PB4WEGO plate recalled

I've always thought pb4uski had something to do with beer (brewski)!

I thought pb4uski had something to do with "Ruski" (Russkies) at first. Somebody said something that caused the p-enny to drop for me. It wasn't an actual explanation, just a remark of some kind and "Click!"

There's a certain irony to this happening in the "Live Free or Die" state.

Yes, yes it is.
Sad actually.

But saying something out of turn or against conventional leanings is now classified as "verbal assault".
Get ready to bow down to governmental nonsense.
Or not!

Last edited:
When we lived in MD there were two middle-aged Lincoln Continentals (I never saw either driver) parked next to each other in the driveway with the vanity plates TAB A and SLOT B. I figured they must belong to a pair of engineers....:)

When we lived in MD there were two middle-aged Lincoln Continentals (I never saw either driver) parked next to each other in the driveway with the vanity plates TAB A and SLOT B. I figured they must belong to a pair of engineers....:)

So, a pair of engineers wanted to get NULL and VOID. Not a good idea!

The NULL plate actually landed him in some sort of DMV hell.

Read the article linked above. It is really interesting. Basically, all the crap problems of the state where issues occurred and they didn't have a plate (NULL) got attached to this guy's DMV account, even encumbering him from re-registering his car! Sounds like a fake story, but I'm going to assume Wired is not pulling a joke here.

To many computers, null is the void.That setup also has a brutal punch line—one that left Tartaro at one point facing $12,049 of traffic fines wrongly sent his way. He’s still not sure if he’ll be able to renew his auto registration this year without paying someone else's tickets. And thanks to the Kafkaesque loop he’s caught in, it’s not clear if the citations will ever stop coming.

My favorite vanity plate was one I saw many years ago on a North Carolina car. That state has as its tagline (at least at the time, not sure if it holds today), "First in Flight," referring to the Wright Brothers. The vanity plate read, "LAST N PAY" so I guess the car's owner wasn't earning much money.

So, a pair of engineers wanted to get NULL and VOID. Not a good idea!

The NULL plate actually landed him in some sort of DMV hell.

Read the article linked above. It is really interesting. Basically, all the crap problems of the state where issues occurred and they didn't have a plate (NULL) got attached to this guy's DMV account, even encumbering him from re-registering his car! Sounds like a fake story, but I'm going to assume Wired is not pulling a joke here.

DH and I were just talking about this yesterday. Before he even got to the punch line I said "let me guess, he got assigned every ticket where the cop wrote down the wrong plate #." This guy works in the field of online security and he's lived in CA long enough to have had some dealings with the DMV (which has been failing at technology modernization projects for 25 years now) and he couldn't predict that they wouldn't know the difference between NULL and "NULL"? I don't see how this kind of publicity is going to do any good for his future career prospects.

The whole thing reminded me of this classic xkcd comic.

exploits_of_a_mom.png

Truth be known, the first time I saw it I was in the water with a slalom ski on behind a powerboat with that name.

You told me that a couple of years ago at our lunch get together, and I still didn't get it until today. Doh!

I'm still sad that VA got rid of the best vanity plate ever. No sense of humor allowed in this country anymore.

17bhqnte7umg8jpg.jpg

Well I got a laugh out of the last two posts!

You really have to put your nerd on to laugh at Bobby Droptables, but the VA plate is just plain funny sick.

My dad used to swear he'd once seen the license plate (back when they had fewer letters and numbers on them):

4Q27X

He said it had to be a joke since nobody could do it that often. My sister and I could not figure this out and Mom and Dad wouldn't tell us.

I heard on the local (Boston) TV news tonight that NH has relented and PB4WEGO will live to see another day! Apparently even the guv was involved in the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
It's based on your innate ability to see the hidden meaning.
All you who say you just now got PB4, I suppose my effort above was completely wasted. :)

In that case, I suppose no one got my "European" reference? Or was it too obvious?

And for those still wondering about the above...

your-in-nate ability... get it now?

While I did 'get' pb4uski long ago, I admit that sometimes the 'pb' hits me as 'peanut butter', and 'uski' does bring to mind Russian/Polish or 'brew-ski'. I guess it's just how it strikes you, kinda like those optical illusions of the faces or the chalice, or the box that is pointing in or out?

-ERD50

In that case, I suppose no one got my "European" reference? Or was it too obvious?

And for those still wondering about the above...

your-in-nate ability... get it now?

While I did 'get' pb4uski long ago, I admit that sometimes the 'pb' hits me as 'peanut butter', and 'uski' does bring to mind Russian/Polish or 'brew-ski'. I guess it's just how it strikes you, kinda like those optical illusions of the faces or the chalice, or the box that is pointing in or out?

-ERD50

I got your-in-nate and European.

What prize do I win? :LOL:

Well, this has been an entertaining thread, even if they get to keep their vanity plate.

omni

Use to race around with a Lambo with the plate B LO ME.
He got away with it.

I'm not seeing how "PB4USKI" makes any sense for water skiing, even if you're wearing a wetsuit. Snow skiing, yes.

Back
Top Bottom