Tiger Woods in Serious Car Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, think it was "not" a purposeful "speeding"--hit the gas on purpose--incident. Rather, hit the gas instead of the brake in a new-to-him unfamiliar car.

The guy's career is most likely over, and he faces who knows what in terms of rehab and regaining personal mobility for his body.

I say give the guy a break. Cut him some slack, be a bit charitable.

I guess that I would have to say that if that is what the data recorder says that the data recorder is pretty irrefutable, so I stand corrected. Perhaps he had some sort of medical incident and did mash the accelerator. I presume that he doesn't consciously have a death wish.

And by the way, to be clear, I really like the guy despite his checkered past and wish him the best.... but I am afraid that this will be the end of his PGA career but I hope I am wrong.

Seems it would be hard to check for signs of intoxication after such a crippling accident that he can't even remember. What's the sober way of moaning in pain? According to Wikipedia, he had a suspicious 2009 incident and a 2017 DUI arrest, and wasn't he recovering from something? I think he was on pain meds recently.

Just a question, does TW have to reimburse Genesis (Hyundai) for destroying a brand new car? Or is the loss of the car just something that Genesis has to eat being the sponsor of the event? Asking since the accident was 100% TW fault, and was not vehicle failure or any other vehicle involved.

From what I read he was banged up pretty good around the head, he was found unconscious when the first person got to his car after the crash, that could have affected his memory of what happened.

I can't understand it....the harder I mashed down on the brake the faster I went.

Just a question, does TW have to reimburse Genesis (Hyundai) for destroying a brand new car? Or is the loss of the car just something that Genesis has to eat being the sponsor of the event? Asking since the accident was 100% TW fault, and was not vehicle failure or any other vehicle involved.

I would suppose the event sponsors carried insurance. Don't you think so?

Just a question, does TW have to reimburse Genesis (Hyundai) for destroying a brand new car? ....
That car is worth more now than when it was new. Think of the exhibition possibilities.

Seems it would be hard to check for signs of intoxication after such a crippling accident that he can't even remember. What's the sober way of moaning in pain? According to Wikipedia, he had a suspicious 2009 incident and a 2017 DUI arrest, and wasn't he recovering from something? I think he was on pain meds recently.

A simple blood test?

Even if he did, he would take it out of pocket change.

Yeah, which they didn't do. The cops claimed no signs of intoxication so it wasn't necessary.

Just saw a news story on TV today where police spoke: Said there was no smell of alcohol, no alcohol bottles or other containers found in (or around) the car or crash site, they did not believe alcohol was involved.

One can call the police liars, or one can take them at their word.

Just saw a news story on TV today where police spoke: Said there was no smell of alcohol, no alcohol bottles or other containers found in (or around) the car or crash site, they did not believe alcohol was involved.

One can call the police liars, or one can take them at their word.

I believe that but he could have been under the influence of something other than alcohol. He may have been on pain meds.

What happens at the hospital when Tiger Woods arrives?

Here’s a lighter look at the topic. Two comedians discuss. A little adult language in there in case that bothers you. A good laugh.

https://youtu.be/qFVhaDIe_rk

I can't understand it....the harder I mashed down on the brake the faster I went.

Yeah, there have been two or three past spates of such incidents. Folks driving through the back of their garages, for instance, SWEARING they were pushing on the brake as hard as they could. "The car was 'possessed'" I recall one person saying years back. Can't recall if it was a car mag or a "science" mag who showed that no car in working order could overcome the brake even at full throttle, so the "possessed" car almost had to be a mistaken pedal. It is fairly easy to hit the wrong pedal - especially if, like me you wear a size 2 and 1/2 shoe (two cows and half a keg of nails) - and NO. The old wives tale is not true.

I did hit the gas instead of brake once and quickly realized my mistake - but not before that sick feeling of panic set in (in about 30 milliseconds.) YMMV

It is why I only wear athletic shoes when driving. Women's dress shoes, with heels and slippery soles, can mess with one's perception of where one's foot is. Better to change into the dress shoes at one's destination, rather than take a chance.

(It is unnecessary for male posters to announce that they, too, don't wear lady's dress sandals when driving).

It is fairly easy to hit the wrong pedal - especially if, like me you wear a size 2 and 1/2 shoe (two cows and half a keg of nails) - and NO. The old wives tale is not true.

I did hit the gas instead of brake once and quickly realized my mistake - but not before that sick feeling of panic set in (in about 30 milliseconds.) YMMV

Thanks for the interesting discussion. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom