Poll: How Many Scam Cold Calls Do You Get Per Day?

How Many Scam/Robo Cold Calls Do You Get Per Day?

• None

Votes: 46 40.4%

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • 2-3

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • 4-5

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • More!

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters
No idea. I do not answer blocked calls or calls that I do not recognize the number. Could be scams, charities, surveys, whatnot.

Sometimes I might get several in a day, then go for days without receiving one.

They are all the same to me, major PITA and not worth my while to answer.

Answering the call only encourages them and keeps you on the sucker call list.

Last edited:
Less than 1 per day. Maybe 2 or 3 per week but maybe only 1 per month that actually rings. The rest are automatically blocked. We have no landline.

Over the past few years I was getting 3 or 4, (sometimes more) a day. Then I started either laughing at the callers (when it was a real person) or I just kept saying hello, hello, hello, (like I couldn't hear them) and they would hang up. Auto/robo calls I'd just hang up immediately.

Anyway, now I get about 1 or 2 a week, at the most.

I chose zero as there's not an option to choose between 0-1.

My phones (ooma and mobile) are accept/whitelisted where only those on my list go through automatically. Callers not on list go directly to my voice mails. Phones don't ring unless on whitelist. Occasionally a real scam person leaves voicemail or just leaves dead air but this is less than once a day.

Without accept/whitelist based blocking, calls would drive me crazy as then that's a game of whack-a-mole with scammers.

Last edited:
I get a couple a day. My phone has a "screen call" feature that most of them encounter.

The ones that are most annoying lately are those that say they are calling from a PAC for breast cancer, veterans, etc. They are using some kind of voice recognition/AI to ask for donations to a PAC that lobbies politicians...

I am fairly certain this is to get around the spam call penalties that exclude PACs. Hopefully Congress acts soon to eliminate the PAC exclusion. Yeah, that's gonna happen!

ETA: If I'm bored I will often answer these calls and respond as if I am making a donation only to try to get to a human then become incredibly abusive to them. My theory is that if these people running these annoying operations have trouble keeping employees, that's good for all of us!

Last edited:
My 'land line' is on Ooma ((VOIP). I used to get a lot of scam calls so I upgraded to their Premier service for call blocking, and now I get only a couple of calls per week. Well worth the small cost of their premier service.

2 years ago I was getting more than 5 bogus calls per day. Now it’s 1 or 2, and some days none. Average I’d say 1

Since this poll was taken my spam calles have risen to at least 4 per day. Now they all have caller ID info, which is bogus.

Well it’s almost 0 so I voted 0. Maybe 1 a month or less.

I don’t answer unless I recognize the number or am expecting a local call.

They almost never leave a message.

My last one was Feb 20th, but I had gotten one the day before as well, from different caller ID phone numbers, neither in my home area code. Also, my phone automatically blocked them as spam. It's been a while since I got an unknown / spam call from my own area code as used to happen pretty regularly, so maybe those new systems put into place as mentioned earlier in the thread are blocking those.

It varies...I think.

Sometimes none, sometimes several.

Why I only think? Because I never answer an unrecognized call.

I very seldom have a message from any of those unidentified calls that I do not pick up. They could be anything.

Same routine with mail. Never makes it past the recycle bin if I do not recognize the sender.

Unimaginable how many free cruises, free trips, unbeleivble investment offers that I may have missed. Not to mention new windows, duct cleaning, or vacation clubs.

Scam Likely is the most frequent entry in my call log! (But I hardly use the phone, so that's still not a ton of calls)

I get 1 or 2 a day now. I took out my landline last month because that was about all I was getting. I would avg. about 5 per day on it.

My spam phone calls fell drastically after I started the call saying "Do I have permission to record this call for the FCC?".

Reduce spam on wireless

ActiveArmor (free version) from AT&T blocks many of my spam calls

My phone is set to ring only if the caller is from my contact list. All other calls go to voicemail. If there is a genuine person trying to reach me, he/she will leave a voicemail. I have not picked up a scam call since I made this change.

I answered zero because most days I get none on either the land line or the cell phone. I will often go weeks between those junk calls on the land line. With the cell phone, it's maybe a week tops between calls, then I'll get 2 or 3 in one day. Overall, I'd still say it's closer to zero than 1 call per day on the 2 lines combined.

I voted none. I estimate 1 or 2 calls per year but I really have no clue since my phone only rings for numbers in my contact list. I do get 8 or so unidentified calls per day but they are mostly telemarketers selling home improvement services that include spoofed numbers from all over the USA. I do think the scammers are starting to leave messages now that imply a family member is involved in some mysterious legal action.

I get a 3-5 each day on my cell phone (no land line) and let them go to voice mail if they are not in my list of contacts. Rarely is a message left. I always block and delete. If I am expecting a call from someone/business not on my list I will screen the call. Usually they hang up.

Not calls but I get probably 6 or more text messages from political entities. I've been replying stop to most of these but I know it won't stop them.

Not calls but I get probably 6 or more text messages from political entities. I've been replying stop to most of these but I know it won't stop them.

These seem to have replaced the spam calls that I used to get. And they are annoying and from both sides of the aisle.

My phone is set to route any callers who are not in my address book to voicemail. VERY few of these spam callers will bother to leave messages. That said, I probably get 10 such calls a day.

Back
Top Bottom