OAP banned from hospital for lewd and.

OldAgePensioner

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
lascivious behavior, would have made a good story but alas, REWahoo, it didn't go that way. Sigh. :D

I'll spare the details but if you have not been awaken by a bladder full of clotted blood, well, you got that going for you. On 28-Jan, I walked to the emergency room with a towel inside my pants and the worse was yet to come. They inserted the largest (LaRouche.. damn French) catheter and proceeded to irrigate torture my bladder and removed about 8 oz of clots.

I was sedated shut-the-f-up and admitted after spending 6 hours in emergency. The next morning I awoke at 03:45 , pushed my call button and screeched "please help me, please". Two beautiful nurses (Desiree and Stephanie) spent the next 1 1/2 hour with a large (turkey baster sized) plunger trying to get out the clots. A doctor came and finished and put in a new type of catheter with a continuous saline flow. Some relief but I eventually fainted from the pain and was moved to IC for a while.

Well, I had 3 new operations (embolization of arterovenous fistula, perinephric drainage of Gerota's fascia and stent placed in right ureter from kidney to bladder). Lots of this plumbing is still in place but I'm home at least.

But to be honest, I did lust after wanted-a-go-with Angie, Katerina, Desiree, Stephanie and Connie. The doctor said that was a good sign. :D

Just to add a bit of useful info to this tripe, I have rung up over $100k in bills and I'm only responsible for $5k. Total of 15 days in private room, 4 operations, etc. Good to have BCBS. And I expect it will go much higher.

OAP (spirit low but unbroken)

Sounds hot- nurses, turkey basters, drugs....

Glad to hear that you're ok- do they know what caused it? Did you actually WALK to the ER? I know ambulatory and ambulance sound smilar, but one might have been more comfortable ;)

Hang in there OAP, you are a brick.

Ha

OAP, good to hear you're home but that sounds like an awful ordeal. Was this all complications from the original surgery? I pray for a speedy and painless recovery.

Yeah, this ordeal was due to complications from my original cancer surgery on the right kidney. Some open blood vessels and complete urine blockage.

Marshac, I live only about 3 blocks from the Emergency Room and walking is faster than cab or ambulance. A cab travels about 8 blocks due to one-way streets. Plus, if I tied up one of the elevators for emergency, the neighbors would kill me anyway. :D

HaHa,
With all the sedation, I felt thick as a brick :-\ but the nurses would characterize me as a sponge. Lots of whining and sniveling.

OAP, hope things mend quickly for you, glad that the Nurses were there for you.

Walking to the hospital-you be the man!  If I tied up an elevator due to an emergency, I could care less what my neightbors thought.  Of course, I live in a house and can afford to spout off.  I hope that your healing if rapid.

Dreamer

Omygosh, you're a brave man, OAP! Best wishes for an easy recovery and future good health.

I can't imagine the pain and fear you must've experienced, although I did suffer from "honeymoon cystitis" after my first night of serious sex in college. My BF carried me to the infirmary a couple of miles from his dorm room. For weeks afterwards just not having a constant urge to pee and being able to pee without pain and bleeding seemed a blessied revelation. For years afterwards I never left home without the little brownish purple pill that suppressed bladder pain and turned urine orange, but it never happened again.

OAP,
You're one tough dude. Best of luck and may you have great health from here on.

I was wondering how you were doing. Sorry to hear there have been complications.

Hope you heal quickly....and painlessly.

Martha, Tom,
I like the libertarians. Is Mary Jane legal? :D

When I'm healed, I might just get a headband, a tie-dyed shirt, some bell bottoms and a Ruckus. And a dog named Boo. And hit the highway.

OAP rider.

If you're in Denver, it is. 8) Coming up in Alaska.
People should have the right to anything that could heal them.

OAP, I'm glad you checked in. Take care and don't hesitate to ring the doc's phone off the wall if you need to. All the best for your recovery. :)

Holy carp, OAP. I hope you feel better. And thanks for the candor in your description. I'm soooo glad I didn't go to med school.

wab,
count me in on the "glad I skipped med school" crowd.

I had an elderly woman for a neighbor on the ward and she was begging the doctor to let her die. I still choke up a bit remembering that. So, no Dr. OAP for me.

They finally gave me my own morphine injector because I whined so much. The bastards regulated it so I could only get one dose every 15 minutes. Else I would have been very happy.

OAP

They have good drugs, but they never give you enough. And they bring in good looking nurses, but they won't let you undress them. Whatever happened to customer service in this country? ;)

Martha said:
I think you deserve a visit from Mary Jane. :-X

Take care.

What she said!

OAP, I truly hope you feel better soon

I would have loved to have gone to med school. I was just too damned stupid at age 18 to realize that wives come and go but kids last forever.!
I was part of the draft at 19. Saw exotic South East Asia. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

OAP, being in good humor is a good healthy sign. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

MJ :D

OAP, I'm glad you have survived the ordeal and that your spirits are good. For $100k you'd think they would be more generous with the drugs !

I had a brain operation a few years ago. It's probably similar to being a guy and have a catheter inserted :LOL:

I'm wishing you well !!!!

-helen

Helen,
It did give me a head ache! :D Hope your surgery went well and is your last.

MJ,
hope you're starting to get some ideas for what you will do for a next phase. I'm anxiously awaiting a period of good health so I can plan the next few years. I'm thinking SF so I can be near my best friend who lives in Mountain View.

OldAgePensioner said:
Helen,
It did give me a head ache! :D Hope your surgery went well and is your last.

MJ,
hope you're starting to get some ideas for what you will do for a next phase. I'm anxiously awaiting a period of good health so I can plan the next few years. I'm thinking SF so I can be near my best friend who lives in Mountain View.

With the help of your positive and good spirits, I'm sure your body will heal itself very quickly. I fell in love with SF when I visited it nearly 30 years. It was just too expensive for me to move there even then. Now being retired, I assume it won't be very affordable now either.

Right now, I selling, giving away and packing the left over stuff preparing to move out of my house when it becomes the new owner's house. I just ordered my travel companion, a full touring folding bike (Swifty). I am probably going to casually drive to Tucson to visit my friend. I hope driving my 92 camry across the country is a good idea. It has only 104k and is in very good shape. He has a friend who will let me leave my car and use his address all for $30/month so I can establish residency there to get health insurance. From there, I'm not sure, i'll either explore the Southwest or make an extensive trip with my travelling companion Swifty to New Zealand or Australia.
Follow the yellow brick road, follow the yellow brick road, follow follow follow follow, follow the yellow brick road.......

MJ :)

OAP - I'm thinking good thoughts for you. Glad to here you're on the road to recovery now.

MJ, I'm looking at SF because there are so many distractions.
If you decide to travel in Australia be sure to travel the Sunshine Coast/Surfer's Paradise area above Brisbane (Brizbun).  I can just see you cruising past the bronze surfer girls in Maroochiedore (Sp?) on ole Swifty.

Have a Moreton Bay bug and a pint of VB.   Yummy.

I've been following your SF thread and, similaryly,  I may be headed out on the road myself.  I'm anxious to see how you fare, so keep us informed.

yelnad,
this week is a big week for me. I've got to stop bleeding before next Tuesday or ELSE.

Back
Top Bottom