Recent Photo

This Halloween, my granddaughter didn't think we should be without costume, so she took the initiative. (Even though it is obvious) I am a lion and she is a tiger. She didn't forget the fingernails, either.

Attachments

• P1010055.jpg
    P1010055.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 38
  • P1010050.jpg
    P1010050.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 35
This Halloween, my granddaughter didn't think we should be without costume, so she took the initiative. (Even though it is obvious) I am a lion and she is a tiger. She didn't forget the fingernails, either.

So cute!

Very nice image, Michael. You are very lucky!

Picture of my foursome from last weeks corporate golf tournament. The weather does not get much better than what we had that day. Now you just have to figure out which one is me:LOL:

Guessing you're the second from the left. Handsome bunch of dudes.

Beautiful! You make a mighty fine lookin' lion and she's a fabulous tiger. Of course, I am partial to felines ;)

Gratefully stolen from ArmyWifeNetwork.com.

If you immediately recognized these Christmas ornaments then you're probably from a military family.

If you have no idea what these are, then you might never understand...

Attachments

• Military Christmas tree ornaments.jpg
    Military Christmas tree ornaments.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 32
Nords, they look like stickers from luggage maybe? Receipts that are attached to stuff when you move, maybe?
No military family except my sister's husband who is reserves but was called up a few years ago to go to Germany for a year.

Alas, all too recognizable. Inventory stickers. The movers put one on each box, and the numbers correspond to line items on the inventory sheets describing (very, very approximately) the contents of the box.

As a 2nd Lt, my boss's wife told me to expect that on every move, roughly 10% of my household goods would be lost, stolen, or damaged, and I would never recover anything but a tiny fraction of that from making a claim. She was dead on.

Our last move was in 1986 and we still have boxes in the attic with those stickers on them.

Wow, so I was close. And it sure helps me understand the lack of retirement wanderlust of the military retirees. We've moved a few times, but just across town, and always with our own plus a friend's pickup truck.

Well, that's quite a creative idea for those stickers....I have many in many colors still stuck to my furniture.....

We finally got rid of the last box that had one on it a few years ago. And my last PCS was quite a while ago. Never actually lost anything on a move, but there were always some broken dishes or glassware.

This sight instantly caused a jarring feeling in my stomach! We are not military but nonetheless PCS every couple years. I am almost constantly pulling those stickers off of our stuff. When I hit the point where I've got them all, it's time to move again . . .

Gratefully stolen from ArmyWifeNetwork.com.

If you immediately recognized these Christmas ornaments then you're probably from a military family.

If you have no idea what these are, then you might never understand...

This sight instantly caused a jarring feeling in my stomach! We are not military but nonetheless PCS every couple years. I am almost constantly pulling those stickers off of our stuff. When I hit the point where I've got them all, it's time to move again . . .

I still found some 30 years later, "hidden" underneath chairs and such.

I presently have about 30 boxes and other un-boxed items with these stickers on them.

No one want's to see a photo of me but I'd thought I'd use this thread to update the old timers. Back in the day when we found out we were haven't our second daughter, I actually put a poll up here with our top 10 names for a vote. Olivia won! Well, she's growing up quick, as are the other two!

Attachments

• Lia Kung Fu.jpg
    Lia Kung Fu.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Lia Surf 2.png
    Lia Surf 2.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Lia Surf.png
    Lia Surf.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 22
Yeeps, only three per post? The others:

Attachments

• Girls Hawaii.jpg
    Girls Hawaii.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Ella Smiles.jpg
    Ella Smiles.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Tori smiles.jpg
    Tori smiles.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 31
Love the photos...man, time is going by so quickly! (yep, I'm one of the old timers)

..and I love your new avatar laurence. :greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom