NFL: 2015 Season

How about this: Pittsburgh traded for CB Brandon Boykin during the preseason. He was rated the number 1 slot CB in the league. He hasnt played a single game. The defensive coordinator was asked why last week. He said the pass defense is just too good to fit him in. The Steeler pass defense was ranked 28th out of 32 teams BEFORE this last game where Russell Wilson threw for 5 TDs. WTF?

I know its kind of narcissistic to quote yourself but Boykin got his first start of the season last night and suddenly the pass defense was good. Boykin also got an INT. Hmmmm.....

I felt bad for Atlanta so I didnt say anything last week when they lost again, but when they lost yet again this week I couldn't help myself. They've gone from 5-0 to 6-7. Anyone still think they are a top 10 team in the power rankings?

Don't look now but KC has won 7 in a row and is 8-5.

13-0 Carolina has only played 2 teams that are above .500

8-5 Pittsburgh is the only team in the NFL who has beaten 2 teams with at least 10 wins (they've played 6 teams that are above .500 and they play another one this coming week). Scheduling and injuries are everything in the NFL.

Last edited:
Another bad day for the Texas teams yesterday. Of course getting beat by the Packers and Patriots isn't too surprising especially when both Texas teams are playing with 2 or 3rd string QB's and the Packers and Patriots are playing with their starting world class QB's. Add to that JJ Watt was playing with broken hand. I actually had "some" hope for Houston until late in the 2nd quarter.

Another bad day for the Texas teams yesterday. Of course getting beat by the Packers and Patriots isn't too surprising especially when both Texas teams are playing with 2 or 3rd string QB's and the Packers and Patriots are playing with their starting world class QB's. Add to that JJ Watt was playing with broken hand. I actually had "some" hope for Houston until late in the 2nd quarter.

Yep, both teams now going down in flames.... Dallas is probably out now, Texans next week...

I wouldnt give up on Houston yet. If they beat Indy this week they are in the drivers seat for the division title. Houston's last 2 games are against Jacksonville and Tennessee. Two fairly easy games. Indy has lost by a total of 96-26 the last two weeks so Houston beating them isnt much of a stretch. Houston has a good chance to finish 9-7 and win the division.

Dallas doesn't need to make the playoffs, even if hell freezes over and they do "make" it. They're not going past round one anyway. Better to get a decent draft pick! Maybe they can use it to draft [-]another convicted felon[/-] the QB of the future...

Last edited:
I wouldnt give up on Houston yet. If they beat Indy this week they are in the drivers seat for the division title. Houston's last 2 games are against Jacksonville and Tennessee. Two fairly easy games. Indy has lost by a total of 96-26 the last two weeks so Houston beating them isnt much of a stretch. Houston has a good chance to finish 9-7 and win the division.

If yesterday is any indication, Houston fans should be more worried about the Jaguars than the Colts. The Jaguars thumping of the Colts yesterday was a huge surprise to me.

Last edited:
If yesterday is any indication, Houston fans should be more worried about the Jaguars than the Colts. The jaguars thumping of the Colts yesterday was a huge surprise to me.

If Luck cant be ready this week, Texans may catch a huge break with Clipboard Jesus bumbling under center. 8-8 may do it for Texans if one of those wins is Indy sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the impressive thing is that they have done it without an offense to speak of, at least since Jamaal Charles went down.

Here's the amazing thing. The Chiefs were 1-4 with Jamal Charles and are 7-1 without him. They averaged 23.4 points with him and 26.8 without him. The main thing is their defense is really good and they are 2nd in the league in turnover ratio.

I know... but I am going by history.... Houston has a way of blowing things... have not yet looked at injuries, but they need to be healthy and I do not think they will be...

At the beginning of the season, I would have lost a bet if they go 8-8... I had them only winning 5 games... so I am already wrong....

I know... but I am going by history.... Houston has a way of blowing things... have not yet looked at injuries, but they need to be healthy and I do not think they will be...

At the beginning of the season, I would have lost a bet if they go 8-8... I had them only winning 5 games... so I am already wrong....
As a Pats fan, I am glad they won, and broke their 'losing streak.' Both teams showed great defense (the Pats D can be erratic), though Watts didn't seem to have his normal great game. The Pats only won because their offense was clicking again last night compared to the Texans, and that last Texans>Pats turnover was a killer, it could have been a lot closer.

Here's the amazing thing. The Chiefs were 1-4 with Jamal Charles and are 7-1 without him. They averaged 23.4 points with him and 26.8 without him. The main thing is their defense is really good and they are 2nd in the league in turnover ratio.

Let me rephrase, then. The Chiefs haven't had an offense that was entertaining to watch since Charles went down.

And I know you think the Panthers streak is due to an easy schedule, and it may be partially. But they look good on offense, and great on defense. I don't think they'll go undefeated, but I think they could go all the way. Steelers and Seahawks would be the stumbling blocks. They're both peaking at the right time. The Pats are just too beat up, unless they get really lucky, which they have been known to do. The Packers are also just too inconsistent.

Let me rephrase, then. The Chiefs haven't had an offense that was entertaining to watch since Charles went down.

And I know you think the Panthers streak is due to an easy schedule, and it may be partially. But they look good on offense, and great on defense. I don't think they'll go undefeated, but I think they could go all the way. Steelers and Seahawks would be the stumbling blocks. They're both peaking at the right time. The Pats are just too beat up, unless they get really lucky, which they have been known to do. The Packers are also just too inconsistent.

I know enough to know that I know nothing....But for anyone to dismiss Panthers making it to Super Bowl could be making a mistake. They have all the tools with stifling defense and grind it out offense that can make a few key plays. Plus it now looks like the football isn't bouncing off the wide receivers hands and helmets like they were earlier in the year. They only have to win 2 home games to make it.

The Pats are just too beat up, unless they get really lucky, which they have been known to do.

Luck has nothing to do with it. Most of their injured players will be back for the playoffs and with Denver and Cincy losing yesterday they're back as the number #1 seed in the AFC. They're pretty tough to beat when they're at full strength. They will be representing the AFC in the SB and wouldn't surprise me to see a rematch of last year's SB.

Last edited:
Don't look now but KC has won 7 in a row and is 8-5.

13-0 Carolina has only played 2 teams that are above .500

Well, the Chiefs are the anti-Falcons. It's like they swapped jerseys some time in October.

If yesterday is any indication, Houston fans should be more worried about the Jaguars than the Colts. The Jaguars thumping of the Colts yesterday was a huge surprise to me.

The Jags have been playing pretty good football over the last 4-5 weeks. Definitely no gimme for anyone lately. If they keep it up, they may still be alive in that dumpster fire of a division where only the Titans are out of it. 8-8 can win that one, and 7-9 isn't out of the question, especially while the Colts are "out of Luck".

And the impressive thing is that they have done it without an offense to speak of, at least since Jamaal Charles went down.

KC fans should assume "Jamaal Charles went down" as a given, like Bulls fans with Derrick Rose. When is Jamaal Charles *not* injured?

Last edited:
Luck has nothing to do with it. Most of their injured players will be back for the playoffs and with Denver and Cincy losing yesterday they're back as the number #1 seed in the AFC. They're pretty tough to beat when they're at full strength. They will be representing the AFC in the SB and wouldn't surprise me to see a rematch of last year's SB.

Cool! Since you can see the future, where's the S&P going to be in a year? Should I buy or short?

Personally, I think the Steelers have at least as good a chance as the Pats. Not that I like either team. But the Steelers offense looks pretty dominant. Their defense is meh, but the Patriot's isn't great either. I'd have said the Bengals had a good shot, but not with Dalton and possibly Eifert gone. And for that matter, Denver has a chance of shutting down any of these offenses and winning even with their offense. I can't make a call in the AFC at this point.

Having said that, a rematch of last year isn't out the question either. although I certainly wouldn't bet on the same outcome.

The Chiefs offense is very meat and potatoes, thats for sure.

The Panthers streak is definitely partially due to having an easy schedule. Its also partially due to having no major injuries. That doesn't mean I don't think they are very good though. Most teams lose a game or 2 to teams they shouldn't lose to and the Panthers havent done that. They have been consistently very good with no major hiccups. Cam Newton will probably win the MVP. Their defense is damned good. Their running game is damned good. But like I said, if they had played 6 teams above .500, they would probably be closer to 11-2 not 13-0.

Im just saying they are a 13-3 quality team. Not a 16-0 power house team even if they win all 16 games.

Also, way way back in this thread I said of all the "non obvious" teams, I would pick KC to win the AFC title. Then they went 1-5 and I looked like a moron. Now, not so much.

Or Brady could break his thumb like Dalton or have someone take out his knee like Big Ben or lacerate his spleen like Luck or break his collar bone like Romo. I keep saying injuries is the main factor in determining which of the good teams goes all the way.

A lot of that IS luck.

Personally, I think the Steelers have at least as good a chance as the Pats. Not that I like either team. But the Steelers offense looks pretty dominant. Their defense is meh, but the Patriot's isn't great either. I'd have said the Bengals had a good shot, but not with Dalton and possibly Eifert gone. And for that matter, Denver has a chance of shutting down any of these offenses and winning even with their offense. I can't make a call in the AFC at this point

The Steelers offense is dominant but the Pats offense with all its weapons is as good if not better. The Steelers are ranked 5th in points scored and the Pats 3rd. But to say the Pats defense isn't great is misleading they're ranked 6th in yards allowed to 23rd for the Steelers. Also the Steelers are not guaranteed to make the playoffs since they're behind the Chiefs and Jets who are currently the two AFC wild card teams.

BTW Vegas' odds makers still have the Pats and the Panthers equally favorite to win the SB with the Seahawks 3rd.

Last edited:
Cam Newton will probably win the MVP.

Really? I don't think there's anyway to justify putting him higher than 3rd and could be down to 6th in voting. I'm not a Brady fan but as of now, he's the obvious MVP choice. Palmer in second, Russell, Rodgers, and Dalton in 3rd-5th in any order. Newton could end up 2nd if he doesn't throw any more INTs.

The Chiefs offense is very meat and potatoes, thats for sure.

The Panthers streak is definitely partially due to having an easy schedule. Its also partially due to having no major injuries. That doesn't mean I don't think they are very good though. Most teams lose a game or 2 to teams they shouldn't lose to and the Panthers havent done that. They have been consistently very good with no major hiccups. Cam Newton will probably win the MVP. Their defense is damned good. Their running game is damned good. But like I said, if they had played 6 teams above .500, they would probably be closer to 11-2 not 13-0.

Im just saying they are a 13-3 quality team. Not a 16-0 power house team even if they win all 16 games.

Some people may not realize the 14-0 '72 Dolphins opponents had an abysmal .397 winning percentage and only beat two teams that finished with winning records. And both of them were 8-6. Sometimes you catch a break with the scheduling Gods. But, they did have to go on the road in AFC championship game to beat Steelers to get to the Super Bowl.

Really? I don't think there's anyway to justify putting him higher than 3rd and could be down to 6th in voting. I'm not a Brady fan but as of now, he's the obvious MVP choice. Palmer in second, Russell, Rodgers, and Dalton in 3rd-5th in any order. Newton could end up 2nd if he doesn't throw any more INTs.

I'd go Palmer, Wilson, Newton, then Brady. Rodgers just has been too inconsistent to make it. JMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom