Political Telemarketing

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Every year we have to endure more and more political ads on the telephone. Most are pre-recorded.

Of course there should be a law against this, but the politicians are the ones that this law would hurt, so I guess they're not going to vote for a law like that.

When I'm away from town, I have to pay to hear the messages on my answering machine.

End of rant.

...your rant continued...As 11/7 gets closer I have begun receiving 3-4 calls per day, most are a recording. I listen to 3 words and hang up.

It is an insult to my inteligence for me to beleive that these politicians and pol-wanabees actually think that I would vote for them on the basis of a 3 second recording (I actually do not know how long they are, as 3 seconds is all I can take)!!! Bumber stickers are more effective, but not much.

I am beginning to believe that you must have a deficiency in gray matter in order to run for office.

BTW.......Did you know that in a democracy your vote counts, but that under
feudalism, your count votes? :)

JG

Man, right now we're up to about one political telemarketing call every half hour.

Wow! That's annoying. I had eight messages on my voicemail yesterday, but have not had a single call today, sort of strange!

TromboneAl said:
Man, right now we're up to about one political telemarketing call every half hour.

Since getting rid of our land line and going cell only a few months ago, we've gotten zero. And I sure don't miss them.

TromboneAl said:

All they want to do is help you make up your mind about a very important upcoming decision. You should be grateful :LOL:

They've all be recordings. If I get a live person, boy is he or she going to get an earful.

I'd like to talk to the imbecile that actually lets these calls make a difference in his thinking!

Geez! Everyone complains that their representatives aren't keeping in touch with the people. Then, when they TRY to keep in touch, everyone gets upset. ;)

The electorate is a fickle bunch.

Gee, you folks are getting unwanted political messages on your answering machine. Here in Chicago, our political machine has all votes well locked up and there are no annoying calls.

Get with it. Get you political houses organized and in order and avoid all this competitive crap with opposition parties fighting for your vote.

So far I've had a call from Billy Jean King, Hillary, Robert Redford, Bill (He's to blame for everything bad that happens in a Republican administration), and Diane Finestein. I'm still waiting on Jerry Brown though. I kind of enjoy hanging up on all of them, fantisizing that maybe it wasn't a recording after all. Seems like they are preaching to the choir though. A couple of years ago I got a live call from a congresswomen candidate herself. We had a nice talk and she got my vote.

They've all be recordings.

Most of mine have been recordings also (see 3 second comment above) however I received a live call yesterday from a Kinky Friedman for TX governor phone worker. She had a real sexy voice and I spoke to her about 5 minutes (I had bunch of time to kill) about all kinds of stuff that was not related to Kinky (UT senior, major economics, single, DDD sororety, no current BF, likes to party, Shiner Bock is her fav beer, etc). Pretty enjoyable convestaions, until at the end when I revealed that I had already voted early on Wed. She said "Oh, ok, Bye".

And she is gone forever. 8)

Amazingly, we haven't had a single political call this year. It really wouldn't matter anyway, as they would just get my secretary answering machine and then we would listen intently to their every word just delete the message without even listening to a word of it! :D

My DH was whining about the calls. I reminded him that our ballots had just been mailed, that if we had done that task sooner we would have been taken off the call list.

No calls, but I hadn't opened the front door in a couple of days (we go through the garage) and when I opened it from the inside I jumped out of my skin when 30 lbs. of flyers went "WUMP" onto the porch from every political person/party/PAC in the state! The nice touch was the Jehova's Witness flyer on top saying, "THE END OF FALSE RELIGION IS NEAR!". "Yep!" I thought, "Nov. 8th!". ;)

Mr._johngalt said:
BTW.......Did you know that in a democracy your vote counts, but that under
feudalism, your count votes? :)

I've heard of "your count votes." it's called the electoral college--always seemed a bit feudalistic

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom