The God Delusion

Eh. You cleave to your cherished beliefs that are not supported by a shred of evidence and I will cleave to mine. Its a waste of time to crap all over he other person's unsupported beliefs since yo won't change their views. Let's just get the fundies out of power before they legislate state-sponsored religion once and for all.

Wow, what a wonderful way to start a thread. I'm sure this isn't going to get ugly :-\

It's just sad that a person would devote their life's work to offending so many.

saluki9 said:
I'm sure this isn't going to get ugly  :-\

Heheh, wait untlil later after the booze has been flowng for a while.

Not for me, though. Gotaa be good while I fight this cold. :angel:

saluki9 said:
It's just sad that a person would devote their life's work to offending so many.

Do you feel the same way about Copernicus:confused:?? Einstein:confused:??   I am not suggesting Dawkins should be thought of in this league, but he is trying to find truth. I should be surprised you find that offensive.

I don't think he is trying to "find truth." He is mocking others to try and advance his own opinion and status.

FM, when you're a member of a small minority (atheists), your best tack is working for equal rights for minorities, not proving the other 95% wrong. Just saying.

saluki9 said:

You mean like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robinson and the Ku Klux Klan?

Google "Pastafarian". :LOL:

All religions have as much credibility as the Pastifarians.

Long live " The Noodly One".

Zipper said:
Google "Pastafarian". :LOL:

All religions have as much credibility as the Pastifarians.

Long live " The Noodly One".

Ramen.

JG, that's the funniest post I've ever read of yours.

Is this the new you??

F M All said:
This guy is absolutely right. Have read his earlier works and can't wait to get this one.  Nords, have you read it yet?
Nah, I can barely get through this part of Stephenson's "Snow Crash" or Scott Adams' books & blog on the subject.

I'm not very interested in corporate religion or the ID/Darwin debate.

It only interests me when "creation science" is taught in schools as somehow "fact-based"...

"The Flying Spaghetti Monster"(the Pastafarian Deity) deserves as much class time as the god in intelligent design.

Not for me, though.  Gotaa be good while I fight this cold.  
brewer: au contraire, mon amie. to one cup of hot tea, add a shot of irish whiskey and one tablespoon each of honey and lemon juice. repeat as necessary.

Thanks for the link to the Pastafarians - very humorous. I liked the Pastafarian belief that Global Warming is a direct result of the worldwide reduction in the number of Pirates on the Earth:

Global-warming.jpg

There is a lot more than 17 pirates. :confused: Go to SE Asia.

dmpi said:
There is a lot more than 17 pirates. :confused: Go to SE Asia.

It's tongue in cheek, like much of what the Pastafarians "believe".

According to the Pastafarian belief system, pirates are "absolute divine beings" and the original Pastafarians. Their image as "thieves and outcasts" is all misinformation spread by Christian theologians of the Middle Ages. In reality, Pastafarianism says that they were "peace-loving explorers and spreaders of good will" who would distribute candy to children.

The inclusion of pirates into Flying Spaghetti Monsterism was part of Henderson's original letter to the Kansas School Board, as a way of illustrating that correlation does not equal causation. In it, Henderson puts forth the argument that "global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of pirates since the 1800s."[3] A chart accompanying the letter shows that as the number of pirates decreased, global temperatures increased, bringing attention to the fact that things with statistically significant correlations are nevertheless not necessarily related.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom