NFL: 2022 Season

49ers are the most stacked and will go all the way.

I just looked at their depth chart and it does not look particularly impressive. I'm not saying you are wrong just that it doesn't look, on paper, like you are for sure right.

I just looked at their depth chart and it does not look particularly impressive. I'm not saying you are wrong just that it doesn't look, on paper, like you are for sure right.

49ers almost went to the Super Bowl last year. Defense wins championships they say and 49ers have that.

I think they made a good move by keeping Garoppolo. Not sure what they're paying him, but it's a good insurance policy against Lance. The guy somehow just wins football games.

Not a lot of love for this team in H Town.
But you must admit, it's well deserved.

Fortunately you can say, you don't live in Houston! That's worth a lot, IMO.

Last edited:
NFL Power Rankings - Week 1

The regular season kicks off tonight: BUF vs. LAR.
NFL Power Rankings - Week #1:

1. BUF
  2. LAR
  3. SF
  4. TB
  5. CIN
  6. GB
  7. KC
  8. DEN
  9. LAC
  10. BAL
  11. LV
  12. IND
  13. NO
  14. PHI
  15. DAL
  16. ARI
  17. TEN
  18. NE
  19. MIA
  20. MIN
  21. PIT
  22. CLE
  23. CAR
  24. SEA
  25. DET
  26. NYJ
  27. HOU
  28. NYG
  29. JAX
  30. WAS
  31. ATL
  32. CHI
(Go Hawks!)

Well they have Houston about right this time. Maybe a couple of slots to high but pretty close. Hope Dallas does well this year. I guess TB is only ranked number 4 since Brady can't do as well without Gronk and he's to busy selling shoes and sandwiches.

Last edited:
49ers need a QB . Trey Lance is not it . Jimmy G is good game manager . They could win but I don’t think so. There are several good teams in the AFC this year . Don’t count the Bungles out , Buffalo , Kansas City ,

I could probably come up with arguments for 10-12 teams this year. Hopefully it’ll be a bunch of good games, few serious injuries, and some decent officiating. AFC west is going to be a lot of fun.

Just saw the kickoff of the 2022 season in LA... Just occurred to me that a lot of power must be getting sucked up in that stadium right now even with their innovated/green designs. Just the huge JumboTron must me sucking up a ton of juice. :) Isn't this (5 to 8pm local time) their peak electricity usage time. (Rhetorical)

Last edited:
Maybe those 70,000+ in SoFi stadium are, as a whole, consuming less energy than if they were all at home. Dunno for sure.

Just saw the kickoff of the 2022 season in LA... Just occurred to me that a lot of power must be getting sucked up in that stadium right now even with their innovated/green designs. Just the huge JumboTron must me sucking up a ton of juice. :) Isn't this (5 to 8pm local time) their peak electricity usage time. (Rhetorical)

If an outage occurs, they’ll just power the stadium from the EV’s in the parking lots.

Lots of turnovers so far.

Maybe those 70,000+ in SoFi stadium are, as a whole, consuming less energy than if they were all at home. Dunno for sure.
I'm sure the 70k sports fans turned off everything at home before "walking" to the stadium in the ~100 degree heat there today. :)

But seriously, makes me wonder how many (if any) EV charging stations are available at SoFi for all the EV's that must be there...

If an outage occurs, they’ll just power the stadium from the EV’s in the parking lots.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Lots of turnovers so far.
Yep, hard to keep track of who has the ball.

Last edited:
The Bills certainly made a statement tonight, on both sides of the ball.

On the other hand, while the Rams looked bad, I think it would be too early to right them off just yet. But they need more of their offense to step up.

^^^^
Yep they seemed to be pretty Jolly while Stomping all over the RAMS. :) Which is ok with me. For a while it seemed like nobody wanted the ball with all the turn turnovers.

Last edited:
Josh and Bills looking pretty good on the road.

Josh looked really good but he will have a short career if he doesn't play smarter and learn to hit the ground instead of trying to run through the defense when he runs with the ball. He's way too valuable a player to be risking injury doing that, there's a reason the average career length for a running back in the NFL is just a hair over 3 years.

Last edited:
Josh looked really good but he will have a short career if he doesn't play smarter and learn to hit the ground instead of trying to run through the defense when he runs with the ball. He's way too valuable a player to be risking injury doing that, there's a reason the average career length for a running back in the NFL is just a hair over 3 years.

Yeah, who does he think he is....Mahomes? :LOL:

I think they made a good move by keeping Garoppolo. Not sure what they're paying him, but it's a good insurance policy against Lance. The guy somehow just wins football games.

He has a base salary of about 6 million. Then he has a bunch of varied incentives depending on how much he plays and how he does.

While it’s true he’s getting quite a nice salary as a backup, Trey’s salary is not huge, and the total for both is what you’d probably pay for both. It’s just in this case, the money is more evenly divided.

From what I can tell, both are class acts and I’m glad it worked out.

Back
Top Bottom