Music to Heal the World

Seals & Croft capture the easy beauty of summer and family.

Alan Parsons - Blue Blue Sky (part 2)

Sit back, relax, and listen to this. Your soul will be lifted, you might even start to smile, and you will definitely be entertained.

Upbeat summer theme: I love Billy Stewart's version of Gershwin's Summertime:

And one of my top 5 groups, Kool and the Gang, with a classic soul instrumental (whose tune has been used by many others):

Live version and quite different from the original.

Ane Trolle - Crazy (Gnarls Barkley cover) LIVE

This song - this version always heals me. I think it could heal the World.

Instrumentals, or songs that are predominantly instrumental, have always been among my favorite "healing" music. Just listening to the instruments in rhythm makes me feel good. This one is among my all time favorites, I can listen to this in a loop and never tire of it.

Ramsey Lewis - Sun Goddess (backing band on the track is Earth, Wind & Fire):

Instrumentals, or songs that are predominantly instrumental, have always been among my favorite "healing" music. Just listening to the instruments in rhythm makes me feel good. ...

I like the instrumental "Jessica" by The Allman Brothers Band. It is said that the composer, Dickey Betts, was inspired to write the melody by watching his infant daughter, Jessica, bounce around the room.

Last edited:

Nuvole Bianche
by Ludovico Einaudi

Last edited:
I like the instrumental "Jessica" by The Allman Brothers Band. It is said that the composer, Dickey Betts, was inspired to write the melody by watching his infant daughter, Jessica, bounce around the room.

I like "Jessica" as well, thanks!

In truth, my favorite Allman Brothers Band instrumental (somewhat more melancholy than "Jessica", so perhaps not a good "heal the world" song :)) is "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed". I would play the latter during my jazz shows on my college radio station, and invariably would get a call from at least one listener who has shocked when they found out it was by the Allman Brothers :).

I like "Jessica" as well, thanks!

In truth, my favorite Allman Brothers Band instrumental (somewhat more melancholy than "Jessica", so perhaps not a good "heal the world" song :)) is "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed". I would play the latter during my jazz shows on my college radio station, and invariably would get a call from at least one listener who has shocked when they found out it was by the Allman Brothers :).

Heh, heh, did you ever play Cellophane Symphony and get calls about "That can NOT be by Tommy James and the Shondells"? I won't include it here because, interesting as it is, it is NOT a "Heal the World" kind of song. More of a "puzzle the world" song. First time I heard it, I wanted a copy - if for no other reason than to amaze and confound my friends. No one ever guessed who it was upon first hearing. By the way, I was fortunate to find the album in a cut-out bin for a quarter. YMMV

Love the classics, but this summer, Dua Lipa got it done for me. So catchy. Damn you, Bennie Blanco!:

Back
Top Bottom