Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Environmental degradation/global warming

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • What me worry?

Votes: 21 24.1%

• Total voters
I voted for the environment as the thing I most worry about. And the reason I worry is NOBODY appears to give a rats *** about it. I try and keep my energy consumption to a minimum, I can make a tank of gas last better than 50 days, I install CFL's in our most used light fixtures to save a few watts and a few bucks too.

Then I see stuff like this and I get the feeling most people don't give a crap about saving any energy and reducing our carbon output. Here it is 11:30 at night when most businesses are closed and I find car lots lit up like it's daytime, car lots filled with SUV's and gas guzzlers that nobody wants to buy. Lights on in the Lowes parking lot when they have been closed for almost 2 hours.

Does anybody really care? I imagine a few do but for the most part it's just something to talk about and read in the news. :(

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 6
I worry about not having enough time for everything I want to do.

I've got to stop adding to my "Things to do Before I Die" list.

Zombies worry me a lot. I mean it's just not the whole devouring human flesh thing, but where do they go to the bathroom? I don't want to be picking up after them in my yard! What if they knock and ask to use my bathroom and then try to eat my brains instead? It would not be very nice!

Maybe even worse than zombies would be extra terrestrials. I don't even want to think about what the currency conversion would look like for the dollar then.

I voted for the environment as the thing I most worry about. And the reason I worry is NOBODY appears to give a rats *** about it. I try and keep my energy consumption to a minimum, I can make a tank of gas last better than 50 days, I install CFL's in our most used light fixtures to save a few watts and a few bucks too.

Then I see stuff like this and I get the feeling most people don't give a crap about saving any energy and reducing our carbon output. Here it is 11:30 at night when most businesses are closed and I find car lots lit up like it's daytime, car lots filled with SUV's and gas guzzlers that nobody wants to buy. Lights on in the Lowes parking lot when they have been closed for almost 2 hours.

Does anybody really care? I imagine a few do but for the most part it's just something to talk about and read in the news. :(

But think of the amount of energy that is used if someone gets shot or in an accident because the lights were out! What about the cost to Lowes as a deterrent that the lights are on and the police have well lighted areas to patrol!

Oh the humanity!

No I dont care really. Ill die in a couple decades if Im lucky. Let the next generation take care of it ;)

But think of the amount of energy that is used if someone gets shot or in an accident because the lights were out! What about the cost to Lowes as a deterrent that the lights are on and the police have well lighted areas to patrol!

Oh the humanity!

No I dont care really. Ill die in a couple decades if Im lucky. Let the next generation take care of it ;)

Ever hear the term, "Meaner than a junkyard dog"? Moats and alligators would go a long way to curing any "five finger" discount problems late at night. Just post a sign saying "If you are found here at night, you will be found here in the morning". :D

Accidents? Just what were you doing in Lowes parking lot at 3 am?

Ever hear the term, "Meaner than a junkyard dog"? Moats and alligators would go a long way to curing any "five finger" discount problems late at night. Just post a sign saying "If you are found here at night, you will be found here in the morning". :D

Accidents? Just what were you doing in Lowes parking lot at 3 am?

Hey I agree. Unfortunately you know how that goes. Junk yard dog bites thief. Thief sues and wins.

Patriots needing to get back and win the Super Bowl this time... anxiety over football season.

The sheep is doing well, thanks for asking! 4" laceration to her chest and the vet came out on Sunday afternoon to sew her up, right in the yard on an old flannel sheet with my casserole dish full of betadine and hot water for his instruments. I love my vet!
Daily dressing changes and an IM injection of antibiotics, so hopefully she will pull through without an infection. Emily is 14 years old, which is pretty old for a sheep! That is her on the right, Tess is the white one.

And um, the zombies using the bathroom...that is hysterical! Thanks!

Attachments

• Sheep.JPG
    Sheep.JPG
    510.1 KB · Views: 1
7 billion people + peak oil
Personally I consider the energy issue to be tied into national security. In this day and age a nation can't be secure without a secure and sufficient energy supply.

With heavy dependence on other nations -- especially when many of them don't like you -- it's much easier to be taken down without having a single shot fired at you. So I very much see the energy issue as a national security and sovereignty issue.

I worry that a comet could strike the earth, snuffing out most lifeforms, and releasing from the earth's core a flesh-eating bacterium, which would consume all remaining life, releasing a toxic cloud of sulfuric acid, which would affect the earth's rotation, causing the moon to leave it's orbit and spiral toward the sun, causing a cataclysmic fission reaction, resulting in the sun going supernova, which would affect my TV reception...

I worry that a comet could strike the earth, snuffing out most lifeforms, and releasing from the earth's core a flesh-eating bacterium, which would consume all remaining life, releasing a toxic cloud of sulfuric acid, which would affect the earth's rotation, causing the moon to leave it's orbit and spiral toward the sun, causing a cataclysmic fission reaction, resulting in the sun going supernova, which would affect my TV reception...

After the "consume all remaining life" part, I don't think you need to worry about the rest.

Hey I agree. Unfortunately you know how that goes. Junk yard dog bites thief. Thief sues and wins.
That's why I'd opt for option #2.....
....... Moats and alligators would go a long way to curing any "five finger" discount problems late at night.
A junk yard dog just bites & maims....and maybe kills, but leaves a body of evidence after the attack. But a gator......or several.......they're not in it for biting and maiming.....they're in it for DINNER!!! Body?....what body?
"If you are found here at night, you will be found here in the morning"
.....in the form of gator poop! :D

Back
Top Bottom