Origin of your ER.org user name?

Engineer here......:blush:

Originally Posted by Sue J View Post
Because I’m not very clever and have no imagination.....

Initials followed by my favorite number (multiple of).

For those who may know, Yogi Berra is the reason for the number.

I thought about SkiBum, but I identify more with running than skiing.

Its complicated, so please follow along. I took the three initials of my name, and then put three "ones" after that. Feel free to use as a guide when thinking up your next username.
And please don't tell me that you use the same username in multiple applications.

Mine is a nickname. Because nick is not my name.

Mine is obvious.
It is the name I use on 99% of fora that I participate in.

I believe in publicly standing up for your comments.

I believe the same too, and it's the reason I use my real name on the majority of the forums I frequent. The only reason I use a screen name here is because money can be rather a touchy subject with some folk. I only discuss money matters with a very few close family members and friends. I don't tell most people I know how much I have. It's the reason I like to preserve at least a modicum of anonymity on this forum. If one of my acquaintances or not-so-close family members were to come across this forum, best they not know the details of my finances.

However, even in the very few places I use a screen name, I still conduct myself with the same sense of decorum I would if everyone knew who I was.

Last edited:
I chose like2 because when I joined, I thought I would really like2 retire at 55.
Thanks in large part to the fine folks on here, I was able to meet that goal!

I was going to request changing it last year, but I decided I like2 read this forum alot and continually learn about others plans to retire and their success stories!

I have had three calico cats over the years (among many cats). The cat in my avatar passed away a few months before I joined the forum, so my user name is in honor of her as well as the other two sweet calicos from years past.

If you look carefully at the avatar you will see she has David Bowie eyes.

Last edited:
At my first job (computer operator), all printed output started with a banner page made up of the first 5 characters of the employee's last name followed by the first letter of their first name followed by a digit to make sure the banner name was unique. Mine came out as WHITET2, but the 2 was meaningless so I dropped it. I suppose you could also read it as "Whitey". (I can hear you yawning)

Last edited:
I have had three calico cats over the years (among many cats). The cat in my avatar passed away a few months before I joined the forum, so my user name is in honor of her as well as the other two sweet calicos from years past.

If you look carefully at the avatar you will see she has David Bowie eyes.

I think your cat was a reincarnation of our Saskia.

Did David Bowie have special eyes? Along the same lines as Bette Davis maybe? I did not know this.

His right eye was blue. His left eye appeared brown, due to being permanently dilated as a result of an injury sustained in a fight (over a girl, of course!) as a teenager.

My calico's right eye was blue and her left eye appeared brown or gold, depending on the amount and type of light.

He got poked in the eye by a buddy over a bit o' trim as a youth. made one pupil be permanently dilated. Unlike Calico's cat, our cat has heterochromia, with one blue and one amber eye. Very cool to look at. A few months ago I met a woman with one color above and one below on one eye. Fascinating! She had no problems with the "eyes up here" issue.

Wonderful movie....Argo. if you have not seen it, its fabulous.

Prefix F is intuitive as is the I

Tournament tiddlywinks player (in the Guinness book of Records actually), and squopping is a type of shot that I might be the best in the world at. So kind of like the mad scientist of squopping.

An ocean view is my happy place. Whenever I see my screen name here I always hear the Green Acres song in my head where Zsa Zsa Gabor says “I just adore a penthouse view...”, but of course, I change the words to “I just adore an ocean view!”

Attachments

• me2.jpg
    me2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 200
Back
Top Bottom