Thinking of dumping phone land lines...

I read the article, but there is no "Location" under "Settings" on my cell at all. Any other idea what it might be called?
Sorry, I haven't had a cell phone since before they could take pictures. In this department I'm completely clueless.

i read the article, but there is no "location" under "settings" on my cell at all. Any other idea what it might be called?

Check under "WTFRU?"

Another plug for ooma ... it's already paid for itself (NO monthly/annual fee). Had one problem ... turned out the hub was fried (powersurge/lightning strike?). Four hours with Biff and Buffy before I got to a senior tech rep who could - no kidding - see the digits I dialed on my phone. He determined the hub was fried and authorized a free replacement. Everything ok so far.

Okay, I finally remember to check for a dial tone--we have one! We disconnected our home (landline) phone service at the first of the year. I still have a dial tone and (presumably) 911 service. YMMV.

Sarah, reporting in from SC. :)

I ported my old home phone to vonage, just to keep the number. I don't have a phone hooked up to it, instead all calls go to vm with a auto voice to text translation, then i get an email. Works well for me. A traditional land line seems obsolete, at least for me!

I'm over at my friend's place. Today a salesperson from AT&T stopped by and tried a cold visit to sell their U-Verse package. Saying that the package starts out really low for the first 6 months, there are not commitments, etc. I sat back quietly at first just listening as he gave his sales pitch to my friend before I gave my opinion. He was quoting prices, on how my friend would save, etc. Then my friend says, she has MagicJack and could use this for long distance. Then I say, my honest opinion, I really don't care for all those channels. It's a pain in the butt flipping through all of them. I was about to mention that all I need is my Slingbox to watch my home sports team. We mention that I've just put up an over the air antenna and it's GREAT. Lots of free over-the-air channels, even a free movie channel (THIS). The salesman pretty much knows he's not going to make a sale and wishes us a good day.

He was very courteous and polite, I must say.

Back
Top Bottom