spend less! To tell young people that the answer is gambling is shameful.

All those geniuses back in the late 90's are still trying to recover during the next AVERAGE 10 year period. In the meantime they are still handcuffed to the rat race!

ROTFLMAO and counting the ROI on the money I banked on RE! R/

Back
Top Bottom