Something for you fishermen to consider...

I think I have my new tag line...

"You may be having a rough day, but at least you havent been hit by a large Asian carp"

Not as good as the bumper stickers the new england aquarium sold a few years ago. A little picture of a moray eel with the tag "At least you werent eaten today".

That sticker with its highly amusing alternate meaning found its way to many a bumper...

Martha said:
Nothing compared to big head carp in the Mississippi:

WOW, this is my kind of fishing. Minimim of foreplay before we can get down to the eating part.

Mikey

Sure, mount a small flamethrower to the front of the boat and just stand there in the middle of it with your mouth open...

These carp even are high in Omega -3 oils. Can you beat that?

M

As if adding insult, the carp will leave slime, blood and excrement on everything it touches.

Sounds like a roommate I had in college.

So size matters, but if you can get in and outta there quick with regular gear you're a-ok?

Got it. ;)

Since gonopodium size is highly variable among livebearing fish species — ranging from less than 20 percent of the body length to more than 70%.
Damn Martha, why did you have to bring this up? This is a pretty high bar for us human men to clear.  To be well endowed, sounds like we would need about 4 feet   :confused:
Mikey

I suppose I could fold it...

(you knew it was coming, and you probably guessed where it was coming from...)

Mikey

Four feet would certainly draw a crowd in a nudist colony.

Quid pro quo - so the fish equivalent of hooter's is :confused::confused:

Nothing compared to big head carp in the Mississippi:

http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/conmag/2004/07/20.htm

I know, a very old thread. But the asian carp continue to make their way up the Mississippi, wreaking havoc.

Invasive Asian carp found in Mississippi north of Iowa border - TwinCities.com

Bighead carp can grow to 100 pounds or more, with silver carp typically a bit smaller. Silver carp, however, leap out of the water when alarmed by the sound and action of engines and propellers and
have injured boaters throughout the central United States.

Wonder how they taste BBQ or deep fried.

Best carp recipe I have ever tried:

Fillet, marinate overnite in soy sauce and garlic, then place on a clear cedar board, cover with onions, garlic, celery and potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste, maybe a dash of liquid smoke. Roast in a slow oven (around 275degrees) for 2-3 hours until cooked thru. Then throw the carp away and eat the board.

Back
Top Bottom