Origin of your ER.org user name?

I used to skydive and “Blue Skies” was the standard farewell when jumpers parted meaning something along the lines of “may favorable conditions be yours”. Added a letter at the end because the site said Bluesky was already taken.

Mine is a tribute to a long time buddy that passed too early. He was an extreme extrovert so in other words completely different than me. He would come up with some wild statement and when you corrected him he would look at you with a straight face and say “same thing” lol. Miss him.

When I was a teenager I befriended a young lass and she once took me water-skiing behind the family boat. As I was in the water with the ski rope in my hand I noticed that "PB4USKI" was on the stern of the boat. I always thought it was clever. Since I also snow ski, it seemed appropriate.

I have been amused at how long it has taken some member to see the light on the meaning.

OMG - I’ve been reading here for years and didn’t “see” until you explained!

"Fleur" is the name of Soame's daughter in "The Forsyte Saga", a 60's English period drama--my favorite genre of TV entertainment. The show was redone in the 00's. He would do anything for only her, despite being a miserable vindictive character to everyone else. Fleur means Flower in French.

When I first started sail racing in 1997, that’s where we usually finished. Our motto the first year was “just don’t be last.” We got a lot better, but I let go of the obsession about 5 years ago and now only race casually - it’s more fun, win, lose or Midpack.

Last edited:
The first board I ever participated in (an AOL chat room) was all about music. My screen name is a mashup of my favorite type of music and my name.

It's an acronym for "Master of Space and Time"

DS was into He-Man back in the day, I think there was a character. or villain, with the title of "Master of the Universe" playing along with him and his friends I told them I was more powerful, I was "Master of Space and Time" and the Universe was a small part of Space and Time. Of course, this just produced groans and laughter. I thought it was funny. :LOL:

I served on three different subs over the years, and do not feel right naming myself after any one of them.

As a military retiree, I had the chance to re-invent myself. I bought bare land out in the woods and built a homestead for my family.

Our farm is on solar power, and we are organic farmers.

This was our vision for 'retirement', so this is the path that we have followed.

It's a mixture of my first & last names that softball teammates invented 50 years ago.

When I penned the name for forums, I was a ski instructor, referred to as Ski Pros, just as golf instructors are referred to as Golf Pros. I had locker #33, hence skipro33. That's how I was listed on the assignment roster.

When I penned the name for forums, I was a ski instructor, referred to as Ski Pros, just as golf instructors are referred to as Golf Pros. I had locker #33, hence skipro33. That's how I was listed on the assignment roster.

For whatever reason, my mind interprets your user name as "skip ro(w) 33"...

Just one. It's not that hard to figure out [emoji16]

When you said it was your first one, I wondered if you'd had about twenty of them. ;)

My first introduction to the beauty of the Pacific North West was when my then boss took me to eat at a clif-side seafood restaurant on Chuckanut Drive. This poor, ill-informed, ignorant boy from So Cal was very impressed at so much beauty so near to a small town that actually got snow in the Winter.

By the way those of your who ever stayed at the Leopold Hotel in Bellingham may want to know that once again it will be a hotel, along with apartments.

The historic Leopold Hotel building in downtown Bellingham, WA will transition from a retirement residency to a mixed use boutique 31-room new hotel and 61-unit apartment building in summer 2019.

When I first started sail racing in 1997, that’s where we usually finished. Our motto the first year was “just don’t be last.” We got a lot better, but I let go of the obsession about 5 years ago and now only race casually - it’s more fun, win, lose or Midpack.

Up till now my mind-picture of you was a person with your avatar's face and washboard abs.

Back
Top Bottom