NFL: 2015 Season

He probably read Bill O'Brien's book "how ruin a team" in one season.

I agree the team is a mess and I was wrong about Bill O'Brien. I thought coming from the Belichick tree he would have better control of his team but Ryan Mallett missing the team's flight to Miami because he was caught in traffic also missing practice earlier in the year because he overslept:confused: Mallett would have been severely disciplined in NE for the first offense and released after the second. Let's see how O'Brien handles this.

Rex Ryan is the worst football coach in history. In less than half a season, how do you take one of the best defenses in the NFL and ruin it to the point that you give up 34 points to Jacksonville?

No argument here... he has a storied history of failure.... talks a good game and not at all lacking in confidence... but unable to deliver the goods. Jets missed the post season in the last 4 years.. there is a reason for that and its not personnel.

Well we still have 5 undefeated teams in the NFL and it's nearing mid season. I have the opportunity to get in on an undefeated pool and I think I'm going to "jump in":LOL:. Undefeated will mean all regular and post season games including the SB. If none make it all the way, the pool will be "deflated". (I suspect they may ask Tom B for some help to deflate the pool, if needed):LOL:

I'd like to see the Broncos go all the way, but I feel more comfortable at this time with picking the Packers or the Patriots. Of course the Bengals and Panthers are contenders too. Probably none of them will make it but who knows.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Broncos go all the way, but I feel more comfortable at this time with picking the Packers or the Patriots. Of course the Bengals and Panthers are contenders too. Probably none of them will make it but who knows.

How about the undefeated Packers vs the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl? The '72 Dolphins would all have to be put on suicide watch.

No argument here... he has a storied history of failure.... talks a good game and not at all lacking in confidence... but unable to deliver the goods. Jets missed the post season in the last 4 years.. there is a reason for that and its not personnel.

And suddenly the Jets are 4-2 without Ryan. He instantly ruined one team with tons of potential and the team he left in shambles instantly looks like a possible playoff team.

Just look at the defenses. Hes a defensive coach.

Jets went from 6th in defense last year with Ryan to 3rd so far this year without him
Bills went from 4th last year without him to 16th this year with him.

I agree the team is a mess and I was wrong about Bill O'Brien. I thought coming from the Belichick tree he would have better control of his team but Ryan Mallett missing the team's flight to Miami because he was caught in traffic also missing practice earlier in the year because he overslept:confused: Mallett would have been severely disciplined in NE for the first offense and released after the second. Let's see how O'Brien handles this.

He cut Mallett outright.

Compare that to how the Cowboys handle their problems...like Hardy. They want to extend his contract. Reason like this are why teams like the Pats, Steelers and Broncos always win and teams like Cleveland, Oakland and Dallas always lose. Dallas won 20 years ago before Jerry Jones ruined them, but you know what I mean.

And suddenly the Jets are 4-2 without Ryan. He instantly ruined one team with tons of potential and the team he left in shambles instantly looks like a possible playoff team.

Just look at the defenses. Hes a defensive coach.

Jets went from 6th in defense last year with Ryan to 3rd so far this year without him
Bills went from 4th last year without him to 16th this year with him.

Cool... we found something we can agree on... that's progress!
Though adding Revis was a big help to the Jets defense.

Green Bay will likely beat both Denver and Carolina in the next 2 weeks so the number of undefeated teams will be going down soon.

No way Denver is going undefeated. The offense is too impotent.

GB, Pats and Carolina each seem to be real possibilities to me.

And....we agree again.

Although, the odds of anyone going undefeated are minuscule. Its just too tough to play 100% all season and a lot of teams are very evenly matched. One slip up and any team can lose to a lesser team. Pittsburgh beats Arizona one week and then loses to 1-5 KC the next. It happens all the time.

True, "real possibilities" may have been too strong and I think the likelihood is probably 2% or less but it would be fun to see it happen again.

I think it wouldve happened again but the Colts decided to bench Manning the last 2 games to rest him for the playoffs....then they lost in the playoffs anyway. That was one of the stupidest football decisions in a long time.

LOL...I said ONE of the stupidest. We all know what THE stupidest decision was.

LOL...I said ONE of the stupidest. We all know what THE stupidest decision was.

Not the significance of the Super Bowl game, but the 1978 "Miracle at the Meadowlands" was the stupidest decision of all time. They were rolling the credits on screen as the game "was over"....And then it wasnt...

http://youtu.be/xlmUw2zcc8Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, "real possibilities" may have been too strong and I think the likelihood is probably 2% or less but it would be fun to see it happen again.
I hope GB and Carolina go undefeated, though they play each other Nov 8th so can't happen.

I can't relive the Patriots 2007-08 19-1 season ending again - much too painful. :blush:

Going to work the next morning was really hard to take. Most people tried to be diplomatic, but they couldn't do it without grinning, and I couldn't blame them...

Last edited:

Seriously doubt it will happen but it would be great to see, again. IMO, if someone did it "these days", (win all regular and post season games and SB) I think they would have to be given the undefeated pro football crown since they would need to win 2 more games than Miami did in 72 to accomplish the feat.

Last edited:
Seriously doubt it will happen but it would be great to see, again. IMO, if someone did it "these days", (win all regular and post season games and SB) I think they would have to be given the undefeated pro football crown since they would need to win 2 more games than Miami did in 72 to accomplish the feat.
I get sick of theose guys on the '72 Dolphins always talking it up and celebrating when there are no undefeateds left. I want someone to do it while many of them are still alive to see it, but please, Lord, do NOT let it be the Brady-Belichick Patriots. Pretty please?

This is not a Patriot hater post, I promise.

I've watched a good portion of most of their games and they dont look all that unbeatable to me. The defense is avg. The offense seems to be unstoppable based on the fact that nobody has stopped them :)...but its like they run 4 plays over and over and I cant understand why teams cant stop that. It must just be the execution is flawless. Brady throws less than 5 yards almost all the time and then mixes in 4-5 throws to Gronk 15 yards down field, but nobody can stop it. Hes just too accurate I guess. I will say that Dion Lewis has made a huge impact.

This is not a Patriot hater post, I promise.

I've watched a good portion of most of their games and they dont look all that unbeatable to me. The defense is avg. The offense seems to be unstoppable based on the fact that nobody has stopped them :)...but its like they run 4 plays over and over and I cant understand why teams cant stop that. It must just be the execution is flawless. Brady throws less than 5 yards almost all the time and then mixes in 4-5 throws to Gronk 15 yards down field, but nobody can stop it. Hes just too accurate I guess. I will say that Dion Lewis has made a huge impact.
This may surprise you, but they certainly don't look unbeatable to me either, and I'm a Pats fan. They've looked great is some games, not so much in other games. They were lucky to beat the Steelers in game one. Their defense runs hot and cold, and they throw too often in some games instead of mixing it up (not sure how they get away with it frankly) - I'm surprised Brady doesn't get picked more when they call pass after pass, with the tiny 'windows' Brady throws into sometimes. And if something happens to Edelman and/or Gronk...

I know the Pats secret weapon like most Pats fans, but we can't tell you, and you don't hear the talking heads mention it very often either. Nothing that anyone could do to stop it anyway though...

Last edited:
As a Pats fan I hope they don't go undefeated. I'll take a 14-2 regular season record and an another SB ring. The undefeated season in 2007 took so much out of them physically and mentally that after dominating in the regular season they were not as dominant in the playoffs and lost the SB. I see them possibly losing in Denver and at the Jets.

I think the PATS look better than GB. They seem unstoppable on offense with the second most yards of any team so far this year--GB is 23rd in offense. Both teams have inconsistent defenses. The season isn't even half over but it seems like NE has to be the favorite to win it all right now.

I think the PATS look better than GB. They seem unstoppable on offense with the second most yards of any team so far this year--GB is 23rd in offense. Both teams have inconsistent defenses. The season isn't even half over but it seems like NE has to be the favorite to win it all right now.
Even though I'm a Pats and Brady fan, if I had to choose between Brady and Rodgers, I'd take Rodgers. But QB's aren't the whole story, so I hope you're right. :D

Even though I'm a Pats and Brady fan, if I had to choose between Brady and Rodgers, I'd take Rodgers. But QB's aren't the whole story, so I hope you're right. :D

Up until a couple years ago i'd take Manning over any other quarterback but now I would also take Rodgers. Rodgers and Brady are the best two and are very equal except that Rodgers can run quite well if needed and Brady can't.

Back
Top Bottom