Time to buy a lottery ticket

Buckeye

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Wednesday I received notification I'd won a 2-hour sunset cruise around Tampa Bay for 6 people. I submitted my name during the Clearwater Jazz Holiday. A large boat seller was a major sponsor and the cruise is going to be on one of their boats. I don't think it's a sales thing because they never asked any personal information.

Saturday I went to a free lecture on health and nutrition and won a nice gift basket. My friend at the same table also won the BIG gift basket. This was in a room of about 50 people.

Today I got a call from Brighthouse (our local cable company) that I had won two tickets to see the Blue Man Group. I had entered the contest on their website. We get to pick a date between Christmas and New Year's.

It also looks like the job prospect is moving along. My potential new boss notified me the requisition for the manager position was finally posted on the website. I submitted my resume Thursday and when I just looked at the status, it said "interview." My background check was completed when I interviewed for the working level position (early Oct) so they already have those questions answered. Everything has moved very sloooooowly so I don't expect to hear from them for a week or two.

Maybe it's time to buy a lottery ticket!

Congratulations. Things look to be lining up well for the j*b. Better get that lottery ticket early--no sense in getting a haircut and getting prepped for the interview if you're gonna win a few million dollars!

Congratulations. Things look to be lining up well for the j*b. Better get that lottery ticket early--no sense in getting a haircut and getting prepped for the interview if you're gonna win a few million dollars!

Oops! Already got the haircut. The string may be over. DH wouldn't claim me anymore so I had to get the hair cut. It had been 8 months.

Holy crap....congratulations....you go girl! :D

The last time I had that kind of luck was....
sCo_idk4.gif
....about six or seven years ago I....
sCo_chinscratch.gif
......hmm, I'll have to get back to you....
sCo_hmmthink.gif

Everything has moved very sloooooowly so I don't expect to hear from them for a week or two.

Got the phonecall today and I will be interviewing next Wedesday. The noose is tightening!

Sounds like things are going your way! That is just great. Go buy that lottery ticket! :D It's never too late. ;)

Wednesday I received notification I'd won a 2-hour sunset cruise around Tampa Bay for 6 people. I submitted my name during the Clearwater Jazz Holiday. A large boat seller was a major sponsor and the cruise is going to be on one of their boats. I don't think it's a sales thing because they never asked any personal information.

We won a cruise like this once in Oakland. When we showed up, we found that there was a "debarkation fee."

We saw the Blue Man Group last summer . It was a really good show plus Universal City walk is lots of fun .

We won a cruise like this once in Oakland. When we showed up, we found that there was a "debarkation fee."

I'll report back what happens. I'm pretty sure it's on the up-and-up based on what I saw at the free jazz festival which went on for 3 days. Very impressive with Chris Botti and Boney James as headliners. Nothing like it living in the cornfields!

If things progress too quickly with the j*b, I'll have to tell them I have scheduled a cruise for that week. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom