My son said his first word

Notth said:
It was "google".  I'm sure of it.  I just dont know if he wants to buy or short. :duh:

Your answer may lie within the pampers.

Mustard, creamed spinach, pureed peas...carrots a couple of days ago. He's quite colorful :p

Don't worry. It will pass.

Every rookie dad for a million years has experienced it.

Just continue to be there for mom.

Notth said:
It was "google".  I'm sure of it.

C'mon, kids his age don't know anything about search engines. He was most likely talking math:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googol

How old is he now, around 4 months? Things should start to get interesting pretty soon. Those first 4 months are pretty much the bump-on-a-log stage of development. It shouldn't be long now before he realizes that cool things fit into AC sockets. :)

wabmester said:
It shouldn't be long now before he realizes that cool things fit into AC sockets.  :)
I've been stuck in that stage for over four decades...

Me too!

He's about 5.5 months.

He's moving right along all right. He's discovered that grabbing the dogs and cats parts is good fun. He can throw a toy out of his stroller into the next aisle. He's discovered the high pitched screechy sound that gets immediate adult attention. And he's killing me on clothes...blew right through the 6-9 month stuff we JUST bought and is wearing 1 year outfits. Fortunately since summer has FINALLY arrived in norcal, and we're running 95-102 degrees this week, his outfits will largely consist of a swimming diaper, a regular diaper, and maybe a tee shirt. Until sometime in October.

Yes...its gonna be 100 almost every day for the next two months. All y'all in minnersoter that got good and tired of hearing me tell you about the warm balmy winters can have your comeuppance now... ;)

Wait til he's 16 and he thinks you are an assh*le! :LOL:

As soon as the stinging sensation that came from nowhere upside his head goes away, I'll let let him know just how big an a-hole I can be by suggesting that I telll all his buddies we called him "our bunny" when he was little, and that I'm willing to share with both his male and female friends ALL of the photos of his first bath, his first diaper change at home, etc. ;)

One rule thats not going to be broken around here is mutual common respect for one another...

My oldest son made it to 18 before he decided I was an a** h***.
My youngest will be 18 in August. He better not even think of it....Or I'll sell my house and move to FL and leave them behind. (I'm planning on doing that anyway in a few years - but I'd consider doing it earlier if I needed to).

My oldest has come around now, but it was a rocky year.

It's on this board already, but:
"When I was a boy of 14 my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learnt in seven years." -- Samuel Clemens

"My parents moved a lot when I was a kid, but I always managed to find them."
-- Rodney Dangerfield

"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." :LOL:

----Charles Wadsworth

Notth said:
Me too!

He's about 5.5 months.

He's moving right along all right. He's discovered that grabbing the dogs and cats parts is good fun. He can throw a toy out of his stroller into the next aisle. He's discovered the high pitched screechy sound that gets immediate adult attention. And he's killing me on clothes...blew right through the 6-9 month stuff we JUST bought and is wearing 1 year outfits. Fortunately since summer has FINALLY arrived in norcal, and we're running 95-102 degrees this week, his outfits will largely consist of a swimming diaper, a regular diaper, and maybe a tee shirt. Until sometime in October.

Yes...its gonna be 100 almost every day for the next two months. All y'all in minnersoter that got good and tired of hearing me tell you about the warm balmy winters can have your comeuppance now... ;)

Sigh, at nine months the angelic aura is started to get rough edges here, too. Still my angel, but she now yells at me to do things, and she used to be great in resturants. Tonight we went to a Mongolian BBQ and I had her in my lap, she reached out and grabbed a fistfull of noodles and threw them everywhere. She thought it was hilarious that mommy was wearing food, I tried to pretend to be coughing. Still, she will always be in good with the old man because a couple weeks ago I came down the stairs and she looked up and smiled and said, "DA DA!" :D

Zipper said:
"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." :LOL:
----Charles Wadsworth
Boy, that scored a direct personal hit-- it works with daughters, too. Good one, Zipper, thanks!

Have Funds said:
Engineer??   :p
Gosh, does it show?

No, it was the "sticking things into AC socket" that gave it away... ;)

Laurence......that's the end of the eating out for awhile. Take home is so much easier when they're in that stage.

My oldest ate a piece of blue cheese out of my salad when he was pretty small, and threw up all over me in the french restaurant where we were eating. The people sitting near us did not appreciate it. That ended my restaurant days for a long while.

Could be worse. Mine was grabbing for my glass of pepsi in a restaurant yesterday. I finally moved it to the corner where he couldnt reach it, and where minutes later I stuck my elbow in it and send it absolutely flying across the floor...:p

Kids are great, huh? Tonight she just wouldn't go down to sleep with mommy, I held her for two minutes and she was fast asleep. DW hasn't yet spoken to me...... :-\ :D

SOP at our house. He falls asleep with me in a minute. Takes forever with mom. He knows if he keeps fussing, she'll just pick him up again. When daddy is tired, he has no mercy...;)

On another board Grand Banks Dory posted about speaking at business meetings as foollows:" Only time I ever saw our head honcho's pretty much keep their mouths shut and nod a lot. Before every meeting one vp or another would tell me 'YOU keep your mouth SHUT'. For some reason I was the only one they said this to."
Now just wait, my son is in high school. The other day wife & I were picking up a "friend" and were going to drop them off at the movies. Turns out "friend" is a young lady. Just before arrival at her house my son said: "Dad, don't say anything. My wife chimes in in agreement with son " I mean NOTHING." Now I'm just a friendly, happy kind of guy, little did I know how embarassing this can be to a teenage son. So listen to your sons words now, there will be a time when there will be even fewer words. And just like now with your little one, its still a miracle.

Back
Top Bottom