Paranormal Experiences?

I’m not sure what qualifies as paranormal, but have had some pretty unusual experiences. One of them was:

My undergrad school (NIU) was in DeKalb, Illinois, which was still pretty rural in the early 80s. I used to work nights to pay for my tuition. Sometimes after work, around 1 or 2 in the morning, I would go driving out in the country to wind down so I could get to sleep before classes in the morning.

One January night I was about 10 miles outside of town on a lonely gravel road when I missed a jog in the road and buried my car deep in a snow-filled ditch. I immediately knew I was in trouble. I was stranded on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night. The temperature was around 10 degrees, but the wind blowing across the plains brought the temp well below zero and it was already cutting through me. I could see a light from atop a structure a mile or so away, but wasn’t sure if it was an empty barn or locked outbuilding, or whether I could reach it before freezing.

Suddenly, a big pickup truck pulls up right behind me. Being Illinois, the land was flat for miles in every direction, and normally you’d see the glow of headlights long before seeing or hearing any vehicle approach. I have no idea where this truck came from or how it came up behind me without my seeing or hearing it.

The driver steps out of the cab and says “looks like you could use some help”. He grabs a couple of tow chains from the back, hooks them up to my car, and pops it out of the ditch like it was made of balsa wood. Then, he smiles at me, gets back in the truck and drives away without another word.

I’m a Christian and believe in angels; and I believe it was an angel that saved me that night.

I swear the ghost of one dog haunted our house. The wife and I both saw fleeting "ghost like" shadows and the cat made the most horrible yowling sounds she ever made.

When we got the new dog all that went away. The new dog chased the cat (and finally caught it and held it firmly between 2 power packed puppy paws and sniffed it from head to tail) but that cat was quite happy that we got a new dog and never made those sounds again.

The fleeting ghost images went away too. We both thought the dog came back to make sure we rescued another so we would not grieve so and give another of her kind a good home with lots of love.

Dog ghost. Yeah. There is more to heaven and earth than is dreamt of...

I swear the ghost of one dog haunted our house. The wife and I both saw fleeting "ghost like" shadows and the cat made the most horrible yowling sounds she ever made.

When we got the new dog all that went away. The new dog chased the cat (and finally caught it and held it firmly between 2 power packed puppy paws and sniffed it from head to tail) but that cat was quite happy that we got a new dog and never made those sounds again.

The fleeting ghost images went away too. We both thought the dog came back to make sure we rescued another so we would not grieve so and give another of her kind a good home with lots of love.

Dog ghost. Yeah. There is more to heaven and earth than is dreamt of...

Did all of this happen before or after California legalized marijuana?

Last edited:
Ghosts - yes, I had an out of body astral experience and saw a black figure in my room.
I just graduate from college and was renting a room.

Aliens - yes, went to a mountain in frequented by UFOs, and at night (in a forest camp), I dreamed of 2 aliens trying to get me in this vivid dream state, they had no mouth - just big eyes. When I screamed, they went away - they couldn't take the scream. Their ears were very sensitive to sound.

UFO sighting - yes, was in Breckenridge Colorado and on the way, we saw a UFO, and the following day, it was headline in their local news. This was in 2014.

Big Foot/Abominable Snowman/Yeti - yes, I visited Tibet, and was in Namche Bazaar, and saw pictures of the Yeti scalp and big Yeti skeletal hands. These relics were housed in a Tibetan temple, but according the the Sherpa I talked to - they were stolen at one point.

If you read the book by Lyod Pye (Everything you know is wrong), Big Foot are the local earth Neanderthal men and we are the aliens created by the Annunakis/Sumerian gods. We were not the first of creation - there were the host of angels, then they interbred with human women and produced the Nephilims - the Race of Giants. The book of Enoch talks about this. If you have the time, this video of Lyod Pye is a great watch.

In 1850, there was an "Big Foot / Ape woman" who lived among men in Russia. She could left 80kg like nothing and ran faster than a horse. Her name was Zana.

https://exemplore.com/cryptids/Mystery-Files-The-Story-of-Zana-Do-Neanderthals-Still-Walk-Amongst-us

When I was younger, I opened my third-eye and could see things. I followed the path of Tibetan Buddhism. To the Tibetans, the realm of the spirits and the physical world are pretty ordinary, as well as magic and mysticism. Our Tibetan guide talk about his uncle levitating in mid-air after meditating in a cave for years like it was a normal occurrence.

The US have known about aliens for years. Reagan talked about Star Wars and recently we created a Star Force. We have not been to the moon for 40+ years, because there are aliens there.

The former Defense Minister of Canada talked about it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1079464/Former-Defense-Minister-Aliens-live-us.html

Just a few days ago, an Israel professor who was part of the space program said this.

https://whdh.com/news/ex-space-offi...tqhatBcM8YGNqihqgtTcu8SmPHcQHXJZzHywbR5knstD4

I have tons of stories of the incredible. hahaha. Everything is true. Spend one day in the British museum and see how the Sumerians/Annunakis (the Winged Gods) created the first human civilization .. and they knew our solar system thousands of years ago. They were already wearing what seem like a 'wrist watch'. These guys invented time - like our 60 seconds, 60 minutes, 24 hours, etc.

https://lynleahz.com/2013/09/18/ann...-they-have-to-do-with-nibiru-nephilim-videos/

Last edited:
I’ve had a few freaky experiences where my body reacted to a close venomous snake before I could figure out what was happening or even see it! I attribute it to my Lizard Brain.

That’s about it. I never tried to see the Marfa Lights. Or maybe I did try but they were a no show.

Jesus said...."don't feed your pearls to the pigs". so i won't go into details. I've had more than a few. I lived in a haunted house in the old Brooklin navy yard in NY. there were daily occurances for 9 months, witnessed by me and others alone and other 'sightings' by groups of us. and, there was the time i was pinned under a rock on the Gauley river (middle drop of lost paddle rapid--class 5) for a very long time where I had my personal visit with an angel. there were a few times on my motorcycle over the years where I was "guided" for lack of a better word. and there was the time my mom came back to me a day after her death. I had a great aunt who was gifted in this regard too.

Last edited:
I swear this is a true story.

Years ago DW and I lived in a small rental in a Bellevue Washington neighborhood while we were building our "retirement" home further out of town. One dark and very rainy morning I loaded up the 4Runner with tools for the day and placing a dry towel on the rear passenger side seat put "Bubba" our then soaking wet and very large and menacing looking dog. I rolled down the driveway, then drove slowly heading out of our neighborhood. It was by then raining even harder. At the intersection of a feeder street I rolled to a stop, preparing to turn. Just then the front passenger door pops open and in hops a tiny elderly Asian lady. I look at her. Bubba checks her out with his eyes only not moving his body. Eyes forward she says in a small but firm voice "grocery store". Looking around I can't imagine where she might have been standing when I rolled up to the intersection.

Uhm okay. I make the turn onto the feeder street and drive about a half mile and turn into an Albertsons which is a Northwest grocery store chain. Driving as close to the entrance as possible we roll to a stop. Eyes still forward she says in her small but firm voice "Safeway".

Well alright then. We're at the Eastgate Albertsons and the Safeway is just the other side of the interstate cloverleaf. A short drive and we're there. Again I roll to a stop right in front of the store. She hops out without a word closing the car door behind her and then disappears into the rain.

Bubba and I look at each other in disbelief. DW says she gets the hebegeebees whenever I tell the story.

I actually did have a very bright object about 1-2 feet in diameter like a fireball cut across the road in front of me one night. It even pulled me out of the lane I was driving in. It was in the early 70s while I was driving home in my VW bus. :cool:

Cheers!

I actually did have a very bright object about 1-2 feet in diameter like a fireball cut across the road in front of me one night. It even pulled me out of the lane I was driving in. It was in the early 70s while I was driving home in my VW bus. :cool:

Cheers!

I was with some buddies one night in the early 70's - maybe on the same road as you. We saw a huge somewhat illuminated/translucent horse near the road. And it wasn't moving. Perfectly still.

My Mom had the strongest ESP interactions I have ever seen, too many things happened to be coincidence while I was growing up.
I am also believer in other beings, the Universe is too big to only have humans in it.

I have had a couple of instances that made me pause--odd enough outside of "normal" to make me believe something/someone was connecting with me.
One was a dream involving a Grey abduction where I fought back and heard "she's not ready yet". Woke up in the morning feeling like I had wrestled all night. Really, really, Weird! Never had another dream/nightmare about that again.
Others involve a sense of Guardian Angels, whom I strongly believe in and have been present in instances where I or my loved ones really should not have survived. But we did.

My Moms voice came to me once, sharply telling me to breathe! I woke up with a start, taking a deep breath, feeling like I was choking. I must have been in a sleep apnea spell, which was diagnosed later.

I knew when my Grandpa died.

On the lighter side was listening to Oingo Boingo "Dead Man's Party" when the group I was with found a suicide.

I swear this is a true story.

Years ago DW and I lived in a small rental in a Bellevue Washington neighborhood while we were building our "retirement" home further out of town. One dark and very rainy morning I loaded up the 4Runner with tools for the day and placing a dry towel on the rear passenger side seat put "Bubba" our then soaking wet and very large and menacing looking dog. I rolled down the driveway, then drove slowly heading out of our neighborhood. It was by then raining even harder. At the intersection of a feeder street I rolled to a stop, preparing to turn. Just then the front passenger door pops open and in hops a tiny elderly Asian lady. I look at her. Bubba checks her out with his eyes only not moving his body. Eyes forward she says in a small but firm voice "grocery store". Looking around I can't imagine where she might have been standing when I rolled up to the intersection.

Uhm okay. I make the turn onto the feeder street and drive about a half mile and turn into an Albertsons which is a Northwest grocery store chain. Driving as close to the entrance as possible we roll to a stop. Eyes still forward she says in her small but firm voice "Safeway".

Well alright then. We're at the Eastgate Albertsons and the Safeway is just the other side of the interstate cloverleaf. A short drive and we're there. Again I roll to a stop right in front of the store. She hops out without a word closing the car door behind her and then disappears into the rain.

Bubba and I look at each other in disbelief. DW says she gets the hebegeebees whenever I tell the story.

Maybe those were the only words she knew in English. She needed a ride to the grocery store. It may not be unusual for an elderly Asian women, unfamiliar with the ways of America, to assume a kind person wouldn’t mind giving her a ride to the store. After all, this is common place where she is from.

Last edited:
I was with some buddies one night in the early 70's - maybe on the same road as you. We saw a huge somewhat illuminated/translucent horse near the road. And it wasn't moving. Perfectly still.

Was alcohol involved?[emoji16]

When we acquired my grandfather's house 30 years ago we did a complete renovation. On our first night sleeping there, at 5:30 AM the smoke alarm went off for no reason. We joked that it was the old man saying "nobody sleeps in my house after 5:30!".

Over thirty years, the alarm never went off again for no good reason.

A few years ago, my uncle (grandfather's son) died. He had a private service at the funeral home and right in the middle of the service, the smoke alarms went off for no reason...fire trucks came and everything. We wondered if this is how the family communicated from the beyond.

A year later, one night I went to bed thinking about my uncle's life; no issue, we were close and I was just remembering him...at 12 midnight on the dot...smoke alarms went off in our house...again no reason.

Now......on our last night in our old house...you guessed it. Smoke alarms! No reason. Gramps saying "it's ok to leave"?

We just moved into our new house four weeks ago. Our first night in the new house: Yep! "Gramps saying "welcome"?? No problems since.

Again, in each event, the alarms had no reason to go off, and never went off before or after without cause.

It's not so much that that go off but the timing of it all that is spooky.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as ghosts or haunted houses.

I agree, Occam says that coincidence, power of suggestion, and selective memory are the simplest, reasonable explanations for all this.

RE, the old lady getting in the car:

Maybe those were the only words she knew in English. She needed a ride to the grocery store. It may not be unusual for an elderly Asian women, unfamiliar with the ways of America, to assume a kind person wouldn’t mind giving her a ride to the store. After all, this is common place where she is from.

Or maybe she thought she knew the driver, or had called a cab, and thought that was it? Or just an old confused person? No reason for anyone to jump to "ghosts" to explain this one.

And if that is considered "strong evidence", well, it seems very weak to me.
... Again, in each event, the alarms had no reason to go off, and never went off before or after without cause.

It's not so much that that go off but the timing of it all that is spooky.

Lots of things cause smoke alarms to "go off" (geez, were they ON the whole time, that would drive me nuts! OK, that belongs in the pet peeve thread, I digress). Spiders, dust, voltage surge maybe. I bet it has happened to you at other times when there was no connection to the dead, and you just brushed it off and forgot about it. But by definition, you won't remember those, so the ones you remember seem 'special'.

And don't underestimate power of suggestion. I don't believe in the paranormal, but a couple times in my life I've been on the edge of believing something happened. Once, I just had this in my mind, we had moved into a house, and I was wondering if anyone had died in that house. Seconds later, I felt a weird chill. It made me wonder. But I'm sure it was just the kind of chill you feel from time to time, but since you aren't thinking about death, it's nothing, and you forget about it.

Another time, someone was describing their experiences with what they felt was paranormal. Well, I started to think I was hearing things, but of course they are just the normal sounds a house makes. Your sense go on high alert.

-ERD50

Boo!

Ever since I was a kid in high school I have been interested in things like UFOs, Bigfoot, ghosts, etc. yet I can honestly say I have never had any type of paranormal experience (with the possible exception of a beloved aunt coming to me in a dream). As a kid in college, I met quite a few UFO abductees and to be honest, i would not trust them to get coffee. Although one man in a famous Arizona case in the 1970's certainly seemed believable. Anyway, has anyone had any type of paranormal experienced they would like to share? I want to believe.....

I've had a few things happen to me. Like one night at college I got this overwhelming sense I had to get home, like beyond compelling so much so I went to look for a ride home for the next day, couldn't find any so enlisted a few friends on a Thursday night to literally call each number in the directory of people that lived "near" my home to ask if they were going that direction the next day, we got to the S's before I found someone who said they had a spot. I made a list of things I needed to do when I got home and #1 on that list was see my Grandpa. I arrived the next day and my mom hadn't come picked me up but instead my brother and sister as they said mom was busy, I then told them I had this list and my sister broke down and told me my grandpa had passed overnight. I've never had that feeling before and never had it sense.

Then the night before my dad died I was sitting with him and I was telling my brother I feel like our spirit is energy that gets released into the universe and I felt dad was close because I had this overwhelming "electric" feeling. My brother left the room thinking I'm a loon and came back in with full goosebumps and every hair standing on end.

I'm not as big of a believer in big foot (though obviously there are plenty of non-documented animals wondering around, animals with diseases that make them look strange). As for life on other planets, who knows, its possible but I deem not probable. Most I pass off as spy planes or people doing weird things. But the ghost thing, that I can' t shake given my personal experiences.

Some entertaining stories in previous replies. I can't say whether there are paranormal activities for real or not. I do believe in angels that can arrive at times to help a person out. The problem is we can't recognize them at the time; it seems only in hindsight does the angel theory make sense.

I do know my personal ESP detector detector seems broken, but my BS detector works very well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom