NFL: 2022 Season

Birdie Num Nums

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, the big NFL news for the upcoming 2022 season, both nationally and especially locally, is the Seattle Seahawks trading QB Russell Wilson to the Denver Broncos for a bunch of trades, multiple draft picks, and QB Drew Lock. Wow!

Then there's the Aaron Rodgers's deal just finalized: $50M a year for 4 years, with $153M guaranteed--"the richest in NFL history"!

Most-recent updates here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article259192653.html

Last edited:
Bummer for the Seahawks (have been rooting for the Hawks since the QB Dave Krieg times!), but probably good for Russell.
I think GB overpaid for Rogers and they will not have the cap space to give him the weapons he needs. Alas, Rogers does fill the stadium

AFC West will definitely be interesting this year.

Bummer for the Seahawks (have been rooting for the Hawks since the QB Dave Krieg times!), but probably good for Russell.
I think GB overpaid for Rogers and they will not have the cap space to give him the weapons he needs. Alas, Rogers does fill the stadium

Rodgers is the best chance the Packers have to get back to the SB. Without him they are nothing. They are also keeping his biggest target in Adams.

I wouldn't say that Rodgers fills the stadium though. Lambeau Field has been sold out every week for decades. If I had a kid and signed him up for season tickets the day he's born he might get them in time for retirement. That stadium will be sold out every week for the next several decades plus. Even with losing season after losing season like they had in the 80's and will have again when Rodgers retires.

Rodgers is the best chance the Packers have to get back to the SB. Without him they are nothing. They are also keeping his biggest target in Adams.
Not sure his actual record bears that out. Rodgers is 11-10 as a starter in the postseason. Rodgers is 4-2 in the wild-card round for his career. He's also 5-4 in the divisional playoff round. Rodgers is 1-4 in NFC championship games, and the 2020 loss to Tampa Bay remains a sticking point. And even worse this past season - The Packers had the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs, but the 49ers knocked off Green Bay (at Lambeau) again the playoffs in a 13-10 stunner.

Not sure his actual record bears that out. Rodgers is 11-10 as a starter in the postseason. Rodgers is 4-2 in the wild-card round for his career. He's also 5-4 in the divisional playoff round. Rodgers is 1-4 in NFC championship games, and the 2020 loss to Tampa Bay remains a sticking point. And even worse this past season - The Packers had the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs, but the 49ers knocked off Green Bay (at Lambeau) again the playoffs in a 13-10 stunner.

Do you think they would have done better without Rodgers? I sure don't. He's the best QB in the league, top 10 all time.

Do you think they would have done better without Rodgers? I sure don't. He's the best QB in the league, top 10 all time.
Yeah, and Rodgers doesn't take the field by himself, so you can't put all those losses on him.

Having said that, I cut back on my NFL watching considerably last season. It was nice to free up all that time.

Something for the haters to talk about…

Attachments

• 8DC02185-3126-4E89-9E58-16D293E7910B.jpeg
    8DC02185-3126-4E89-9E58-16D293E7910B.jpeg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 34
Brady's retirement was rushed. I'm glad to see him back.

^^^^^^

OMY Syndrome.

Last edited:
Last edited:
^^^^ I think he's going to be paid in Bitcoin and Oil. :)

Matt Ryan traded to Colts.

I say he's a better option the Carson Wentz. Ryan is like another Phillip Rivers. Great personal stats but come playoff time, can't seem to win the big one.

He would've won the big one had the coaches not blown the offense calls leading the 28-3 SB. That was 100% on them, Ryan was the 2016 MVP.

Agree that he was never a top 5 QB overall but he's been let down by coaching and bad offensive line play more than himself.

Falcons showed once again that they always know how to screw up when they made a bad play for Watson then dumped Ryan for a 3rd round pick. Maybe they'll get Pickett or just tank this year and hope for Bryce Young. Happy for Ryan to go to a team that might have a chance in a tough AFC, he's always been a class act.

Last edited:
^^^ I read that the Falcons signed Mariota. They could have done worse I guess but I don't see a swap of Mariota for Ryan as an upgrade.

Looks like big name players getting traded is kind of the new fad.

Devante Adams, Matt Ryan and now Tyreek Hill.

I hadn’t realized the contract extension talks had stalled so badly. The trade makes sense for both sides (Chiefs and Hill) from a business perspective but dang, this sucks. Mahomes and Hill together have been some kind of special.

I hadn’t realized the contract extension talks had stalled so badly. The trade makes sense for both sides (Chiefs and Hill) from a business perspective but dang, this sucks. Mahomes and Hill together have been some kind of special.
That one takes a while to process.

Looks like big name players getting traded is kind of the new fad.

Devante Adams, Matt Ryan and now Tyreek Hill.
I didn’t see the Tyreek trade coming, but I don’t see it as a loss for KC. He had one skill, being really fast, which does have value. Not a great route runner, he got open with speed and separation. But he's not a good open field runner - went backwards and sideways for nought too often, good thing forward progress or he’d lose yards after a catch a lot. And he was easy to tackle. YMMV

Last edited:
I didn’t see the Tyreek trade coming, but I don’t see it as a loss for KC. He had one skill, being really fast, which does have value. Not a great route runner, he got open with speed and separation. But he's not a good open field runner - went backwards and sideways for nought too often, good thing forward progress or he’d lose yards after a catch a lot. And he was easy to tackle. YMMV

I didn't see the trade coming either. Will be interesting to see if KC will find a good replacement for the fast score ability that he gave them for several years.

He's a big big impact player. Take the Chiefs/Bills playoff game. Thinking the Bills were going to win then in the blink of an eye a pass to Hill and next thing you know Chiefs got a TD.

My son had a good perspective on the Hill trade. T gets immediate generational wealth in a state with no income tax. He also already lives in Miami which I didn’t know. He can basically semi-retire whenever he wants.

For the Chiefs, he said it’s similar to the Herschel Walker trade. Head office is just playing the long game.

I've been a football fan for well over 50 years now but the last few years my interest has fallen off dramatically... Probably all the rule changes have been the biggest contributor but inconsistent (or terrible) officiating is near the top too. Add in the politics, end zone celebrations (grown men acting like little kids) really turns me off the game. I'll probably keep watching as long as Brady plays and doesn't become an embarrassment.

I'll probably try the USFL which kicks-off (no pun intended) in mid April... They are going to have some different rules too but I'll give them a chance. I'm not sure how well it's going to work with all games being played in same two stadiums in Alabama...

I didn't see the trade coming either. Will be interesting to see if KC will find a good replacement for the fast score ability that he gave them for several years.

He's a big big impact player. Take the Chiefs/Bills playoff game. Thinking the Bills were going to win then in the blink of an eye a pass to Hill and next thing you know Chiefs got a TD.

the Chiefs signed JuJu the previous day.

Back
Top Bottom