Points of View On Violence in the NFL

Favre broke his ankle last game. He is out for the season, at least.

Favre broke his ankle last game. He is out for the season, at least.

He has 2 small fractures. He doesn't require surgery and has just a soft cast. He won't practice this week but i'd say there's at least a 50% he starts the next game. He may not finish but I think he'll start. He's better on one leg than any other quarterback on his team.

He was certainly better for the Packers on Sunday night with all those wounded ducks he threw straight into the arms of the Packer defense...

It wouldn't have been nearly that close if Favre wasn't in there. He's by far their best option. People often overlook the good and focus on the bad. There's far more good even when he's having a bad day.

I dont know many NFL players personally so I really dont know how much respect they deserve on many levels.I do know that alot of athletes,entertainers,polititions,priests,reverends,business folk,etc.get way way to much respect on many levels that they dont deserve.Priorities are screwed up in US.I played football in H.S.Enjoyed it and yes their were dirty players back then.Dont follow pro sports any more,if they all went under it would be OK with me.

I guess in your mind we should just give them flags and not allow any tackling.

One of the kids on my younger son's FLAG football team took a helmet-to-helmet hit and got a concussion. The coaches on the other team high-fived the kid who made the hit. These coaches have been allowed to coach in this program for 3 years, and have been complained about for 3 years. It appears the money is more important to the rec dept than the safety of the kids.

Kids are not taught to lead with their head, AFAIK, but if they do, are not coached on how NOT to do that, as long as they make the play. With volunteer coaches, a lot of them dads who were not good athletes themselves, what kind of outcome can you expect? :nonono:

Was a golf club involved in this injury? :cool:

[sorry, couldn't resist :whistle:]

I heard he tripped in the dark over a table in the reporter's apartment, and that the tackle by the Packers just aggravated it..........:cool:

Kids are not taught to lead with their head, AFAIK, but if they do, are not coached on how NOT to do that, as long as they make the play. With volunteer coaches, a lot of them dads who were not good athletes themselves, what kind of outcome can you expect? :nonono:
Any coaches who encourage dirty play and cheating should be kicked out of youth sports.

I dont know many NFL players personally so I really dont know how much respect they deserve on many levels.I do know that alot of athletes,entertainers,polititions,priests,reverends,business folk,etc.get way way to much respect on many levels that they dont deserve.Priorities are screwed up in US.I played football in H.S.Enjoyed it and yes their were dirty players back then.Dont follow pro sports any more,if they all went under it would be OK with me.
Like it or not, it's the market and it is what it is. As soon as 80,000 people are willing to pay $50 a seat to listen to a teacher/professor lecture or to watch a police officer do her job, and as soon as advertisers will buy ad space so the networks can offer millions of dollars to televise it, maybe things will change.

Why good heavens! The author of that hit was none other than LT, who is now under indictment for having unlawful sex with a 16 year old prostitute.

Ha

[-]That's unlawful?[/-]

Shocked, I tell ya!

Back
Top Bottom