NFL: 2019 Season

joeea, sorry to hear this... enjoy the time as much as you can. might be a good time to blow some dough and take in a home game together at Gillette if your dad is up to it.

Thanks. No, dad isn't up to it any longer.
But we've always enjoyed watching the daytime games on his big tv. He cant stay awake for the night games. It's been fun.

Patriots Day this year is February 2, 2020.

P.S. The rest of the world knows it as Super Bowl Sunday. :LOL:
Will be interesting to see if they can make it since The Gronk ER'd.

The Bears are who we thought they were. Pass the ball side to side, pass and pass some more playing from behind.
They deserved all the boos showering down during the game. Their offense approached the game like it was their first preseason game.

I know what I won't be spending my time doing on Sundays :(.
That was a tough game to watch.

Boy, I guess. An offensive struggle. I like the comment that the punters were going to need an ice bath after the game. Bears looked dismal and the Pack didn't look much better.

The pre-season is a testing ground for new players to see who will remain on the roster after the cuts. It has very little to do with win/loss records, but does show how deep a team's bench is, which can make a big difference down the stretch in a long season.

I was under the illusion that the Bears actually had a chance to win. But now realize that I forgot their coach coaches to try and come from behind instead of trying to take a lead.

I've never seen a coach that hates to run the ball as much.

Plus, don't get me started about the side to side passes all game until desperation time. Even worse, that isn't a one time thing but his offensive game plan time and time again :facepalm:.

I always questioned Rodgers ever since his voice completely went high pitch after a quick in-game visit to the locker room...he came back "Knee's feeling great!" Really? Is it? Cuz it sounds like you inhaled an entire tank of helium, they gave you the good stuff Aaron.

I'm looking forward to the regular season starting. I hate preseason games. I just can't get into them. Unfortunately for me I'll be deployed with the army for nearly the entire regular season, so in addition to taking a 50% pay cut while I'm gone, I don't know if I'll be able to catch any games. Bummer.

Thank you for your service!!!! And stay safe.

I've never seen a coach that hates to run the ball as much.

Plus, don't get me started about the side to side passes all game until desperation time. Even worse, that isn't a one time thing but his offensive game plan time and time again :facepalm:.

Ain't that the truth. The Bears run game seemed to have some good legs but they kept abandoning it to try to get the ball downfield. If your run game is working, run it, run it again, run it again. Make the other team sell out to stop the run, then drop a pass off between the line and the safeties to pick up those passing yards you are looking for. An offense that can run the ball, can keep defenses on the field and wear them out. By Q4 you move the ball at will.

Ain't that the truth. The Bears run game seemed to have some good legs but they kept abandoning it to try to get the ball downfield. If your run game is working, run it, run it again, run it again. Make the other team sell out to stop the run, then drop a pass off between the line and the safeties to pick up those passing yards you are looking for. An offense that can run the ball, can keep defenses on the field and wear them out. By Q4 you move the ball at will.

During the drive when the Bears were trying to tie the game, I don't think they had a single run play. That's with 3 timeouts in the pocket. Some of the Packers were at a standing position at the line defending knowing the Bears weren't going to run.

Nagy's bad play calling paints the Bears in a corner game in and game out. They don't run, and don't have a vertical passing game until trying to to catch up. Otherwise, mainly they just make short passes to the sides hoping someone will break a tackle. Totally one dimensional and predictable.

Narrow minded play calling and inept offense wasted a great game on defense.

I am not going to comment on last night's game. I'm saving up my words for the outcome of the Texas's game Monday night.

Last night's game was hard to watch unless you were a diehard. The Packers stole one on the road.

I think the play in the NFL has gone down since the last bargaining agreement. Less padded practices, little off season work.

Nobody plays the stars in preseason so the first few games are what the old preseason used to be.

I think the MVP of last night's game is the punter for the Packers. He pinned the Bears in bad field position again and again. Rodgers had a rough game but did enough with that one big pass and strung some completions in a row for the leading TD.

I pin the blame of the loss mostly on Nagy with his inflexible play calling. Seems like he's learning nothing from the same bad play calling last year. After one game I'm already kinda hoping the Bears go 0-5 and time for a regime change.

Overall, the Bears defense looked great but Khalil Mack had very little impact on last night's game.

I am not going to comment on last night's game. I'm saving up my words for the outcome of the Texas's game Monday night.
I think using the type of "words" that will likely be generated from this coming Monday night game between the Texans and Saints, might just get you banned from this forum.

Last edited:
Anyone surprised that Antonio Brown didn't stick in Oakland?

Anyone surprised that Antonio Brown didn't stick in Oakland?

With his attitude it doesn't matter how good he is on the field, he is poison. No team should sign him again.

With his attitude it doesn't matter how good he is on the field, he is poison. No team should sign him again.

Yup. But there's a difference between should and will.

Lot of folks speculating that the Patriots will pick him up. While the Pats could do it, it would have to be on their terms, not his. He would have to settle for a prove-it contract and subjugate his ego for a year. I just don't see him willing to do that.

Maybe some attention-starved franchise will shower him with love and money and hope to get lucky. It only takes one.

Yup. But there's a difference between should and will.

Lot of folks speculating that the Patriots will pick him up. While the Pats could do it, it would have to be on their terms, not his. He would have to settle for a prove-it contract and subjugate his ego for a year. I just don't see him willing to do that.

Maybe some attention-starved franchise will shower him with love and money and hope to get lucky. It only takes one.

Yeah, some team will likely be desperate enough to tolerate his off field stuff as long as be performs on the field. I wouldn't hire him for anything but someone probably will.

Yeah, some team will likely be desperate enough to tolerate his off field stuff as long as be performs on the field. I wouldn't hire him for anything but someone probably will.

+1
I wouldn't hire him run a weed eater. Guy has talent but he needs a big attitude adjustment.

I say Cincinnati, Baltimore or New England. All three have signed malcontents with reasonable success. He has to play this week to get "guaranteed" money, so I suspect he'll sign a lucrative 1 or 2 year next week.

Well that didn't take long!

Too bad he can't play this week against the Steelers. I guess he can use the week off to start learning the Patriot Way.

It would be nice to see him around for the log term, but I'm not holding my breath. With the Pats, it's almost certainly one strike and he's out.

While the Pats could do it, it would have to be on their terms, not his. He would have to settle for a prove-it contract and subjugate his ego for a year.

I'm not sure if this is a prove it contract - "New England is giving Brown a one-year deal worth up to $15 million, Rosenhaus said. It includes a $9 million signing bonus, $10 million guaranteed and $5 million in incentives."

Talent wise the Pats now have the best receiving corps in the NFL. Gordon, Brown, Edelman and Thomas. Character wise a very suspect one.

Time will tell whether this will turn into a Randy Moss/Corey Dillon type of signing or an Ocho Cinco/Adelius Thomas.

As a Pats fan I'm not too crazy about this acquisition especially when they're given him money upfront.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom