NFL: 2015 Season

I'll offer up a next topic. What's the likelihood of two undefeated teams reaching the Super Bowl? Two teams that come to mind (among the undefeated) are the Pats and Packers. (They don't play against each other in the regular season).

As much as I would love to see the Packers go undefeated I don't even think they'll make it thru the next two weeks undefeated. They play the undefeated Broncos in Denver then the undefeated Panthers in Carolina. Very unlikely they win both those games.

You are obviously a Patriots fan and you even though you haven't said the Pats recovered the ball, you've refused to acknowledge that Moncrief recovered it. You are playing word games. Im sure you've already watched the video I posted. You just want to get the last word and be right.

What is the big deal about acknowledging that your team got a lucky call? There are bad calls in every game and every team is on both sides of them at some point.

So let's see. You accuse me of being biased when I didn't post a view on the call... I call you out on it and now I'm playing word games. Yeah.....right.......

When I watched it last night I thought it was a questionable call. It wasn't well explained and they botched the call by announcing that it was Colt's ball when they meant Patriots ball. At the time it seemed inconclusive.

After watching it again today I would have thought that the video evidence was sufficient to reverse the ruling on the field.

To me the bigger question is why in the world would Pagano attempt an onside kick when he is leading 14-10 and (at the time) they seemed to be playing the Patriots pretty even. Stupid.

Last edited:
As much as I would love to see the Packers go undefeated I don't even think they'll make it thru the next two weeks undefeated. They play the undefeated Broncos in Denver then the undefeated Panthers in Carolina. Very unlikely they win both those games.

I think GB will have their way with Denver but I am looking forward to the Carolina match... that should be a good game.

I am a Pats fan, and while watching DW and I both said it looked like the Pats might have gotten a gift on that call. But we rarely assume we know better than the refs, and we recognize they may not get all the views the audience may get, refs are human. Part of all sports, arguing about it makes zero difference.

You've made your views perfectly clear, as have others, next topic?

Sports fans have always argued about sports and they always will. Its half the fun of watching. Its nice to see someone admit their team got a break. Refs make bad calls sometimes so, by definition, one team is getting a break. I did say at the very beginning that the refs probably didn't get that view since they only showed it on TV at the last second. It only became a big deal because some of the Pats fans here want to argue anytime I say anything that is even remotely negative about their team....and this wasn't even negative. It was just lucky.

I'll offer up a next topic. What's the likelihood of two undefeated teams reaching the Super Bowl? Two teams that come to mind (among the undefeated) are the Pats and Packers. (They don't play against each other in the regular season).

Since only 1 team has ever gone 16-0 I would say the odds are of 2 teams doing it in the same year are astronomical. There's no way Denver will do it. That's for sure. I cant see anyone besides NE or GB even having the slightest chance of doing it.

So let's see. You accuse me of being biased when I didn't post a view on the call... I call you out on it and now I'm playing word games. Yeah.....right.......

When I watched it last night I thought it was a questionable call. It wasn't well explained and they botched the call by announcing that it was Colt's ball when they meant Patriots ball. At the time it seemed inconclusive.

After watching it again today I would have thought that the video evidence was sufficient to reverse the ruling on the field.

To me the bigger question is why in the world would Pagano attempt an onside kick when he is leading 14-10 and (at the time) they seemed to be playing the Patriots pretty even. Stupid.

So after going back and forth several times arguing with me, you now admit I was right. All I said was it was a bad call and should've been the Colts ball. How does that start a big argument?

Personally, I root for the Texans but I wouldn't pay the price of a ticket to see them play in person. Sometimes (usually) it's tough enough just to watch them on TV. I suspect there are a lot of folks in Jacksonville that feel the same way about the Jaguars.

If you love watching the Texans offense run plays, this is the year you have been waiting for. They are #1 in the league averaging almost 76 plays a game. #2 Chargers is a distant second at 70 plays per game. Of course half those plays are clock stopping incomplete passes. :)Texans surely are leading the league in true length of time played. Several times the afternoon games were approaching halftime before their noon game was completed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you love watching the Texans offense run plays, this is the year you have been waiting for. They are #1 in the league averaging almost 76 plays a game. #2 Chargers is a distant second at 70 plays per game. Of course half those plays are clock stopping incomplete passes. :)Texans surely are leading the league in true length of time played. Several times the afternoon games were approaching halftime before their noon game was completed.

Well at least they lead at something.:facepalm:

So after going back and forth several times arguing with me, you now admit I was right. All I said was it was a bad call and should've been the Colts ball. How does that start a big argument?

If you had said it was a bad call and should've been the Colts ball I would have agreed with you. But you said:

The Colts got screwed on the onside kick. It was clearly recovered by Moncrief of the Colts. The fake punt was the stupidest play Ive ever seen. I cant imagine any scenario where that would work.

If it was "clearly recovered" by the Colts as you said then the refs would have reversed the call when they reviewed the video. I guess it wasn't that clear then (at least to someone who is unbiased).

It is interesting that there is virtually nothing in the news on this bad call.... Even the Indianapolis sports writers are calm about it:

...Yeah, Pat McAfee was terrific as usual, and it looked to me like Donte Moncrief recovered his pooch kick, but that's neither here nor there.

Now I'm sure you'll have some come-back that I'm just playing "word games" or something like that.. but words are important.... :D

Last edited:
I watched the first half of the Giants/Eagles game last night and could not continue watching the bad football played by both teams with interceptions, fumbles and penalties. Is it me or is the level of professional football have deteriorated this year?

In the past it was customary to find a high level of football in most games and a few stinkers along the way. For a league that wants parity I find a big gap between the upper echelons of the league like the Pats, Packers, Broncos, Cincinnati (we need to wait for them to win a playoff game before ranking them among the upper echelons) Panthers, Steelers (when they get Roethlisberger back) and the rest of the teams.

Last edited:
Sports fans have always argued about sports and they always will. Its half the fun of watching. Its nice to see someone admit their team got a break. Refs make bad calls sometimes so, by definition, one team is getting a break. I did say at the very beginning that the refs probably didn't get that view since they only showed it on TV at the last second. It only became a big deal because some of the Pats fans here want to argue anytime I say anything that is even remotely negative about their team....and this wasn't even negative. It was just lucky.
I didn't, but as long as you feel better about yourself...

Although you can never say impossible but the likelihood of both teams going undefeated is extremely small. Since modern football only two teams have gone undefeated the 1972 Dolphins and the 2007 patriots and we all know how their season ended with the loss to the Giants in the SB (I have yet to recover from that loss).

I wish the Patriots lose a couple of games because I recall the players back then saying how much an undefeated season took out of them and they were mentally exhausted in the playoffs.

If you had said it was a bad call and should've been the Colts ball I would have agreed with you. But you said:

If it was "clearly recovered" by the Colts as you said then the refs would have reversed the call when they reviewed the video. I guess it wasn't that clear then (at least to someone who is unbiased).

It is interesting that there is virtually nothing in the news on this bad call.... Even the Indianapolis sports writers are calm about it:

Now I'm sure you'll have some come-back that I'm just playing "word games" or something like that.. but words are important.... :D

I dont believe that the refs saw that last replay. It was only shown at the last second AFTER they had already made their call. It was clearly recovered by Moncrief and I believe the refs wouldve agreed if they had seen it. There was virtually nothing on the news about it because it wasnt a dramatically huge play at the end of a game. Bad calls are made all game long favoring both teams and this was just another one of them. Normally only the ones at the very end of a game are remembered by anyone. Now, if you watched some of the sports shows on ESPN where they break each game down in detail, then it WAS discussed. I wasnt even trying to make a big deal out of it at all. Someone else brought it up, not me. Someone said it was a terrible call by Pagano. I actually think it was a good call.

When youre playing a team that is better than you, you will lose most of the time. You have to do something to give you an unexpected advantage. Surprise inside kicks get recovered by the kicking team something like 50% of the time. If they had kicked off normally, NE gets the ball around the 20-25 yard line. With this kick, the ball settled around the 40 yard line. If NE recovers, the Colts only lose 15-20 yards from where the ball wouldve been. But if the Colts recover it could be a game changing play. The Colts get an extra possession AND that possession starts in NE territory. The risk / reward is pretty good and it worked. The refs just apparently didnt see the right replay.

That is my truly unbiased view of the play. I wanted the Colts to win for obvious reasons, but I still watch the games with an unbiased view. You wont hear me saying NE sucks just because I hate them. You wont find me betting against them just because I want them to lose so I have some clouded view of them stinking. I'm not stupid.

I watched the first half of the Giants/Eagles game last night and could not continue watching the bad football played by both teams with interceptions, fumbles and penalties. Is it me or is the level of professional football have deteriorated this year?

In the past it was customary to find a high level of football in most games and a few stinkers along the way. For a league that wants parity I find a big gap between the upper echelons of the league like the Pats, Packers, Broncos, Cincinnati (we need to wait for them to win a playoff game before ranking them among the upper echelons) Panthers, Steelers (when they get Roethlisberger back) and the rest of the teams.

Having an 8.5 over season win total bet on Panthers, I watch them weekly. They may well wind up being an elite team. Defense is very solid and Cam Newton is a warrior. That being said, the last 2 drives of last weeks game notwithstanding, their offense can at times be as painful to watch as the Texans.

I am a Pats fan, and while watching DW and I both said it looked like the Pats might have gotten a gift on that call. But we rarely assume we know better than the refs, and we recognize they may not get all the views the audience may get, refs are human. Part of all sports, arguing about it makes zero difference.

You've made your views perfectly clear, as have others, next topic?

You saw every angle of the replay. You said it looked like they got a gift. Now you say they didnt get a break. You just want to argue obviously. The refs got to see a certain number of replays and we dont know which ones and they only have a very short time to make up their minds. They make mistakes every single game and this was obviously one of them. Several times a year their mistakes are so big that the NFL has to issue a statement and / or punish the refs....but No...there's no way one of those mistakes couldve possibly helped your dear Patriots right?

And BTW....dont tell me when to move on to the next topic. Youre not my father. I will talk about any topic I see fit. If you dont want to read it, feel free to ignore me. I will be doing the same from now on.

Yes Im stubborn, but it irks me to have several Pats fans (who I wasnt even talking to originally) get all bent out of shape and try to twist every word I say just because I said the Pats got a lucky break. You both agree they got a lucky break. You just want to play games with my words. Why not just say "Phew...that was close on that play"...and move on? Does that make it feel like the Pats accomplishments aren't as great or something? I dont get it

And BTW....dont tell me when to move on to the next topic. Youre not my father. I will talk about any topic I see fit. If you dont want to read it, feel free to ignore me. I will be doing the same from now on.
Just a friendly suggestion once you've already made your POV clear, especially the Pats bashing. But it's your right to repeat your POV over and over and over if you want, since you know better than the league, the officials, the commentators, other fans and anyone else. If we see things differently I can live with that no problem. Can you?

Last edited:
I'm rethinking this... you never know when to let things go.... perhaps stubborn is a better description.

+1.

There is a point in time when people have to move on instead of keep trying to defend their position. That's why I will refrain from arguing with him because I know he wants to have the last word.......

BTW we don't hear him defend his pick back in May of the Bills winning the AFC east because they added so much talent and the Patriots lost so many players. To me it's prudent to wait for the start of the season before making predictions and try to defend them vigorously.

Here we go again. I dont know better.
The commentators said the ball shouldve gone to the Colts after they saw that last replay.
The analysts on ESPN that pick apart every game said the ball should gone to the Colts.
Other fans talking on Twitter and other places said the ball shouldve gone to the Colts.

You said the Pats got a gift. Pb4uski said he agrees after seeing the final replay the Pats got a break (or whatever other words he used). You just cant stand that I hate the Pats so you continue with this nonsense of trying to make me wrong somehow about ho shouldve had the ball, even though Ive said the Pats are better than the Colts and that this play probably didnt matter to the outcome of the game.

The Pats are playing better than any other team in the league right now. What else do you want me to say? They still got lucky on that play

Last edited:
Yes, they did get lucky on that play but one bad call does not equate to the Colts being "screwed" as you claimed... like you said... bad calls happen all the time and this one did not decide the game ... they later screwed themselves with that screwball fake punt.

I don't see a lot of posters jumping to your defense... so maybe it is you... ever think of that?

I also already said that I shouldnt have used the word "screwed" since mistakes are made all the time. I also said more than once that this wasnt a game changing play.

Go ahead and have whatever last word you want and lets move on please.

Back
Top Bottom