Tiger Woods in Serious Car Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Oh no! ...

Golfer Tiger Woods was injured in a serious car crash in the Los Angeles area on Tuesday morning, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
The department said in a statement that Woods "was extricated from the wreck with the 'jaws of life' by Los Angeles County firefighters and paramedics" before being transported to a local hospital.
Woods' longtime agent, Mark Steinberg, said in a statement provided to Golfweek that the golfer suffered "multiple leg injuries."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...oods-injured-car-crash-california/4560859001/

Oh man. Never a Tiger fan re: his personal life, but was a big fan of him as a golfer. Can’t imagine him coming back from this. Just hope he can function when this is over. Was hoping to see a major or two from him but that seems gone now. Wish him well in his recovery.

Oh man. Never a Tiger fan re: his personal life, but was a big fan of him as a golfer. Can’t imagine him coming back from this. Just hope he can function when this is over. Was hoping to see a major or two from him but that seems gone now. Wish him well in his recovery.

No doubt. I just read that he was recovering from back surgery...ugh. That was one of my biggest fears after my DW's spinal surgery...the 1000 mile road trip back home just 4 weeks after.

Here is video of the accident scene. Doesn't look great, but could have been worse. https://www.tmz.com/videos/2021-02-23-022321-tiger-woods-crash-news-v2-1045558/

Ben Hogan version 2?

I would think Tiger’s back issues will prevent that. Medicine is marvelous and I suspect he’ll be able to golf again, but Tiger was already walking wounded.

Last edited:
I would think Tiger’s back issues will prevent that. Medicine is marvelous and I suspect he’ll be able to golf again, but Tiger was already walking wounded.

I saw an article that mentioned that he might have to sit out the next couple of tournaments after the back surgery (prior to this accident). I would be very concerned about the accident further complicating the healing of his back. Not only to mention whatever injuries he sustained to his legs.

Oof...I didn't realize he had so many back surgeries.

It’s the fifth operation Woods, 45, has had on his back and the first since a spinal-fusion surgery in April 2017. He previously had the microdiscectomy surgery three times in 2014-15.

His back has been a problem for quite a while, even before the crash he was unable to play because of it.

Some reports say it is a compound leg fracture. In any case, surgery is involved.

As a fellow back pain sufferer, and disc surgery survivor, I really feel for him. I see nothing good from this with regard to his back. It can only make it worse.

Some reports say it is a compound leg fracture. In any case, surgery is involved.

As a fellow back pain sufferer, and disc surgery survivor, I really feel for him. I see nothing good from this with regard to his back. It can only make it worse.

Speaking of reporting; the speed to which TMZ reports these things is...well, wow. They have already posted EMS dispatch audio.

Was always a big fan of Tiger. Sounds serious- could be tibia/fibia type injuries.

While golfing the other day we were discussing whether it made sense for Tiger to continue on after his latest back surgery, have a feeling this will be the final nail in the coffin to any future serious golf from him.

Big Tiger fan here and hoping for the best. No doubt any chance for another major is pretty much history. He can still be a great ambassador for the game.

If he can't golf, he could always be a marriage counselor.

perhaps we can save the snark until he's at least out of the hospital...

Last edited:
News said his car was going too fast without down a known dangerous road. Said he might have a shattered ankle as one of the leg injuries. News said good thing the airbags deployed or could have been even worse.

After seeing the two part special about his life on HBO I think, I have a different opinion on Tiger. Earl Woods messed him up severely. Tiger was a fun likable goofy kid in his early years but the awful example set by Earl really severely and deeply damaged Tiger. I feel sorry for him now as in some respects he was never allowed to be a normal kid and IMHO never really had a chance at being a normal well adjusted human being. All the money and fame simply wasn’t worth it IMHO...

Yes, very concerning, particularly the ankle injuries.... golf at that level is very stressful on the body. But even if this horrible accident ends his career, what an incredible career it was! GOAT? Hard to say but definitely in the conversation.

I've seen him at a number of tournaments. Most notable was the President's Cup in Montreal. On one of the par 5 holes his ball landed about 10' away from where we were standing. He came over and a tall guy behind me's shadow from his head was not far from his ball and the guy was moving a little and Tiger stomped on the moving shadow and said "Stop!" with a laugh. The crowd giggled a bit and the guy stopped then Tiger hit an approach pretty close.

Yes, very concerning, particularly the ankle injuries....

This was the exact point about the ankle and golf made on the news story. His injuries don't look life threatening but very possibly career ending.

He should have FIREd long time ago. I guess he has at least 25X.

Yes, very concerning, particularly the ankle injuries.... golf at that level is very stressful on the body. But even if this horrible accident ends his career, what an incredible career it was! GOAT? Hard to say but definitely in the conversation.

I've seen him at a number of tournaments. Most notable was the President's Cup in Montreal. On one of the par 5 holes his ball landed about 10' away from where we were standing. He came over and a tall guy behind me's shadow from his head was not far from his ball and the guy was moving a little and Tiger stomped on the moving shadow and said "Stop!" with a laugh. The crowd giggled a bit and the guy stopped then Tiger hit an approach pretty close.

Personally, I think Nicklaus is still the GOAT, with Tiger a close second. Nicklaus also finished 2nd in 19 majors in addition to his 18 victories.

He should have FIREd long time ago. I guess he has at least 25X.

I wonder if he plans to take SS at 62 or max out at 70?

Hope he makes a full recovery but his golfing days were probably numbered just from his back problems. His 2019 Masters win is still incredible to me coming back from his surgeries. At this point he may just be hoping for a normal functional life with little pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom