Solo Vacations

I think this is awful for her to do. I guess this is where her priorities lie? You need to have a sit down heart to heart talk with her. Maybe even counseling.

I would never do that to my husband and I don't even get why she would wa³nt to.[/QUOTE

So his DW isn't supposed to spend time with her birth family? The OP is open about the fact he doesn't enjoy the big family get togethers.. Remember they are both retired now. The takeaway from this is sit down early in the year and block off the days that work for couple trips and seeing family trips.

I think this is awful for her to do. I guess this is where her priorities lie? You need to have a sit down heart to heart talk with her. Maybe even counseling.

I would never do that to my husband and I don't even get why she would want to.[/QUOTE

So his DW isn't supposed to spend time with her birth family? The OP is open about the fact he doesn't enjoy the big family get togethers.. Remember they are both retired now. The takeaway from this is sit down early in the year and block off the days that work for couple trips and seeing family trips.

Of course, but what I was meaning is she should be taking his wishes into consideration also and make it work. Spending time with her husband for vacation should be a high priority. Especially when you know he is unhappy about this situation. Obviously a lack of communication and consideration involved here.

Of course she can...as can he. My read of this...going to see family is not the issue here. It's the apparent lack of communication between them regarding their conflicting plans.

Of course she can...as can he. My read of this...going to see family is not the issue here. It's the apparent lack of communication between them regarding their conflicting plans.

Yes but the OP has communicated he doesn't enjoy family time,,fair enough...the DW might think I can see my family without feeling guilty that he's not enjoying himself. You did notice I suggested they sit down every year and make their plans together?

Of course, but what I was meaning is she should be taking his wishes into consideration also and make it work. Spending time with her husband for vacation should be a high priority. Especially when you know he is unhappy about this situation. Obviously a lack of communication and consideration involved here.

Did you notice I mentioned pre planning trips and dates together...

Yes but the OP has communicated he doesn't enjoy family time,,fair enough...the DW might think I can see my family without feeling guilty that he's not enjoying himself. You did notice I suggested they sit down every year and make their plans together?

I did...just amplifying your response.

Back
Top Bottom