Relative Asked for Recommendation, Think I Just Gave Her Paralysis by Anaylsis

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got an email from my sister who said her step daughter is looking to own her first home. So, my sister asked for a recommendation on a vacuum sealer knowing I'm into those sort of things.

So, I asked a few questions like her price range, features wanted and came up with a list about 6 different sealers of various prices and features to let her choose.

Got an email back from her saying, too many choices, she may end up just getting a gift card.

Now, got me thinking, should I have just said "Get a Foodsaver" and walked away, yet knowing that the recipient might be disappointed and with my experience, the performance of Foodsavers are inconsistent.

Now, got me thinking, should I have just said "Get a Foodsaver" and walked away, yet knowing that the recipient might be disappointed and with my experience, the performance of Foodsavers are inconsistent.

Giving recommendations on kitchen stuff is asking to be the bad guy. I would have pleaded "no knowledge" and said read Amazon reviews.

Agreed. Especially since anyone can get a lemon or buy one that is made specifically for the factory outlet stores to look like the normal retail product.

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking, she had a Foodsaver in mind (her husband really goes with brand names) so didn't like my answer as I told her, I'm not too keen on Foodsavers.

I eventually did suggest one item from the list to narrow down for her. But I bet she will end up getting a gift card :LOL:.

Back
Top Bottom