Parents Estate-

Status
Not open for further replies.

But wouldn't you want to get an accounting of the funds as Rodi's DH does? It seems that this would make everything so much more transparent and thus avoid misunderstandings / hurt feelings/ and ultimately severed family relationships.

-gauss

p.s. I see this going on as we speak in DW's family so I may be a bit close to this issue right now. DGMIL (grandmother-in-law?) died just recently.

Last edited:
Lancelot -
I do not want to come across as picking on you. You obviously feel wronged and angry. It is a shame your sister did not provide the financial transparency and give you feedback about the issues/work/etc with your father.

I do not belittle the year you spent in caretaker role. That is significant.

But wouldn't you want to get an accounting of the funds as Rodi's DH does? It seems that this would make everything so much more transparent and thus avoid misunderstandings / hurt feelings/ and ultimately severed family relationships.

-gauss

p.s. I see this going on as we speak in DW's family so I may be a bit close to this issue right now. DGMIL (grandmother-in-law?) died just recently.

Ideally, yes. But if the one doing the care taking also has to take time out to detail expenses - well, that might just not be top priority if most of their free time is already spoken for with the care giving. It weighs heavily, I hardly blame someone for not feeling like filling out 'expense reports' after a long day of care giving - you can be beat, and just need some down time, not spreadsheet time.

As youbet mentioned, the ones with the questions can come in and provide a break to the caregiver so they can work on the books. Suddenly, not such a big deal, huh?

-ERD50

Thread closed at OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom