Piers Morgan is the new Larry King

He is widely hated in the UK. The leading UK satirical magazine, Private Eye, calls him "Piers Moron". He was narrowly not implicated in an insider trading / stock promotion affair a few years ago and was fired as editor of a major tabloid after publishing photos allegedly showing British troops mistreating Iraqi prisoners, which - unlike Abu Ghrain - turned out to be fakes.

Check out this movie trailer with Cher. Yeah, I know she's had some "work done". But dang, 64 and still smokin':)

She's amazing! But I'll bet she feels like she's every bit of 64 after finishing her shows. :LOL: That looks tiring. :)

It always amazes me when movie celebrities get old - - they seem suspended in time, on the silver screen, but Father Time catches up with them eventually.

Here's how much he's loved in the UK, from the Daily Mash, a UK "The Onion-a-like". Parental advisory: linked page contains much profanity.

I like Piers. I never watched Larry King and won't watch him, though.

BigNick, everyone knows The Onion is a totally fake paper. Is The Daily Mash also?

Why do those Brits have to take over everything?

I always found Larry to be a decent enough guy, but he never asked any questions designed to elicit anything the guest wouldn't want to reveal anyway. LK show was primarily the guest's show, not Larry's show. So, in terms of learning anything important (say, how a candidate for President planed to take money from me) he was useless. Occasionally, he would interview a "personality" that I found interesting enough to watch. Rare, though.

The new guy? Never heard of him, don't care, unlikely I'll watch. I'd rather watch reruns than the usual LK (or soon, PM) stuff. But hey, if he puts his wife on, I might watch.

One thought: Couldn't they find any "local" talent to fill LKs shoes? We're already exporting all the mfg. jobs. :LOL:

I like Piers. I never watched Larry King and won't watch him, though.

BigNick, everyone knows The Onion is a totally fake paper. Is The Daily Mash also?

Nothing like some daily mash...

Attachments

• jug_306.jpg
    jug_306.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 0
I've never seen Larry King's show. I won't start to watch now. Piers has been seen by millions of people on primetime network tv so he's very recognizable by most so he should get reasonable ratings. I don't even now when or where the show airs and don't care to look it up.

I suggest you read a few articles at random and make up your own mind. ;)

I always found Larry to be a decent enough guy, but he never asked any questions designed to elicit anything the guest wouldn't want to reveal anyway. LK show was primarily the guest's show, not Larry's show. So, in terms of learning anything important (say, how a candidate for President planed to take money from me) he was useless.
About 6 weeks before the last UK election, Piers Morgan did a long interview with Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister who was deeply unpopular. One of the reasons for this was that he was seen as very aloof. So the interview was all about Gordon the Man, not Gordon the Politician. Pretty nauseating, but it sounds like he'll fit right in to Larry King's shoes.

He has a way to go before he can truly replace Larry. The man is only on his second wife, for crying out loud!

Me neither. Whos is Larry King?
A guy who's current wife looks like this (he upgrades them every so often; she's #7, or #8 if you double count Alene Akins, who he divorced/re-married):

Attachments

• 122501640-15093204.jpg
    122501640-15093204.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
Here's how much he's loved in the UK, from the Daily Mash, a UK "The Onion-a-like". Parental advisory: linked page contains much profanity.

Oh my! Hilarious....

Seriously, I truly cannot understand what CNN are thinking... they'll wake up soon and choose someone else. Or, he'll crash and burn very quickly... I'll give him a year, at most.

jj

Looks legit to me:

TYPICAL household goods including monocle grease and penny farthing oil have been removed from the basket of items used to measure inflation.

spats.jpg
The new basket will include a range of modern, everyday purchases including spats, violin cases and sheet music for Dixieland jazz.

Officials say they want to bring the consumer price index up to date without going so far as to include things that people actually buy.

A Treasury spokesman said: "There are two kinds of inflation. There's the inflation we talk about on the news, which generally hovers around the 2% mark.
"Then there's the inflation that you pay in the shops, and God only knows what that is."

And whats your beef with The Onion? Hard hitting well written journalism easily up to the standards of most of the other rags...

Thanks BigNick - good to have a number of sources to be sure my input is balanced.

Back
Top Bottom