Most Annoying Commercial

We hate them all equally. We record and skip past the adverts.

If you have complete control of the TV, this is the smart way to go.

Since I despise commercials, and what I consider to be attempted brainwashing by commercials, I don't listen to any of them at all.

I either put them on "mute", or turn the television off and do something else. Usually the latter.

Reactions: W2R
If you have access to a browser on your tv, you can enter the following link:
https://smart-youtube-tv.en.softonic.com/android
Or if your tv and computer are linked, you can download the file on your pc(windows) and transfer the file over to the tv, and install it that way.
Not an IOS guy, but it probably works the same way.

Might as well use YouTube. Below is why.

IMG_9721.jpg

Might as well use YouTube. Below is why.

View attachment 40594
I have been using Smart Youtube TV for years on my Nvidia Shield, and the only ads I have seen are sponsor ads. e.g. Paul's Hardware has little sponsor ads that he describes in the beginning of the video. Never seen an ad otherwise.

The same crap is going on during golf tournaments with 2/3 the screen being a commercial and 1/3 being the golf match. Even on a big screen TV, 1/3 is so small you lose the detail view.
Wait a minute, let's get carried away with this.... Almost ANYTHING is better than watching golf. If it were just golf and commercials being broadcast on TV, I switched to a test pattern.

Wait a minute, let's get carried away with this.... Almost ANYTHING is better than watching golf. If it were just golf and commercials being broadcast on TV, I switched to a test pattern.

Bowling?

I have a special super power; I totally zone out when commercials come on, so I can't really say any one annoys me. DW will comment on a stupid commercial and I am clueless to respond back to her complaint.

I'd rather watch golf, then basketball of any kind, car racing, soccer, or hockey.... :dance:

Boston doesn’t have that bad of dialect.

Having been born and raised there, I can say, yes they do (or at least some). And, if you live there, you can tell the difference between areas. North of Boston and South of Boston are quite different.

For the record, as we used to say way back in the 60's (when I lived there), JFK didn't have a Boston accent, he had a Hahvard accent. :D

I take it you missed the Ryder Cup match.....U.S. vs.Europe?:D

Last edited:
We skip commercials when watching OTA shows on TiVo and mute them when streaming. But, even muted, I despise the Seat Geek commercials. It really annoys me that the commercials worked well enough even muted, that I remember the company name.

However, we will actually unmute or rewind to watch those Progressive “turning into your parents” commercials. Ironically I could not remember what company those were for, despite having watched them many times…I had to look it up just now.

This sounds like the Northern Cities Vowel Shift, which is thought to have originated after the Erie Canal was created, and then spread across the midwest. It's characterized by pronouncing "cat" as a drawn-out, nasal "key-at," "Anne" as "Ee-yan," and "Boston" as "Baaston." Very nasal.

I first heard it in my rural NJ neighborhood (where we said "cat" for cat) in the 1960s when more families with kids started moving in. A lot of them were midwestern transplants. Why is that kid calling for Ian, I thought. We don't have anybody named Ian here. Turned out he was calling for "Ann."

The NCVS is thought to be a major change in the way English is spoken, even though it probably sounds completely normal to anybody who grew up north of Maryland. (They have them some funny accents in MD, too - ask anybody who's been in Gulnbrny).

https://en-academic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/270794

Having been born and raised there, I can say, yes they do (or at least some). And, if you live there, you can tell the difference between areas. North of Boston and South of Boston are quite different.

For the record, as we used to say way back in the 60's (when I lived there), JFK didn't have a Boston accent, he had a Hahvard accent. :D

Last edited:
It's a radio ad, but the 'so easy you can do it in your underwear' jingle for some ripoff carbuying outfit.

Back
Top Bottom