Mystery smell settles over Manhattan

Re: Mystery smell settles over Manhattan

Reason #8728957295125279125741 I am glad I no longer live or work in the 5 boroughs.

Dang Dex...I saw the title and was going to say "Is The Donald in town?"

But then again it seems a little dangerous to taunt the master of combovers these days...

My favorite part of this is "we dont know what it is, but we're confident its not dangerous".

Mass hysteria.

I find it quite amazing that americans believe that terrorists could unleash a huge amount of a poison over a massive area and do it with a small truck!

Ever drive down the njturnpike?

IT STINKS!! nd on a rainy wet damp day like yesterday with a sw wind well the smell MOVES toward NYC!!

newguy888 said:
Mass hysteria.

I find it quite amazing that americans believe that terrorists could unleash a huge amount of a poison over a massive area and do it with a small truck!

Ever drive down the njturnpike?

IT STINKS!! nd on a rainy wet damp day like yesterday with a sw wind well the smell MOVES toward NYC!!
What are you saying here NewGuy? Sentence 2 you find it amazing that people think a truck could unleash poison but in sentence 4 you explain that it would work?

What is it amazing hysteria or realistic fear?

donheff said:
What are you saying here NewGuy? Sentence 2 you find it amazing that people think a truck could unleash poison but in sentence 4 you explain that it would work?

What is it amazing hysteria or realistic fear?

Heh, you obviously have never driven down a certain stretch of the turnpike. There is a gigantic refinery and a number orf chemical plants, as well as the largest port operation in the US along that stretch, and it is just upwind of NYC when the wind is right.

Dh wondered if maybe someone was doing a test to see how far something could spread, yea he's paranoid. He also worked for a prophane co and said it doesn't take much of that chemical to cause the smell. I hate the NJ Turnpike when we travel!!!

I'll tell you the part that kills me about it. CNN. on and on and on. Ok, so there's a smell. Ok, so there may be a gas leak. SURELY there's some other news to report for a solid hour. "describe the smell...ok. can you describe the smell again. I see. So can you give us a more detailed description of the smell" ad nauseum. Sure, report it. But how about mixing in a few other stories as well?

The whole world doesn't begin and end in New York. Maybe somebody caught their house on fire in Oakland, or blew up a trailer in Alabama, or another murder in Houston. Or SOMETHING. anything!

bosco said:
The whole world doesn't begin and end in New York. Maybe somebody caught their house on fire in Oakland, or blew up a trailer in Alabama, or another murder in Houston. Or SOMETHING. anything!

There are many things that go into selecting a TV news story such as:
1. How close is it to the USA & NYC?
2. Are there pictures

When it comes to potential terrorist acts - no one wants to miss the story.

New organization are very proud and hype getting the story first on air.

There aren't really a lot of brains behind the news. It is great for people with ADD.

I worked in a news organization at one time.

Back
Top Bottom