Music to Heal the World

Gumby

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
In troubled times, some of us turn to music. It can calm us, inspire us, cause us to reflect on the beauty around us and lift our spirits. These are some songs that do that for me. I hope you will add yours.

Last edited:
Nice one, Robbie! I really enjoyed the Broadway singers doing that recently too. I forget what show it was.

My contribution:

^^^^^^ Bach always has been and always will be an expression of our transcendent soul.

Last edited:
In troubled times, some of us turn to music. It can calm us, inspire us, cause us to reflect on the beauty around us and lift our spirits. These are some songs that do that for me. I hope you will add yours.
+1, totally agree with the sentiment. There are so many songs from varied genres that inspire or lift my spirits, I couldn’t pick less than a couple dozen. So I’ll just enjoy the contributions of others. Good thread!

Great tunes all. In honor of SueJ's new grandbaby, I offer the following from Stevie Wonder. Has anyone ever captured the joy of bringing new life to the world as Stevie has?

One more from me. I like the Aerosmith's original version best, but this one really touched me. It was part of an ESPN special to remember the victims of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, airing a year later. I was in that race, crossing the finish line about 30 minutes before the bombs went off. I still remember the shock and fear from that day, and later the eeriness of dark empty streets except for the occasional black SUV with flashing blue and red lights going somewhere in a hurry, and wondering if something more just happened. Then seeing both the pain and resiliency of Boston residents the next day. Certainly there were worse terrorism events in US history, but none that impacted me so directly. I wish I had been able to qualify to run the 2014 race.

One more aside, I have a marathon play list to run to, and the first song, which I start a few minutes before the race, is the original Aerosmith version, to put me in the right frame of mind.

A little inspirational video for when you feel like you can’t get it done.

Great tunes all. In honor of SueJ's new grandbaby, I offer the following from Stevie Wonder. Has anyone ever captured the joy of bringing new life to the world as Stevie has?

No one has! I blasted this song to celebrate my first born in 1985.

Let it Be
Imagine

Wonderful thread, so uplifting.
thank you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom