Baseball 2019

You can throw a parade in LA all you want. The title remains in Houston. But I think their punishment is pretty severe....as it should have been. Wonder if Darvish will ever really recover from that series? I think Hinch is a great manager, but wonder if he will ever coach again? Cheating, at least in this case, has consequences.

You can throw a parade in LA all you want. The title remains in Houston. But I think their punishment is pretty severe....as it should have been. Wonder if Darvish will ever really recover from that series? I think Hinch is a great manager, but wonder if he will ever coach again? Cheating, at least in this case, has consequences.

With Hinch gone and Cole off to NY, and the other trades coming, the team is probably going to be back to it's losing ways. Verlander is in the twilight of his career as is Greinke. Not going to be a good year with a fresh start and new manager. Ugh!

You can throw a parade in LA all you want. The title remains in Houston. But I think their punishment is pretty severe....as it should have been.

Not severe enough. Houston should forfeit the title.

As it is, there will always be an * by the Houston title.

Not severe enough? Part of the punishment is having Joe Buck as the Astros permanent announcer.
That would be cruel and unusual punishment for everyone. Anyway, he knows nothing about football and less about baseball.

I have two new Astros logo shirts I got for Xmas from DW (still in wrapping). We decided today to send them back to the seller (Fanatics) and trade them in for ones with NY Yankee logos. I'm clearly going back to the dark side.

The Astros have humiliated themselves by pulling this crap.

And to think, we had season tickets for the Astros the years they were in the toilet (losing 100+ games). We gave up the seats and just buy for individual games now. But that's over.

I have two new Astros logo shirts I got for Xmas from DW (still in wrapping). We decided today to send them back to the seller (Fanatics) and trade them in for ones with NY Yankee logos. I'm clearly going back to the dark side.

The Astros have humiliated themselves by pulling this crap.

And to think, we had season tickets for the Astros the years they were in the toilet (losing 100+ games). We gave up the seats and just buy for individual games now. But that's over.

Ouch. That seems extreme. The Yankees? That really is the darkest side. From a fellow Texan take this advice. Sleep on it. Surely tomorrow is another day

strange in 2017 we had a better road record than home lol

strange in 2017 we had a better road record than home lol

Last summer I saw a chart showing the strikeout rate of teams at home and away for the past 30 years or so. The 2017 Astros had essentially the same strike out rate when away but had the lowest strike out rate at home of any team in that time span and it was something like 10 percent lower than any other team from any other year. Basically, the chart consisted of a cluster of dots around an axis and then there is this lone island dot sitting all by itself, which is the 2017 Astros.

I've just tried to find it but I couldn't.

Ouch. That seems extreme. The Yankees? That really is the darkest side. From a fellow Texan take this advice. Sleep on it. Surely tomorrow is another day

I was a Yankee fan for 1/2 my life growing up in Connecticut.I played a lot of baseball and even in college. Only when I moved here (Texas) did I become an Astros fan, especially during the time George Steinbrenner was alive and ran the Yanks.

Maybe a good punishment for the Astros is to have Joe Buck be their announcer for the next 5 years or so. That should drive off most of the fans.:D

I'll wait awhile but I don't think this cheating stuff will go away too quickly around here.

I did think there was an unusual drum beating noise during the 2017 World Series. Thought that was from crazy fans, not a cheating team :facepalm:.

While I've been a Dodger fan all my life, I have very few illusions about MLB (or any other major league sport) being a sport, as opposed to a business. That's why I prefer going to Shorebirds games if I'm actually in the mood to watch baseball. Minor league games tend to exhibit both fun and sportsmanship, which are seldom seen at the major league level anymore. Sure, they don't always have t-shirt cannons, but you don't get Miss Delaware serving free root beer floats at Dodger Stadium, either.

While I've been a Dodger fan all my life, I have very few illusions about MLB (or any other major league sport) being a sport, as opposed to a business. That's why I prefer going to Shorebirds games if I'm actually in the mood to watch baseball. Minor league games tend to exhibit both fun and sportsmanship, which are seldom seen at the major league level anymore. Sure, they don't always have t-shirt cannons, but you don't get Miss Delaware serving free root beer floats at Dodger Stadium, either.

I go to the ABQ Isotopes games. They are great.

I’ve been to a few Frisco Roughrider games. Inexpensive, good seats, concessions and restrooms close by. But other than the occasional Ranger sent down for whatever, have zero clue who those guys are. Of course, that’s often the case with the Rangers too...

I’ve been to a few Frisco Roughrider games. Inexpensive, good seats, concessions and restrooms close by. But other than the occasional Ranger sent down for whatever, have zero clue who those guys are. Of course, that’s often the case with the Rangers too...

I got to see Manny Machado pass through on his way up. He was there for about a month. The really good ones don't spend much time in single A.

I think all the managers being fired should have been and will likely not be getting a job again...

BUT, there is no rule stating the person on second cannot signal the batter if he can decode the sign, there is a rule stating you cannot use electronic means to steal them all..

SOOOO, one is cheating and one is playing the game...

More allegations in the news today about Astros wearing buzzers to signal. They are unsubstantiated claims at this point. But the door has been opened. There is a crack, a crack, in everything. That’s how the light gets in.

We asked for signs, the signs were sent....signs for all to see.

I'm a Giants fan, and this all sucks for me, too. Obviously, I don't feel as cheated as the hated Dodgers or their fans. But I feel cheated in that I can no longer gloat about their 2017 and 2018 losses, since the Astr(isk)os cheated and the Red Sox probably did, too. Which means that the Dodgers loss isn't as fun to taunt them about any more. The Astr(isk)os cheated a lot of baseball fans.

This all makes me much happier that the Nats won the WS last fall.

I have two new Astros logo shirts I got for Xmas from DW (still in wrapping). We decided today to send them back to the seller (Fanatics) and trade them in for ones with NY Yankee logos.

How about this * shirt "The Houston Astros are confirmed cheaters and deserve an asterisk in the record books for their 2017 World Series win. Now you can own a shirt saying so - the Houston Asterisks!"

https://shop.larrybrownsports.com/c...cts/houston-asterisks-cheaters-unisex-t-shirt

Attachments

• mockup-83a32a99_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    mockup-83a32a99_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom