Retirement U(niversity)

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This spin off is inspired by another thread about intellectual stimulation and maybe living near a college:

Quote from: SoonToRetire on Today at 04:51:11 AM
I don't know if there is such a setting for retirees, but I'm still searching. I suppose searching is in itself intellectual stimulation. If anyone knows of such a place, I would appreciate knowing about it.

So folks, what do you think, is there a group of us ER types to start a community college or open university course on ‘early retirement’ or living after retirement? A place where folks can drop in (not drop out :D) when they want; with a leader like some of the great moderators here and maybe even a syllabus with some of our favorite ER books. Essentially what I am looking for is this board but with bricks & mortar & bodies.
How could this get started?

What do you think this Forum is? Couldn't the best of be required reading with on-line participation offered for further study?

Deserat

This board is an 'internet course in retirement' I just miss shooting the bull deep guided discussions with warm bodies. And imagine what would come out after a bunch of drinks sober reflection on the pictures of kids, toys & travels powerpoint presentations.

Back
Top Bottom