Paranormal Experiences?

LXEX55

Recycles dryer sheets
Ever since I was a kid in high school I have been interested in things like UFOs, Bigfoot, ghosts, etc. yet I can honestly say I have never had any type of paranormal experience (with the possible exception of a beloved aunt coming to me in a dream). As a kid in college, I met quite a few UFO abductees and to be honest, i would not trust them to get coffee. Although one man in a famous Arizona case in the 1970's certainly seemed believalbe. Anyway, has anyone had any type of paranormal ecpereince they would like to share? I want to believe.....

I'm a skeptic.

As Carl Sagan used to say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The more unlikely a certain claim is, given existing evidence on the subject, the greater the standard of proof is expected of it.

I think many of us would love to see something "out of the ordinary" but in all my years I never have. There are certainly many unexplained occurrences, but that just means we can't explain them (yet).

My sister has had several premonitions that were a little hard to explain. She woke up in the middle of the night to find our grandmother sitting on the edge of her bed smiling at her (grandma lived in another town). The next morning my dad called her to say grandma had died in her sleep. On another occasion she and her friend were on a road trip and exited the highway to get gas. Upon arrival she got a bad feeling and said "go down the street to a different station." When they subsequently passed by the original gas station to get back on the highway, the station was surrounded by law enforcement vehicles responding to a robbery in progress.
She has had a number of these kinds of premonitions. Unfortunately her gift does not extend to stock picking or lottery number guessing.:(

I had an "out of body" experience as a teenager. Happened when my girlfriend's dad knocked on the window of my car late one night.

"Out of the car, Longhair"
"Louise, you're comin' with me..."

Extraterrestrial UFO's, maybe. (There is life out there IMO... Probably even intelligent life... How intelligent?)

Ghost, NFW...

Last edited:
Toronto, late 1960s: At a party, and a friend, (East Indian heritage from South Africa), was saying that he had a 'premonition'.

He'd just told us that one of his tires was bald, and then said that he was booting along the highway and had a premonition that it was going to blow....which it did.

The consensus, delivered with hoots of laughter, was that there were no premonitions involved.

I have two ghosts in my home.
One has been around since we moved in. The second is the spirit of DW.

Fairly sure i occupied historic quarters with a ghost on an army base. It was a peaceful ghost

I don't believe in the paranormal but I was thinking of a couple of coincidences recently. That would make an interesting and more believable thread. I was into UFOs when Close Encounters came out, and I took out a book on witchcraft or something similar once as a kid. That's the closest I get with the paranormal.

I don't believe in the paranormal. James Randi had a million dollar prize for years for anyone who could prove it and no one could.

UFO's...probably. But any life intelligent enough to travel to our planet would not need to do so. They could learn all about us by listening and viewing our radio and TV signals that blast into space. There's no need to land on a deserted highway in the middle of the night.

Three strange occurrences.

When I was first married, our pet lizard was having a seizure which upset me. My then wife was at work and called to ask what was wrong.

When my then wife's grandmother died in Michigan, we were in Florida on vacation. We both turned to one another and said "Grandma just died". We soon found out that indeed she had died at that moment. I felt a warmth and her presence for an instant.

As I mentioned in another thread, we just lost our grandson. On the day he died, his mother got a text message from a friend who said she was meditating and got an urgent request to forward a message to her. At the time, the friend did not know who the message was from or that the grandson had died. The message was that his mother shouldn't worry and that he was at peace.

I'm not a believer in the paranormal, but these occurrences make me wonder what we don't know.

I was always a skeptic of paranormal activity. Then one day while hiking solo in Sedona, Arizona, I experienced a whirling, whooshing sensation just above my head. No winds or birds nearby. Totally calm. It lasted only a few seconds.

Sedona is known for its vortexes. I always thought it was bs. But it is real. Maybe electromagnetic forces. Maybe something else.

BTW, RIP James Randi. I was looking for that thread like two days ago and there was none.

As a kid in college, I met quite a few UFO abductees and to be honest, i would not trust them to get coffee. Although one man in a famous Arizona case in the 1970's certainly seemed believalbe.

Travis Walton, by any chance ?

I attended a talk and spoke with the physicist and noted UFOlogist Stanton Friedman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanton_T._Friedman) once.

If anyone could convince you, it was him.

BTW, RIP James Randi. I was looking for that thread like two days ago and there was none.

I was going to post one but got distracted and then forgot :LOL:

There's a documentary about him on Amazon Prime called "An Honest Liar"

Ever since I was a kid in high school I have been interested in things like UFOs, Bigfoot, ghosts, etc. yet I can honestly say I have never had any type of paranormal experience (with the possible exception of a beloved aunt coming to me in a dream). As a kid in college, I met quite a few UFO abductees and to be honest, i would not trust them to get coffee. Although one man in a famous Arizona case in the 1970's certainly seemed believalbe. Anyway, has anyone had any type of paranormal ecpereince they would like to share? I want to believe.....

I've always had an interest in paranormal experiences. I've had several visits from those deceased in dreams. Like when love ones pass away, they visit to say things like they are okay now, no longer in pain. Guess this is a pretty common thing for may people and cultures. But are they true visitations or just dreams?

As for other type of experiences, I can't say that I've experienced any first hand.

I had a discussion with a friend during a drive talking about ghosts and spirits. She was more on the side of one that doubts they exist. Then I asked does she believe in a divine being and she does. Of course, she goes to church on a regular basis. I bet there are other skeptics who believe in a divine being but not ghosts and spirits. For me, if one can believe in a divine being, then a belief other spiritual beings isn't that far a stretch.

I find the topic fascinating like how quantum theory plays a part. I'm sure others can explain better. But that energy can't be destroyed. Only change in state. We are beings made out of energy. So when we no longer exist in this world, then were did the energy go?

Like the OP, I would kind of like to have first hand experience rather than just an interest. Or not .. :( if the first hand experience freaks me out :).

Last edited:
Interesting experience as a young kid. Mom had a friend that had a table. It was something like a Ouija board. The adults would sit around it and chant something (I forget what), their finger tips were on the table. The table would lean up on two legs and then knock in response to questions. Basically tap once for yes and twice for no. Of course, I didn't think of this as anything other than a parlor trick, but one time my mom let me sit at the table. I don't know what it was, but there's no doubt in my mind then or now that I felt an electric charge run through my fingers. I have no idea what I had experienced, but it was real enough and freaky enough that even at a young age, I wanted no part of it. In time, the stories got worse to the point where I remember my mom talking to her friend about the table being locked in the basement because it was moving around on it's own. Now of course, there's all kinds of suspicion about something like this, but these were average, intelligent people and they were freaked out and ultimately scared.

So, I have no interest in any of that stuff, but I don't dismiss anything out of hand. I don't go looking for it either. That was an interesting time in a young kids life.

I attended a talk and spoke with the physicist and noted UFOlogist Stanton Friedman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanton_T._Friedman) once.

If anyone could convince you, it was him.

Never met him in person but have heard him on the 'Coast to Coast' radio show, he use to be a regular on it and probably still is, haven't listened to it in years. Didn't find him very convincing on that show, some serious whack jobs in that crowd IMO. Some of these guys are fairly smart so always wondered if they actually believe the BS they're pushing or if there's another angle (money) they're working.

Myself and two buddies went from Michigan to Cape Cod summer before our senior year in high school.

In the tent at night, One of the guys kept on mumbling in his sleep. Over three nights, he revealed he was Ramon Gonzalez, a Spanish general. He spoke and replayed his death, scaring me as his eyes fluttered and the breath was snatched out of him when he was stabbed by what he thought was his loyal assistant. He then thanked us for letting him tell his story. My buddy fell asleep, but woke later violently ill. We had a tape player, but it wouldn’t work when we tried to record him.

Was he putting us on? Could be. But this guy loved his sleep.

Interesting thread....so much to go into, but I have to agree that if one is a believer in God, all teachings I know of lead to life after death in some form. I have many experiences to relate to, many extraordinary to say the least. Hard to share publicly, but to answer the OP, yes. Probably this is a similar area to political opinion and best not expressed.

Never met him in person but have heard him on the 'Coast to Coast' radio show, he use to be a regular on it and probably still is, haven't listened to it in years. Didn't find him very convincing on that show, some serious whack jobs in that crowd IMO. Some of these guys are fairly smart so always wondered if they actually believe the BS they're pushing or if there's another angle (money) they're working.

He's dead. So if you do hear him again you can take it as definitive proof of the afterlife..... :cool:

No such stuff as paranormal activity, just a failure to understand what's going on.
About aliens, Leo Szilard a physicist said:

"
Leó Szilárd, who jokingly suggested that Hungary was a front for aliens from Mars, used this term. In an answer to the question of why there is no evidence of intelligent life beyond Earth despite the high probability of it existing, Szilárd responded: "They are already here among us – they just call themselves Hungarians." This account is featured in György Marx's book The Voice of the Martians."

The above from Vikipedia.

Edit add: Of course there was also the real life E. T. -Edward Teller :)

Carry on!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom