Thread hijacking

This is just my personal preference, W2R, but if I was you I wouldn't be making my computer's hard drive try to keep spinning during those conditions...

You'll have to get back to us later. You're still with us, right? W2R?!?

It's completely gone... just a brief, scary interlude. Weird, huh? My cable never went out which totally amazes me. I suppose I should go outside and see if my car looks all dimpled or what (I almost don't want to know).

I went outside to check for damage, and my neighbors were all doing the same. Some of them said that there were quite a few trees down blocking the major street two blocks over. Must have been a mini-tornado, though I didn't hear the freight train sounds that I have heard from tornados in the past. There was a lot of debris all over but I had no broken windows and my car seems to be OK - - so I must have overestimated the size of the hail, though it left pockmarks on my sidewalk. :p

And now, it's a quiet Louisiana night - - ^-^

The broadcast media reported hail measured at 0.88 inches in diameter. Why my car didn't get damaged, I do not know!

Last edited:
Speaking of Beaver Cheese and other important stuff - does anybody have a simple/r(than the ones I Googled) method of making pickled pork - the good kind suitible for red beans and rice?

Might as well make this thread work for a living.

heh heh heh - ;).

no, but pickles and pork sound good...like a cuban sandwich!

You will be happy to know - it hails in Missouri also - something for when you make it to ER. Got some the first year after Katrina.

But - my two worst - New Orleans east and back packing the Maroon Bells (Colorado) above timberline in August - both in the 70's.

heh heh heh - :cool:

You will be happy to know - it hails in Missouri also - something for when you make it to ER. Got some the first year after Katrina.

But - my two worst - New Orleans east and back packing the Maroon Bells (Colorado) above timberline in August - both in the 70's.

heh heh heh - :cool:

I'm ready for that Missouri hail!! Bring it on. It couldn't be scarier than this was, for me (though this was very brief).

In Missouri, I plan to get a house with a garage - - that will keep my car safe in a hailstorm. Here, all I have is a driveway. :rolleyes:

It all depends on whether you want to pay off your mortgage and invest the same monthly amount in the market or keep the mortgage and....

Or,

Buy an annuity and Whole Life Insurance.

Or,

Work until your are 70 and THEN take Social Security...

SteveR-------> backing away from the keyboard

Shouldn't this thread be the FAQs? Somewhere like what will I do all day.

Ok. beaver cheese was mentioned, but could we switch gears and discuss farm raised vs. wild salmon, please:D and there hasnt been a "fat" thread in awhile...:p

Last edited:
It's way too early for super bowl planning . What is everybody cooking for the fourth of July ?

Hot dogs, spicy sausage, burgers at DW's uncle's place on the Patuxent River. No healthy food allowed there. Has a dock and a couple of boats, watch fireworks on Solomon's Island from his back yard.

We ran into a storm like W2R describes a couple of weeks ago. Driving home, couldn't see a thing, stopped at a point where there weren't any trees, car is rocking in the wind. Next day two large trees had fallen on the spot where I'd briefly thought about stopping.

That's how fast plans change.

OP comment: Thread hijacking in internet forum communication is the act of steering a discussion off-topic by discussing a subject entirely unrelated to the subject at hand.

Quite frankly I'm pretty annoyed at the way the OP deliberately steered the conversation away from the original intent and may raise an official complaint with the mods! :bat:

Nanny

OP comment: Thread hijacking in internet forum communication is the act of steering a discussion off-topic by discussing a subject entirely unrelated to the subject at hand.

Quite frankly I'm pretty annoyed at the way the OP deliberately steered the conversation away from the original intent and may raise an official complaint with the mods! :bat:

Yes - but should I pay off my mortgage now or use the cash for something else?

Maybe you should take out an enormous mortgage and buy an annuity with the proceeds?

Oh oh oh I'm getting that urge to hop in the car and drive til I cross the border and stock up on fireworks.

Good weather predicted for the 4th and they are already running the dangers of fireworks spots on the news.

enormous mortgages, annuities, fireworks - risky business, risky business.

I'd better stop reading this thread.

heh heh heh - :rolleyes::D.

Maybe you should take out an enormous mortgage and buy an annuity with the proceeds?

an annuity? that would be so boring and much too practical- why not a ferrari :D or a nice vacation to the bahamas...oooh or a fancy walk in closet! heck, get all 3 ...

...Quite frankly I'm pretty annoyed at the way the OP deliberately steered the conversation away from the original intent and may raise an official complaint with the mods! :bat:

Nanny

What a nice link! Worth perusing the Flame Warrior combatants.

But but .... what are you gonna do all day once you retire? aren't you gonna be board?

by the same token, you can take the bus.

Back
Top Bottom